How do I stop drinking Sup Forums?

How do I stop drinking Sup Forums?
And why is it only my parents who tells me that I hurt them with this kind of behavior? are they egoistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ig-RShZ6m4
youtube.com/watch?v=lt-udg9zQSE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do they want you to stop? is drinking the only factor

How much do you drink?

Lol why is it only your parents? Cause no one else gives a fuck about you.

Heed their warning and at least cut back. Make alcohol a reward for doing things, that's how I manage my many issues. The substance is a reward for doing something, so it motivates me to keep doing things. Once you do them you realise not only have you spent a big bunch of time not wasted, but you'll actually enjoy doing something other than drink.

answer this question.

Im in the same situation but my friends dont care cause Im allways drinking with them

Thats the thing mate, I have no idea why would they want me to stop,
No my father knows I used to do some drugstore shit from time to time
Until I lose my shit, I mean I never go "angery" or do sime wierd shit you can't even tell that Im drunk AF untill you ask me something that needs to be processed by brain
>no one else gives a fuck about you
But I don't hurt anyone

Because they care, you drunkard.
They're watching the next generation of person drink themselves away. I don't know shit about the rest of your life, so I'm assuming a lot, but you must not be travelling well if you drink enough for your parents to comment on.

You want to know the secret to quitting drugs and alcohol? Too bad, there is none. You just have to do it yourself. Make that decision yourself and take the steps that are needed. Don't be a faggot about it, this is the only life you get.

Wanted to add something to this
Yes drinking is the only real factor cause it does not affects my studies or anything

how much do you drink as in how frequently. are you addicted and need to drink every day? or are you just shit at handling your drinks

>asks for help
>doesn't answer questions

OP being a cocksucker as usual

Thy tried to intervention this summer, it failed miserably I told my father that the reason I started to drink so much (and this is true) and almost every night is because my mother had miscarry when I was 14 but I only STARTED because of this, later on I have no fucking idea man I just can't find the reason not to drink myself to sleep

Sorry bro I have this connection error and have to retype and/or wait for 100%

Do you drink every day?

Not everyday but 3-4 times a week If im not busy with studying

I'm just messing bro, I hope things get better for you.

All I can say is, as long as your drinking isn't affecting your life, then I don't see the problem

then you're addicted and you need to stop. if you don't you'll end up like this guy.

You're definitely not an alcoholic

And that's the point that confuses me the most

What do you guys think? Was I right when I asked: "are they egoistic" And even if it is true I still don't want them to feel bad.
Any ways to make them feel better? Is quitting the only solution?

Then tell them to chill out, obviously with more tact. I basically drink a gallon of beer a day or 1/2 to 2/3 a bottle a day. Or a combo of that.

I'd recommend stopping however. The shakes and lack of sleep start to add up to a state of almost being strung out.

I think you might be worrying too much about it, maybe your parents are putting doubts into your head and making you think you have a problem

Don't drink in front of them

close though. stop now before it gets bad... it definitely will.
my mate was addicted and he was at the point where his stomach lining was perpetually damaged because he needed to drink and he would shit blood and get pains every time he ate or drank from ulcers. On top of that he couldn't get a job so he lived with his parents and could barely afford cask wine.
You think it doesn't affect your life now, but it will when you start needing it to function. You can't control that.

Depending on peoples relationship with alcohol, they have differing viewpoints. How you find your relationship with alcohol is the most important.

Your parents have a wicked view and this seems to confuse you, but try to view it with their feelings in mind, then make the choice wether their right or wrong. The national board of health says that anything beyond 5 drinks a week is too much, but they recently pulled that back from i believe 12-15. We're still learning how bad the effects are, but what we know for sure is that too much isn't good.

this

This. Learn to stealth drink.

How many years have you been really drinking?

Try Alcoholics Anonymous, op.

Well I started when I was 16 but things got worse at 19 when everytime I tried to sleep sober
I had image of how beautifull it would be if my sister survived

I'm the only child btw

why do you need to drink because of that? lol
you're eventually going to need alcohol to fall asleep if you keep doing that. you're taking a small problem and just making it way worse. it makes no sense

replace the habit with a healthier habbit.
every time you feel like you need a drink, hit the gym. or smoke some good dank.

your parents tell you because theyre close enough to you to be honest about how they feel.

friends will respect your decisions to a certain degree but you will most likely cross the line at one point or another. and it wont be met with sympathy.

That pain will never go away. And a nice stiff drink once in awhile is not a bad thing. But dwelling on terrible memories while drinking is.

As for your parents, think of their pain. I know it usually is the other way but you're old enough to take in consideration of their feelings. They are older and wiser and have seen more of life than you, so seeing their only (assuming) remaining child slowly kill themself with poison must be more heart wrenching than you can realize. I'm not trying to belittle your pain, but as a long term alcoholic it is a stupid road to head down.

If you feel you have no other option, hide it from them till they are out of the picture, then destroy yourself.

sounds like op is self medicating to treat a minor depression.

start working out and living your life bruh. let go of whatever happened. learn from it.
grow from it. know that you will never do it again. become a better person than yesterday.

That's some wise words that could only come from a man with expiriance mind sharing?
That made me feel, I remembered my fathers face when I told him the reason why I started to drink, he answered with
>Imagine what I feel? imagine what I feel when i think that could take your mother to Germany or somewhere else where they might have saved the child (I started to cry like a little bitch when he said it) I'm sure he did not mean to push me, it was pure feels

>mind sharing?

actually i dont have first hand experience but my father was an alcoholic as was my grandfather.
both dead now due to heart failure.

too much of anything is bad dude. just stop while you still can. enjoy drinks at parties and clubs. just try not to find yourself drinking alone.

Share your pain with your family, don't hide it from them. Having a family is a blessing on it's own, even if it's one member short.

Mfw this thread went from:
youtube.com/watch?v=6ig-RShZ6m4
to pure
youtube.com/watch?v=lt-udg9zQSE

It's hard as shit to stop, and can be dangerous if you've drank for too long. You should be in the clear though. Just slowly try drinking less, as others have said find something to replace it with. I love weed, but it's not exactly the best replacement.

If you enjoy computers try learn coding. Find a cool trail or hiking spot. Find some books you really enjoy. Until it's off your mind search for something interesting enough to completely overpower your mind. Just take it at your pace.

Good luck Sup Forumsro, my best wishes are with you!

>try learn coding.
I got bored really fast (not my thing)
>Find some books you really enjoy
I do read from time to time, 1-2 books would be my month avarage

That the whole thing, drinking does not affect my life in ANY way except my parents getting upset. Guess i'll never understand until I become parent

Thanks to everyone ITT you have no idea how much you did for me
>Wish you all the best you beautiful bastards

its not a problem now but will be in the future if you dont get it under control.
you making this thread is proof enough that you think you might be losing that control.
just be careful op. your parents love you, theyre not trying to hurt you.

good luck bro.

prove to yourself you can go a week without drinking.
then drink and celebrate
then prove you can do 2 weeks, then drink and celebrate
then prove you can go a month, then celebrate.

keep doing this and in time you will start to think you dont even need to celebrate. and then just stop drinking completely. except on special occasions like parties and such.

this method helped me kick some nasty habits. im sure it can work for you too