The Red Wedding is the single greatest twist in TV history

The Red Wedding is the single greatest twist in TV history.

I don't even watch this shit show

except it was written down 13 years before the episode was aired. so hardly.

>Book
FTFY

The showfag reaction was fucking hilarious.

>TV history
Is this bait? The book came waaaaaay before the show.

>Is this bait?
gr8 b8 m8

>implying even 1% of viewers read that crap

Holy shit you're an ignorant little shit. If the books weren't successful, the show would've never been made in the first place. Bait more please.

I beg to differ.

Holy fuck this.
This shit fucking blew my mind and I barely even watched the actual show.

The end of Party Favors from Spartacus was a pretty good one.

he killing Lila was the greatest twist I've seen recently, probably due to the fact I read the books and I knew about the red wedding

>i knew it was coming because I read spoilers a few years before, so it wasn't good

This forum is retarded

>the show hasn't shown zombie lady stark yet despite it being in book 3.
I guess they left out some things. At least The Hound is going down that path to meet her in the next season.

She's never gonna show up because D&D don't really give a shit about her

>tfw it was actually shit compared to how i imagined it

didnt even read the books either

She's been cut from the show completely dude.

don't know if the best in history but pic related made BB go from 4/10 to 9/10

desu this was a way better twist

To add to this, there's no point in her character being in the show now that Walder Frey is dead.

It's not a twist you retard it's just plot development.

>the exact plot of fight club is a good "twist"

Pls fucking die

(you)

>copying Fight Club

that part has literally nothing to do with fight club you idiot

More like
>the exact plot of The Empire Strikes Back plus that one scene from Return of the Jedi

>the love interest already knows the narrator
Dude it's fight club split over 12 hours instead of 2

i think you need to rewatch fight club

One of the few things they got right

I don't remember his sister in Fight Club.

Final destination: The Red Wedding made a great twist for television, because we are use to television-style twists, and it was a historical novel-style twist. So for television audiences, it was something new, it messed with the pacing and foreshadowing and heroic arcs they were used to.

It's sort of the same reason that the first two seasons of Breaking Bad worked so well. They intended to end the first season with Walt defeating Tuco, bringing the show to a natural closing point for television. Instead, they ended it on something that was neither a cliffhanger nor a resolution, and it was for the better.

>Implying the twist wasn't that they were siblings, as clearly illustrated by the fucking screenshot.
>Mr. Krabs blacktwitter shit.

Please die ASAP.

>Final destination: The Red Wedding made a great twist for television, because we are use to television-style twists, and it was a historical novel-style twist. So for television audiences, it was something new, it messed with the pacing and foreshadowing and heroic arcs they were used to.

that's a really good point.

Not him but you're the idiot if you think the majority of people who watched that ep read the book first.

wasnt this when bsg went to shit

except it has been known what was going to happen for like 15 years

The Red Wedding is not a twist at all. That's not what a twist is.

You can think of it as a twist in a meta way, I suppose. In the way audience expectation works for narratives like this. It's more about our expectations about stories in general.

The Red Wedding is heavily foreshadowed and it's basically screaming at you that something terrible is going to happen. We the audience know this but we expect that our heroes will find out and foil the plot, save the day etc. The "twist" is that this doesn't happen, and the whole thing goes ahead anyway.