Be me, Unemployed

>Be me, Unemployed
>Get job at McDonald's in England in a busy little shithole town
>Work all day almost every day, as many hours as possible
>Get bare savings
>Build up my own McDonald's comedy routine and amuse Customers and Colleagues
>Fat bastard manager woman always polite to me and begs me to do shitty jobs
>Fast foward a year, turn 18. Can legally work in England overnight (We have restrictions on that shit)
>Approach end of 4-11 shift, ask to leave
>"user. Pepe has done a no-show today. Can you possibly stay and help me out? Pretty pleeaaaaase?"
>"I can stay till 1am"
>"Not good enough user. If you stay, we need you till at least 6am"
>Fuck that, but say yes anyway cos I'm a mug and need the money to buy my shitty car... but that's another story.
>Stay all night long. Work through till about 8:30am. Started just before 4pm the day before. 16-17 hours and rekt.
>Cycle home up to the top of a massive fucking hill and die in my bed, returning to work again at 4pm.
>Same shit happens nearly every day. End up working 16-17 hours every day throughout the summer.
>Completely give up my social and personal life to serve scrubbards.
>Fast forward another year and hand in my notice, written in a banterous style about my positive and negative points working there and leave to go and work as a ramp agent at an airport (The guy who waves glowsticks around in front of a plane to park it up)
>Return to mackies. My discount card is still valid til march. Bitch who I always helped cover shifts for confiscates it 'You left user. You don't care about us, we don't care about you"
>OH NO YOU DIDN'T, SISTERRRRRR
>Report her to head office for being a mega bitch. Also knew about CCTV footage of her stealing money from till and putting it in her handbag.
Discount card only had 2 months or so left on it, but it's the principal. Take my stuff and make me feel like a common shitbag after I go out of my way to help you, and I'll fuck your life.

If have lots of McStories if interested.

>Be working at Mackie Dee's
>Woman comes to speaker/order point
>By this point I'm reaching the 13th hour of my shift
>Cunt woman comes to the window
>Complains about my monotone voice, as I tire of asking the same fucking questions "Hi can I take your order?", "would you like me to make that a meal?" "What drink?" "Any sauces?" "Please drive to the first window"
>"Can I have a side of Customer Service?"
>"Come get your side of Customer Service at the Window"
>"WHAAAT?"
>Woman complains to manager. No proof. I'm good friends with the manager on shift. We tell woman to fuck off and stop trying to get free food

More user, I have a friend who works at McDonalds I'd like to know more about how shit his life must be.

Alright fam.

>Guy walks in wearing hi-viz jacket
>Rolls up welcome/front door mat
>It's about 3 or 4 metres long by 2 metres width
>Lovely older polish cleaner woman we call "Aunty Rosita" comes up to me "user. Where did the door mat go?"
>Proceed to office. Boot up the CCTV on the computer
>Watch the proceedings, which had happened un-noticed about an hour before
>Me, The Manager, Rosita all crying with laughter. It was so strange.
>Never saw doormat again.

Needless to say, Mat Man was a nigger

>Guy walks in
>Steals halloween decorations
>See him put one under his jacket and walk to the exit, as I come onto the dining area from staff quarters
>Follow him
>He knows I know that he knows that I know.
>He throws them under his car
>Manager runs after me in pursuit
>"Where did you get those halloween decorations, Sir?"
>"I don't know how they got there."
Fucking Idiot. How low in life are you to steal halloween decor from Mackies?

Currently working at maccies. What was you favourte role OP and what did you usually do?

To be fair, It was very fun employment most of the time. High stress, alright working conditions, but customers are rude constantly and often just because they can be.
Would recommend working there at least once in your life. It teaches you a lot of things you wouldn't learn elsewhere, such as how awful and disgusting 'civilised' people can be.

>"You couldn't have made my food that quickly! Make it again"
Some time later (8 mins cos apple pies are cancer) "WHAT TOOK YOU SO FUCKING LONG, ASSHOLE?"

I was Hospitality Assistant. £1 extra pay, but usually put on DT window 1 or lobby. There were CCTV deadzones on our store's lobby (I'm from UK) and I could get away with leaning on a high table for literally hours, and conversing with an poor elderly man I befriended. He was called John and came in for a coffee daily and wrote childrens books about cats. Wasn't a successful author, and his family all did writing roles on TV programs... but one christmas he came in and couldn't afford anything. It pulled at my heartstrings and I always gave him free meals after that day. He was my pet.

