Why does Poland miraculously produce high-quality video games?

Why does Poland miraculously produce high-quality video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DLyqSQhS6E0
youtube.com/watch?v=OHBwS1frPak
youtube.com/watch?v=v5tf0x0jazI
youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw
youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU
youtube.com/watch?v=BTZj-y5rT6k
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/669/?
stare-hry.cz/
youtu.be/gIwevfBfLo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Slav magic

Production costs are literally 1/4 of American and 1/6 of Japanese
Why do you think we emigrate en masse

They don't have to abide by bullshit political correctness which has ruined countless game, such as the upcoming ME game

because fuck you gook that's why

I'm not that autist ;_;
p.s. I love the witcher series

>Be Poland
>Game is called Wild Hunt
>awesome game, except the wild hunt parts
Thats why we called our RPG Gothic; it has nothing to do with Gothic but the rest is awesome

Poles are masterrace. We elolved from shitty subhuman eastern slavs into UBERMENSCHEN.

>Why does 1 polish company miraculously produce 3 high-quality video games?

>implying that Techland doesn't produce high quality games too

because we don't have videogame megacorps with 40 years of experience that can dickride the established brand forever.

if a small studio makes a bad game, noone buys it, company loses money and they go under

a western company makes a bad game, it's a 13th rehash of the game that used to be good, people will buy it anyway, company makes a profit and the cycle continues

painkiller was the best Poland had to offer

So much this
If Eredin wasn't such a fucking edgy autistic Sauron wannabe and instead tried to seduce Ciri, he'd have her dancing to his tune in no time. I mean, he's supposed to be centuries old for fuck's sake, he must know how to get pussey
Now that I think of it, Eredin is literally dumber than Edward Cullen.

Literally any game made by studio different from studios like this is masterpiece

Why Germans can't make proper Gothic sequel anymore?

Yeah. And they throw Yennifer too late into the game and then I should feel magicly connected to her? I had more reasons to be with Triss at this point.
I mean, in the End I sided with Yen because she was much more mature and a lot like Gerald and CD Project Red did a great job in showing her as ruthless as Gerald is sometimes.
But the whole storyline with the WIld Hunt feels super forced. Blood and Wine showed how good this whole Witcher Universe could be, even if my fav character, Gunter O'Dim, was in Heart of Stone

Becuase they shouldn't! The Story of Gothic was finished after Gothic 3 and then it should have ended.
Better a good TV Series with just one season and thats awesome rather then just meh and 13 seasons

but Gothic 3 sucks

dead islands were shit and so was dying light.

after a few fanpatches I have to admit that I realy enjoyed it. It felt final, told a good story in the end and was pretty hard

Dying Light is pretty ok. The co-op mode is a blast with friends. I just hate the skills system and quests marker bullshiterry like in W3

it sucked at the release and many years after.
but the community for gothic series was huge and after PB agreed to cooperate with a modding group G3 was fixed.

Sure it doesn't hold a candle to G2 NoTR but patched and fixed G3 is an awesome game.

youtu.be/DLyqSQhS6E0

mfw CD Projekt is now one of the biggest companies in Poland

Risen wan´t that bad.

t. Gomez, der Erzbaron

not surprising.
we're still in the banana republic stage where top 10 largest companies are majority state-owned

Polen.. Polen.. POLEN!
Why do you give me this instant feels?!
Give me a moment to watch out of the window while it rains...

Never played Risen 1, but Risen 2 Dark Waters is so goddamn dumb. I can't believed that game was made by studio that previously made Gothic 1&2.

The combat system is designed for simpletons. Mash left mouse button until the enemy dies.
The characters' expression and dialog are so cringe. Played like 15 hours and uninstalled. Can't refund that shit.

They don't. Witcher games are dull shit.
I couldn't play more than 10 mins before getting a refund.

>mash the left mouse button until the enemy dies
that's Witcher 1 combat tbqh

Triss cucks you many times. Did you visit her house in Novigrad.

>one of the most successful pricate companies in poland is digital content creation company instead of traditional industry
really makes think.............

Never played Witcher 1 t b h

How's Bannerlord?

