Sup Forums how do you argue with flat earthians?

Sup Forums how do you argue with flat earthians?
Basically my family believes in this I need help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JgY8zNZ35uw
youtu.be/vFTVQu9TPp8
youtube.com/watch?v=gyaG4oUYtaA
youtu.be/GDKc6X8TXNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't

>Basically my family believes in this I need help
No, they need help.

Distance yourself

Just point and laugh. Thats what I do any time I hear anyone spout Sup Forums tier BS in real life

Why would we be lied to about the shape of the planet?

Seems like they are right

yea its pointless. trust me iv'e hours upon hours of worthless research trying to get to the bottom of the theory. these people cant be reasoned with.

With a wood chipper.

Do your part, fix the gene pool.

Get a better family.

literally everything that post says is bullshit but lets go down the list for you:
1. no understanding of phisiks: you dont feel speed only acceleration (see driving a car at 200 kmh or flying a plane)
2. you can by ooking at ships for example or going up the highest building in the world (if the sun has gone down at the bottom and you go to the top youll have anoother sunset at the top in two min)

I mean, the willful ignorance of this is so profound, it seeks to dispute the speed of light itself.

Something measurable now for over 100 yrs.

Is this indeed such an amusing troll for people that they take the time to make these images?

I've already met those IRL who have bought it. It was surreal.

3. how the fuck does perspective explain something disapearing on the bottom only because its of it being far away

OP here
I am in pain - my mom keeps sending these things.
Anyone know any horizon science?

The ones that spout this shit are either massive trolls or fucking retards and I still haven't figured out which.

4 they dont because they are flying against gravity (look at bullet balistics

Depending on how much money you have, it's not too expensive to buy a small video camera and a big ass balloon. You send the balloon up into the atmosphere and record it.

School kids do it all the time and it lets you view the curvature of the earth.

5 it is google it dumb shit
6 there are witness acccounts and multiple pictures from other agencies

jesus christ you are stupid. there is no need for science here, a simple picture will do

OP here ill check for videos there must be stuff out there already

i listed multiple proofs and there are hundreds more

but user, that's not flat

Let them fly in a sailplane once. If you manage to get high you can see the rounding of the earth with your own eyes.

that is fotoshop and or taken from the bay

Start with CoolHardLogic's series that recently started up.
youtu.be/JgY8zNZ35uw

I have a master degree in horizon science and i can confirm that your momis absolutely right

great dubs broham ill send the link - OP

>believes earth is flat
>has never seen the edge
>has never heard of anyone seeing the edge
>doesnt take a trip around the earth to prove his theory
>Listens only to people who agree with him
>Continues to use technology like phones that use gps information from satellites orbiting the earth

The more i think about it the more im convinced that your parents are retarded.
How did they make a non-retard?

Build a ship and do what Magelan did, if it convinced people 500 years ago it should work on your family, provided they dont all died a horrible death in sea, unlikely though especially when passing cape of horn and goodwill. Either way that will solve the problem

Ah, good ol' dumbass rounders, never accepting the facts put before them.
Time to get schooled you dumb shits.

Of course there are, but your family will just deny it as a part of the conspiracy.

If you make them a part of the experiment it will be a lot harder for them to deny the results.

First, that photo is a lie. You can't see Chicago from 57 miles away over the horizon.

How is there a base at the Antarctic if it's really just a huge wall of ice circling the entire planet?

Conspiracy?

>they dont all died a horrible death

You can't even speak correctly, and we are supposed to take your word on the planets shape?

They didn't.

Seriously though I think there's nothing more complicated to people who choose to believe shit like this than "Science is too complicated for me to understand, so I'll just act on the premise that it's not true."

Feminist Lucy Irigay said Einstein was a sexist because relativity privileges the speed of light over other important speeds

That math is just plain made up

I wont insult you, i wont paddy and scream my point across but all i ask is please user explain why the earth is flat?
Not opinions but solid facts with evidence please

Theyre so far gone if they believe this that you can't win.

Leave them to their ignorance.

If you could reason with flat earthers they wouldn't be flat earthers.

>Same goes with religious people, conspiracy theorists, hard-line far left/right people ect

I'm assuming you're underage b& and still live with them, otherwise you need to remove them from your life and never talk to them again. That kind of retardation cannot be corrected, it is fundamentally unstoppable

Don't, don't bother. Either he's trolling or we should have a prayer for his retardation.

Just put two sticks in the ground, or mention that dude who crossed Antarctica, or ask them to explain the seasons, or time dilation of atomic clocks (look it up)

Actually his math is correct. It doesn't prove a flat earth to me, but that is an interesting fact.

This is god-tier b8.

Ask them about satellites in the sky. You can see them at night, and they stay in the sky, but dont have engines or fuel keeping them in the air.

Then ask your mom why she feels so insecure. Ask her if you have been ignoring her. Ask her if she uses flat earth as a means of getting attention because she feels so small. Remind her that she is a woman, not a child, and must be able to stand on her own emotional two feet

First off all it's a typo, second of all not everyone has english as their mother's tongue so yeah, also you will need a pretty good gyroscope to avoid precession in your example

Fair enough, can't fault you when English is not your native language.
However, facts don't lie.

thats nice advice m8 thanks believe you me its my family's influence on her - she is new still so I can try to save her before she embarrasses herself more - OP

>he doesn't know how gravity works

These kinds of crazy blatantly wrong "worldwide conspiracy" theories are really starting to get popular in civilized societies for a number of reasons. The major one in my belief is that the "common" man in these societies is essentially bored. These add spice to their meaningless existence, their boring repetitive lives. While genuine science is fascinating it tends to lack that Hollywood movie excitement that these theories provide. All in all, some people would rather be entertained than informed.

