Is this the best series ever made?

Is this the best series ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-rolling-stone-interview-20140423?page=4
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3110466/Game-Thrones-creator-defends-rape-scenes-Author-says-dishonest-boring-leave-sexual-violence.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now that the dust has settled? Yes.

no

Far from it.

Objectively yes.

homer.jpg

BORING!

You guys are insufferable posting this every day.

They are shit. Its been threaded in the Overrated movies thread. Stop posting about them

Asoiaf is so much better.

What. What. Go ahead lay it on Dicks.

nothing else even comes close i'm serious

They are both bad but lotr is much better pleb

Why didn't they just fly the mt doom to the eagles

Its an overrated piece of trash for lowly educated guys with bad taste. There are far greater stories than this, but the usual mouth breathing neck beard isnt familiar with anything beyond fucking hobbit stories.

Literally the only people I know that are obsessed with LOTR never went to college.

Objectively, yes.

Your right it is better, oldfags are just butthurt

>There are far greater stories than this
name a few

hello reddít

No user, have you ever read Hypersion? War and piece? His Dark Materials?

Off course not, they're more than simple straightforward fantasy movies/novels with forced emotion. People with poor reading skills cant appreciate novels like that.

Oh Sam carry to the mountain and suck my hobbit dick.

Yeah so much better user.

Unequivocally yes.

This.... Is an observation I've never realized but is accurate.

Only Fellowship of the Ring is good.

samefag

I saw you in the other thread do you have 2 images?

Your mother

Also His Divine Comedy. Dante's Inferno is perfect for a movie adaptation, but Jezus freaks in US would never allow for it.

no

Other guy here, how does it feel to be that fucking retarded?

rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-rolling-stone-interview-20140423?page=4

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3110466/Game-Thrones-creator-defends-rape-scenes-Author-says-dishonest-boring-leave-sexual-violence.html

>'But if you’re going to write about war, and you just want to include all the cool battles and heroes killing a lot of orcs and things like that and you don’t portray [sexual violence], then there’s something fundamentally dishonest about that.

how could one man be so based?

THIS

Yes so they're simple stories for simple people.

youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ

TL;dw

1>3>2; All good, but I thought Dead by Dawn was too light with the humor to avoid coming off as lame horror. The hand was the only bit that worked for me.

Wow it's almost like Tolkien wrote this shit 60 years ago and literally created the entire genre or something.

Only a sith deals in absolutes

What a shitty line.

4 u

fpbp

You know he borrowed heavily? Like he for sure did work but he had a lot built for him in early English literature

He also took a lot from history, the Borgias etc.

>[overly long acronym]

who?

What do you expect him to build his ideas from otherwise?

LotR trilogy is a masterpiece.

Im talking about martin you faggot

I'm just saying I always heard he built this shit and then I read some of the shit he took from and it's like oh shit he didn't build it from scratch I just thought it was interesting man fuck you.

LOTR are my favorite boring flicks to fall asleep to

Currently watching Ash vs Evil dead, will watch the trilogy later tonight because of my fucked up sleep schedule

Lotr fags are the worst.

If you read Tolkien's letters, you'd realize that in his political vision there would be no such thing as a "tax policy" or "standing army".

You may call that naive, but it's hypocritical to only apply such standards to Tolkien. The truth is, everyone does this shit to their favourite political systems. No one criticizes Ursula Le Guin for creating a communist utopia in "The Dispossessed", and even GRRM has a perfect utopia in his books, the Summer Islands, that is completely naive and ahistorical.

>GRRM has a perfect utopia in his books, the Summer Islands, that is completely naive and ahistorical.

What is Denmark?

Close, but no.

A nordic social democracy.

>Off course

Sick education bro, you seem to be a bit off course though

What the fuck happened to movie posters? Did all the good designers just die?

>implying you can't (you) your self

Army of Darkness is shit

Well boy, I'm afraid you're not quite mature yet, come back when you're older, ok?.

They're going to a land where orcs and heaps of other scary shit control every corner, pretty sure they'd get shot down in an instant.

I got so hard when i saw this scene in the movie theater.
Probobly my favorite moment i ever had watching a movie ever specially in the cinema.

youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

nah

Only if you were 12 at the time your first saw it, and maybe a bit of a numbnut too.

Those movies have a lot of good things going on, but a whole lot of facepalming bullshit too. I, for one, was not surprised when I saw the total disaster that was the hobbit: everything wrong about it was already there in the first trilogy, just slightly hidden behind one or two good ideas and performances.

Just take a look objectively at the fabled battle of helm deep: It's great right? No, it's utter shit. Instead of being tense and epic, it's scene after scene of comedic moments (lol), dwarf jokes (lmao), orcs being a laughstock of incompetence (rofl). Pathetic directing.