No I didn't becuase the game triggers mission and eventy that you have to chain up correctly in order to get all missions / all bonuses done like I'm a furtune teller.
But I read about that fan theory, like I said I ended up with Yen

Then you won't like it because it has shit combat system in comparison to modern games.

i played it when it came out and i loved it. it was one of the best games i've ever played. finished it 10000 times at least.

The story was mind blowing back then, the 'mature' sex szenes where laughable even for me as a horny teenager. Dragon Age did a better job in showing realtionships in my humble opinion or Mass Effect.
Hell, even StarCraft 1 lovestory between Rainor and Kerrigen feel more real then anything the Witcher 1 tryes

>combat sucks
Thanks for the headsup

It has nice soundtrack though.

youtube.com/watch?v=OHBwS1frPak
youtube.com/watch?v=v5tf0x0jazI
youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw

>Soundtrack
Steel is for Humans from the Witcher 3 OST
11/10!
youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU

youtube.com/watch?v=BTZj-y5rT6k

childhood classic.

How comfy this game? Just listened the first soundtrack. It's pretty good.

I might give this game a chance if I have some free time.

left or right?

>How comfy this game?
Very comfy.
Outskirts of Vizima and Act 4 are literally the comfiest.

Ok, you convinced me.
Sometimes Sup Forums is a better place to discuss vidya.

It is never coming out.

>dungeons & no dragons
wtf

play with this
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/669/?
Rise of the White Wolf Enhanced Edition, it fixed a lot of graphic shit and many other things.

My computer can't run this game

Easy, Kingdom Come!

Ok, ty

Dying light was a fooking joke.
The dumbest game ever.
It is literally easier to fix a goddamm plumbing pipe than find a new one.
Not to mention it breaks after few hits. (Wtf is steel?!?!)
Also your person is magically able to jump/climb/scale building but cant swing a bat for 10 seconds.
Totall retard/ 10

What, here you get a high end PC for ~850 EUR if you build it together all by yourself

That game mechanic is so annoying as hell. But at least it's fun to play with friends. The story is also suck and feel generic.

that's a fucking shit ton of money and I'm not going to pretend it isn't just to not by memed on by teenagers, fuck off

I play all my games on shitty embedded laptop. Just turn all setting way down

They were abused too many times here,
and the chagrin finally created Gelaluto

Soviet legasy and vodka magic

I mean, sure, I am speaking about High-End and not 'okay middle class'
But then I mean 'not have to upgrade your system in the next 5 years'

My computer too. I playing in stronghold crusader.

My nigga.

there aren't this much good game out right now tbqh
Mass Effect Andromeda will look amazing on my PC when it's released end of the month

stare-hry.cz/

5 years worth of gamepaly of games your piece of shit can run. Games that were made in times of VGA or earlier, so developers had to focus on gameplay rather than looking pretty and filtered by stading the test of time and thus having fun in guaranteed

whoever is in charge isn't an idiot

first witcher was so-so but they've improved step by step

they also run fairly successful gog.com

it's like whoever is in charge is the Polish Gabe

The lead designer started his career by making a shitty Czech D&D knockoff in the 90's.

Through, if somebody bothered to translate it into English, it would likely be a success among the OSR hipsters.

I'm waiting for Bannerlord.

>Mass Effect Andromeda
NO. bad animations, no imitation of life like oblivion or skyrim, bad faces NPC, action like cheap korean grind rpg...no no no no. i going in balmora.

>Mass Effect Andromeda will look amazing
As long as characters have helmets on their heads hiding their faces.

Actually lots of games coming this early and mid year. But it mostly jap shit.

another overrated trash

>overrated trash
its final fantasy and metal gear solid.

WHERE THE FUCK IS CYBERPUNK 2077

Hes much better imo, you can see that delivering quality products is his passion, not just business plan. I highly recommend this interview, its long but he basically tells his and his CD Projekts entire story from small time distributor in 90s Poland to big developer here and what is his philosophy
youtu.be/gIwevfBfLo4

>buying EA bioware games after ME 2

You fucked up Klaus

they are but this shit is more.

>42:10
yeah okay no

is there a summary or "best bits" somewhere?

Short story of CD Projekt
1) Start selling legal games in country where piracy is legal and game cost your entire salary
2) ???
3) Become messiah of vidya gaming

There was no way it could get wrong.

I dont know. I treated it like a podcast and listened while cleaning my apartament. If you like vidya its a comfy listen about the industry in general