it aint me starts playing

Surfin' bird on Full metal jacket

tarantino has good taste in music but his films are overrated as fuck

Does anime count?
youtu.be/udEk2oax6Tc

youtube.com/watch?v=YUAGx3fnqdw
"feel the heat of your desire, i just can't face the fire"

youtu.be/lDPn4d651zM

This whole soundtrack is pretty amazing, frankly.

This whole movie

>Adagio For Strings in Elephant Man and Platoon
>Blue Danube in the opening for 2001
>We'll Meet Again for the ending of Dr. Strangelove
>Lux Aeterna in Requiem For A Dream

you start

no

kys

good picks

>a cover of a cover: The Soundtrack
No
Good stuff. Kavinsky - Nightcall was memorable

Well if anime is outlawed then I'll go with this scene
youtu.be/BdK0jaLuJL8

Goodfellas
Vertigo
I Knew Her Well
Manhattan
The Neon Demon

youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw

Every time that piano started playing it made the scenes stronger, they felt more...important, moving

youtu.be/eRDty052c2c

Is it the surface of the Sun? Only dream I ever have.

What's so special about manhattan? He uses the same kind of soundtrack in most of his other movies. I think Sweet and lowdown is better in that front

fight club... fuck the music was what made it.

bump

imma bump my dick in your mouth senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA

>not adagio in D-minor
cmon nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=NQXVzg2PiZw

A REAL HUMAN BEAN

The all Gerschwin soundtrack captures the romantic side of new york perfectly and imbues it with bittersweet nostalgia.

This

Thank you for posting friend

Fuck this scene. Fuck Tarantino for trying to make violent psychopathy and torture look "cool".

but its so much fun jan

Ah, so it's still like a bunch of his other movies. Maybe it works better because it's in black and white

Against cops, no less. This shit was BLM 25 years early.

>Lookin' back on the track, gonna do it MAH WAE

youtube.com/watch?v=Ruw9fsh3PNY

I actually really liked the scene of Guardians of the Galaxy when he's stealing the orb. I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy motown combined with scifi so much.

It's just more of his vacuous, infantile nonsense. He doesn't have the verve or charm to pull it off informally, and he doesn't have the precision to make it draw questions from the viewer. Man I disliked RD

Lots of Tarantino juxtaposes awful shit with giddiness. It's just part of his style.

fuck you man

this scene makes me sad every time

How about the usage of freebird at the end of The Devils rejects?

It does if you use the better film with a better usage of a soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=0AY27gLWhtM

I really enjoyed the hallelujah and all along the watchtower scenes

just about any lynch film has perfect use of music

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ntFAqhK5M

Well, yeah, but I don't like how it's done in RD. I think it's done better in Inglorious Basterds, since the movie shows more self-awareness, and I don't think RD is leaden enough with giddy violence to make any kind of statement; instead it just becomes distasteful.

youtu.be/HUZOKvYcx_o

I bet none of you plebs even saw this movie.

I was sitting around with my friends once watching this movie, and nobody was really paying attention so i put on the song "Caught Up In You" by .38 Special and it synced up PERFECTLY with that fight that happens between Rorschach and all those cops right before he gets taken to jail. It was fucking amazing. It should have been used for that scene.

Understandable.

All the different takes on the same song went with theme of the movie, and gets stuck in your head in a good way.

When I was reading the graphic novel the song "the man who sold the world" by nirvana started playing as I was reading the scene where ozymandias reveals what he just did. It went so perfectly.

I agree, that movie had some good music but damn they missed some good opportunities

obligatory
youtu.be/PamLPnXk2ic

like shoving All Along the Watchtower in there?

but seriously, that opening montage is incredible, I don't even like Dylan but all three things, the movie format, the music and the book worked perfectly together for those couple of minutes

It's supposed to be detestable though; remember that the scene pays off with Tim Roth shooting Mr. Blonde about 20 times.

Lux Aeterna is kind of cheating since it's part of the score.

Amadeus was kind of king of incorporating music, but being based on composer it's not much a surprise.
youtube.com/watch?v=kBXt9Bn4qns

This is basically how I view it as well. Mr Blonde is a fucking psycho. While everyone is freaking the fuck out, the first shot of Mr. Blonde we see he's sipping on a soda. Justification aside, I still get what you're saying.

It was honestly a perfect setup of the tone for the rest of the film. You knew exactly what you were getting and the soundtrack as a whole was very important in general in the themes that were presented.

I'M A SPACE INVADA

Everyone wanks over that scene but I thought it was corny and too 'on the nose'.

Sure, but I think the inclusion of the music reveals a hand or motive extrinsic to the movie's world. Yeah, he gets killed soon after, but only the audience witnesses the torture along with the music. Sans music, it feels more contained within the reality of the movie world -- and the audience would still understand that he's a shithead -- but with its inclusion it becomes more evident that it's a scene that's been created by someone, and that someone's curation doesn't craft something provocative in any way that isn't shallow and sordid.

Maybe I'm not articulating that in a way that's legible, but I'm on my phone and I'm trying to be brief lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=JFX-qfYbHKg

I never got this. why was that one the straw that made him break.

Most of Mann's films.

youtube.com/watch?v=o-VnDcs3pnU

That one's a bit reminiscent of parts from Drive. Refn seems to be influenced by Mann.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DKX-2pa-UE

The visuals in this scene are better than the music, but it's still a good use of the song.

Trainspotting is one that always comes to mind.
Both Lust for Life and Perfect Day were used well.

>Lust for Life

goodfellas opening

a bit too self important, but this scene works very well

youtu.be/U0z62IALjqM

let's not forget the scene with Molina smoking crack. Excellent music pairing.

In the end, most 13 ep animes are just really long movies. And the music wasn't "used" in any particular way, it was just good. Hell, I thought the music was way too good for this anime.

>We'll Meet Again for the ending of Dr. Strangelove

This nigga gets it

Taxi Driver
Apocalypse Now
The Manchurian Candidate
2001 a Space Odyssey
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas

these are few that come to mind

Jesus fucking christ the rebuilds are horrible