Help me out scumbags

help me out scumbags

my friend ordered some goodies off the Darknet and everything was going smoothly until the package was supposed to be delivered, the tracking information on the website says that it is at the post office available for pickup, but it was supposed to be delivered to his address. usually when they try to deliver a package to his apartment and he's not there they leave a notice but this time they didn't, the only reason he knows that its delayed is because the tracking info says its available for pickup instead of out for delivery.

so he needs your advice:
is it possible that they just decided not to deliver it for some reason and its safe to go pick it up

or

did they probably open the box, find what was in it, and are now trying to bait him into coming to the post office

thanks for the advice in advance, Sup Forumsros, i know i can always count on you guys

It might be a set-up by the cops, to see who picks it up from the post office.

This way you can't deny the package wasn't for you.

It'll be fine. If they had anything on him, do you think they would waste any time arresting him?

In the US, USPS needs a warrant to open your mail. That said, receiving drugs through USPS (a federal service) is an automatic felony.

Your friend could always send someone who isn't them to pick up the package, so long as they have the paper.

thats what i was telling him
maybe without him presenting himself there to actually pick up the package they won't have enough evidence to get him on what they want
they didn't leave a piece of paper, no notice in the mailbox at all. he wouldn't have even known it was held up if he didn't have the tracking info online

I say cut your losses and screw that package. Better safe, than in some shitty county jail with niggers and spicks.

thats what i was thinking, but it was a pretty expensive package so i was looking for opinions to sway me one way. what happens to packages that are not claimed? if he never goes to get it and it happens that the package was not opened and something was just slowing down the delivery will they send the package back to return address or trash it or what??

I think they send it back to the return address.

It might be a fuck up on the part of the mailman for not leaving a notice or a set up. Your call.

since theres no piece of paper i feel like they're trying to get him specifically to come in and admit that he had knowledge of the package being in transit

It was probably sent recipient signature required to prove to the sender he got it. If that is the case the post office will hold it so he can sign for it if he was not available. it is standard procedure and nothing about him being baited. the Post office will not accept anything questionable in the first place. So if there was an issue with it they would have returned it, not hold it.

Why not send another package of something innocent, and have him go to pick that up?

he says he's pretty sure that no signature was required, and usually they leave a little usps notice giving him the option to have it redelivered at a time that he's available and he can pick it up when he wants but they didn't even leave a notice and the tracking information doesn't say that they even attempted to deliver, which it usually does

If it was scheduled for pick up and never gets picked up. it will be returned to the sender after 30 days.

If it were me, aside from not sending drugs through a federal service, I would just attempt to pick up the package. If your friend is arrested, follow your state laws regarding identification (giving your name, etc), and have him say that he wishes to remain silent and requests a lawyer. Nothing else. Don't start a sob story of "I didn't know what was in this package, it wasn't mine." If he shuts the fuck up and has a clean criminal history, there's a chance he'll get a plea deal to testify against the sender in exchange for a slap on the wrist.

Or you can play it safe and not pick up the package at all. I have no idea what the value of its contents are.

thats what he's in the process of doing, but if its a trap he doesn't want to go in there at all

Yeah, that would weird me out too... still he can claim innocence.

tbh, you're already in trouble.

1) you go pick it up, get snicked
2) you dont, and in a week or so, they snick you at home or work

darkweeb is dead, and you guys might as well be too

My mailman often forgets to leave infonotices. They are very busy and under staffed so leaving a notice is the last thing on his mind. The post office does not report on contents unless the package broke open and the contents where discovered. If that was the case it would be the sender in hot water, not the recipient.

i advised him to do this initially but i don't know enough about the legal system to know the consequences and he doesn't want to risk it i don't think, the contents are expensive, but worth nothing close to what the penalty would be
true but if he doesn't pick it up and doesn't even acknowledge the packages existence what would he be in trouble for?
i wouldn't be surprised if the delivery person was just in a hurry but it was supposed to be delivered a couple days ago and still nothing has been done or said to him about it

ALSO, what would happen if he went in at a random time to claim the package? would they have cops waiting for him or something? what if he just grabbed it and dipped straight out after?

If he did not leave a notice then that is it. That would have been the only notice you get. The post office does not send reminders and assumes your carrier left a notice.

wouldn't they attempt to redeliver it though? after he doesn't claim it for a few days? if he hadn't had the tracking information he would have no idea that the package was stuck at the post office so how can they just not let him know?

nope, it is not their problem. They hold was placed and once placed only the receipt can request a re-delivery but since *YOU* did not get a notice there is no way to request that. They want to make money, not spend extra reprocessing a package that is now scheduled for pick up.

so are you saying you think its safe to go pick it up? do you know how they would usually set up a sting like this? would they leave a letter in the mail saying the package was confiscated?

anyone else with last minute advice before i tell him to suck it up and go grab it?