>The Calvary has arrived to save the day: terrible CGI edition
>favorite moment i ever had watching a movie ever
It sucks dick bro, hard.

If we're talking about "multiple movies set in same lore", the list is Godfather, Star Wars, LOTR

If trilogies then Star Wars, LOTR, Man With No Name

I did not know that it was possible to be this wrong.

Probably not even top10

>numbnut
who's the 12 year old now?

You're a fucking pleb those are shit exceot the godfather

Harry potter grossed most and was the most consistent and critically acclaimed. They are all good except the Goblet of Fiyah

Also more comfy than lotr I will fight you for that

Dekalog
Cavalry trilogy.
Three Colors.
Zombie's Halloweens
Evil Dead series
original Star Wars trilogy.
Before trilogy
Pusher trilogy
The Adventures of Antoine Doinel
Kaurismaki Finland trilogy
To's Election
WKW's The Informal Trilogy
Europa Trilogy
Godfather

maybe next time

oh forgot Mad Max series.

The Superior Jacksonkino

Some of the laziest bait I've ever seen.

>the series with 8 movies grossed more than the series with 3

thinks nobody

You think you're shitposting but you're not. It is superior, though not by much.

You thought you weren't retarded, but you are

How come GURM doesn't understand that you can only have this much innovation when you write a book?
No one wrote fantasy before Tolkien ever so it'd be frustrating as hell for reader to see gore and violence in LOTR. Too new and obscure.

that's not Three Colors or Before Trilogy

>hypersion
>war and PIECE
>off course

and then you go on to talk about "people with poor reading skills"

either this is a near-perfectly crafted piece of bait or we might just have found the most pretentious poster on this board

>No one wrote fantasy before Tolkien ever
L
M
A
O

Fucking Sup Forums NEVER EVER fails to deliver the PLEBBIEST SHIT out of the media boards

No Tom Bombadil makes tLotR a dull trio.

What the fuck did this thing even eat? Hoy shit.

How the fuck were there only rumours of the fall of Moria? What? They had no communication with the outside world? Nobody went to check up? Why bother mining if you have no trade? Yeah I read part of the Silmarillion and I know that's in the dwarves nature to mine because God, but why would they have literally no allies? Clearly this happened a while ago if they're all literally skeletons now?

Theres literally no reason for there to be even a possibility that Moria isn't completely fucked in the eyes of the fellowship. It should be continent - wide knowledge.

Also what the fuck was up with Sarroman telling Gandalf to doubt the plan to go to Moria? I get it's exposition but who is he talking to? Himself? He can't be talking to Gandalf psychically, why would he want him to not go to Moria? There is no reason why he should be saying those words. Is he just talking to the audience? That was lazy as fuck.

he was pure magik

>What was Aragorn’s tax policy?
What the fuck? It's whatever the feudal fucking tax was back in the day, not important to the story
>Did he maintain a standing army?
Probably, at least for a while to fight the human remnants of Sauron's forces
>What did he do in times of flood and famine?
Send help?
>And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains.
Exactly! They live in the fucking mountains and no one cares
>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity
IIRC Sauron offered Aragorn vassalization
>and you don’t portray [sexual violence]
Are orcs sexually attracted to human women?

Too jewish.

So... no.

Peter Jackson has said many times that he makes movies for himself. He puts in things he finds funny, action scenes he thinks look cool. He's less concerned with preserving the integrity of the source material than he is with having a good time directing and making a movie he finds fun.

It grosses mre than the entire james bond franchise and at least 15 or something mcu.

Also lotr is overrated it got destroyed in the overrated movies thread. Only fellowship is remotely good

>what is inflation
This is your average Harry Potter fan.

Loook at the top grossing series harry potter btfo star wars, lotr and the hobbit, james bond and marvel, until the last couple years because they have 22 films or something

Did you not read marvel? It has btfo out of marvel if you break it down marvel is only ahead because they have made three times as many films.

Hell the last 3 bond films have probably grossed 2 billion alone. Harry potter had 7.7 billion in 8 films and managed to beat 20 something james bond films and 15+ marvel films. Stop trying to say its not impressive.

>muh epic ignoring
On average its the highest grossing and it was the highest grossing save the MCU who have a shitton of movies

Fag.

Almost as if LotR is a completely different type of story.

But he's right

what was jesus' tax policy?

>Is this the best series ever made?

No. Most overrated series ever made is closer to reality.

Terminator and T2 are best movie-sequel combination ever.
Original Star Wars trilogy.

Mr cuck tongue

Can't really disagree desu.
I don't know any other 4 hour movie that doesn't feel stretched out or boring during any part of it.

lotr founded fantasy as we know it today
It could be argued that ASOIAF borrows concepts from LOTR, as do many other fantasy works.