We know how it works, you're just parroting what you're told without researching it.
youtu.be/vFTVQu9TPp8

>that picture
I don't think that flat earthers really grasp how big earth is. Note how there is absolutely no ocean in sight in the top picture. If the camera was high enough to capture a continent, the curvature would be very apparent

HAhahaha, best pic I have seen

This all ties into the Mandela effect, and if you don't know about one that you can't speak on the other with any bit of certainty.
The Mandela Effect.
Shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines.

Why did you link a Mandela Effect video?
Is that another bullshit theory that you, for some unknown reason, believe in?

Correct their model

You're joking right? I mean the gyroo example you gave proves the earth is round not the other way around. A three-axle gyro spins in a fixed position irrelevant of the position on earth or how you twist and turn it its base

But according to science even from a beach you should still see curvature with your naked eye, so in that photo curvature should be blatantly visible, and it's not.

It explains why you STILL think Earth is round, even though the facts prove otherwise. And it's why we pity you rounders rather than resent you.

Just think, there are a bunch of faggots in some parallel universe saying that Nelson Mandela was released from prison and became the Pres of South Africa. Meanwhile all the jigs in South Africa are still segregated and the crackers in charge are laughing everytime they hear about the "Mandela effect".

Correct.
And...that has nothing to do with and doesn't have any effect on the STILL IMAGE in the post.

The Mandela Effect is, imo, a mixture of the inherently flawed process of memory and mob mentality. Memories can be easily manipulated by various stimuli.
Memory is unreliable. Memory can change a face. Memory can change the colour of a car.

And you've measured the distance to the sun, to the moon?

Topkek

>According to science
No. No scientist would say you can see the curvature of the earth from a beach. You.can watch a boat sink into the horizon, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=gyaG4oUYtaA

That's an interesting theory and I respect it, but it's not proof either way, so can't be taken as fact.

youtu.be/GDKc6X8TXNE

Watch it. 5 minutes of your time. If you take the blue pill, gtfo the thread and go relax somewhere in your safety bubble.

Anyone HONESTLY think that their government wouldn't lie to them?

blackvault.com

>I respect it
fuckin retard

There it is, everyone. The complete and total proof.

A book said it

Entirely not true.
SquareRoot(height above surface / 0.5736) = distance to horizon, where height above surface is in feet and distance to horizon is in miles.
So if eye level is 8" above water, horizon is only mile away.

>+1

You added so much to this thread, any more nuggets of wisdom? Didn't think so, dumbfuck. Go back to your furfag threads where you fit in.

>pastors and priests of the science religion

Bet them. Tell then you'll believe the flat earth theory if they themsemves, with no outside measurements or data, can objectively prove the flatness of the earth. If you can prove the earth is round under similar conditions, then they have to shut the fuck up. Losing team pays the winning team's research costs.

Been fun trolling and seeing how butthurt you dumbfucks get, but gotta go. I'm sure you'll fall for it next time around as well, you always do.

The idea I've never thought about just asking if these people ever actually just tried to get to the edge is sad. Facts presented; dreams crushed.

You don't. You laugh at them and then get depressed when you realize these people can vote.

You're right, I completely forgot about all those times I went to the harbour to view the boats sailing off in to the distance and how they sailed infinitely off in a straight line.

Yeah, like your dumb ass can contribute anything.
The Mandela Effect is a bunch of idiots refusing to accept the fact that they don't remember everything perfectly. It deserves no respect and the fact that you're willing to give it any shows that you've taken "open mindedness" as an excuse to accept whatever bullshit anyone spews at you.

Go and study psychology for a few years.

holy shit, if this isn't bait you are so full of shit, you actually created a new definition of beeing full of shit.

>ships disappearing on the horizon has EVERYTHING to do with perpective because if you looked from a closer perspective the ship would still be there.
>earth is spinning, but gravity counters the centrifugal force, if the spinned much faster we would indeed be tossed into space.
>earth is not round , it is oval because of the centrufugal force
int main{
if(thread==bait) OP = topbait0r;
else OP=fag00t;
}

ah sry op, i only read the pic not your post.
but you can apply my chain of agrument to your family.

haha i definitely will!

>flat earth
That shit's fucking conical, user

I'm saving this thread for future informative talks you guys have been helpful!

Yah, but scripture is gay!

I'm so sick and tired of these threads. This shit gets more generic everytime.
Who'd fall for that?

Flat earthers have appearently never made a plane trip that induced jet lag. Never made an international call and had to account for the time change. They do not consider how vital technology like GPS and communications/weather satellites work. They also seem to think that about half the world is in on this conspiracy because that is what it would take for their bullshit to be true. They are intent on keeping their fantasy to the grave because they think that is what it takes to get in to heaven.

Tell them to explain the seasons
There's no possible way that the earth is flat. Thinking of this, and not agreeing with science is not only foolish, but absolutely, and completely detrimental to society as a whole.

tbh it is true and I'm not informed enough to argue my points so yep..