Got off topic there.
Lobby is best role. You meet good people and whilst it's difficult in a big store, you get a better uniform too.

OP again.
I also befriended a manager (Same one from the Customer Service at next window story) who could send me to other stores.

So I gathered a clique who would go and help out in other understaffed stores in the local area, £100 for a 4 hour shift once. She could charge the pay to other stores and we never got found out. Loved that woman. Miss working with some of these people - I met some of the best people at Mackies.

>Can I have a milkshake?
>Which one?
>A big one
I dealt with these spastics every day. WHAT DAMN FLAVOUR, FUCKER?

Im from the UK too. Im in the back though. I way prefer it back in the Kitchen cooking. Less stress decent banter no customers to deal with. As your said ealier apple pies are cancer and can take up to 15 minutes if you follow the health and safety. Im currently earning £4.75/hr

>Can you change this £20 note/bill into £1 coins?
>"No sir. We're not a bank"

Also once had to remove a pedo from the store. He was asking kids where they lived and offering them money. Pissed out of his face. Was told by manager not to call the police, so not to cause a scene. -_-

£4.75?
How old are you? Company owned or Franchise?
And which store if you don't mind me asking?

>"I want a cheeseburger with no bun. In exchange for the bun, I want another piece of meat"
>"Can't do that, sir"
>Holds up drivethru for 30 minutes.
You can't have two of the meat patties. That's what makes a burger cost so much. It's the most expensive part of the burger, whether you're wheat intolerant or not.
If a piece of bread can take you down, you might as well just die.

Its the Min age of my age bracket. Also franchise if im correct some fancy millionare cuck owns the store. Also down West Midlands way. Also i need to correct myself. Its £5.10 now

Worked out you can go on break for 50 minutes instead of 45 minutes and the system won't say "Late break end" till 51 minutes.
Pro tip to UK mackies workers.

>Working overnight
>Party/student night in town, every thursday.
>Lobby is SWAMPED with people.
>Gypsy comes in and kicks the shit out of another gypsy.
>Police turn up and beat the shit out of the first guy with a batton
>Two 40 year old guys in the background are trying to convince a younger woman to become a prostitute.
Some fun, Some food. It's all inside this Happy Meal.

Fair enough. I worked in most of the stores in Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire under my 'special payment arrangement'. Some in London too.

jesus does every european work at mcdonalds or something

You ever get much experience in the Kitchen. I got told they usually love to throw girls on the till

I once got put on fries at peak hours (which I'd never been trained on) and drained the fryers by accident. They put me back on burgers, rekt

Nah. I worked at an Airport for a long while... but Mackies is a quality employer in many respects. I truly believe they instill a good work ethic into MOST of their staff. I think everyone should do McDonald's national service. It might kick the self-entitlement out of a lot of scum.

Girls often go on till because apparently customers naturally find them more approachable and friendly
Can't say the logic is flawed to be honest. I was a miserable bastard and became widely known in my town for being a grumpy fucker. Although I'm male I got a lot of experience on Lobby and Tills. Towards the end of my time there I was put on all stations and was working towards being crew trainer until I got fucked over by another manager prompting me to leave. Kinda regret it tbh.

Filtering/draining is the most satisfying job anyone can ever be given.
When you do it properly and the oil is fucking clean as shit...oh god that feeling in your heart. Beautiful. Could bring tears to my eye.

Fries is alright depending on how you feel on the day.
Want easy work? Fries are good. Busy shift? FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCK. Especially when front counter forget to call for fries.

Have you seen the new equipment/uniforms?

And from my experience 'fry training' doesn't exist. Training altogether in Mackies is lacking. The only 'training' I got was the BM pointing at a chart saying "This is sales. Stick to it"

To me it was just a fuckton of numbers I didn't understand.

Yes. Was unfortunate enough to go and work in a new 'made for you' style store. The burgers are assembled freshly, but the meat is actually cooked sometimes hours beforehand and kept in a heated drawer.
It's a typical shappy nazi trick. The customers think the product is better, when actually it's more likely to be dry meat and shitty innards. Uniforms were okay but lobby uniform got worse. Most equipment stayed the same though tbh. Fryers got updated a little.

Draining during peak time and seeing the shift supervisor get mad was one of the best moments during my time there.

Yeah training was mainly just 'here's how you do this' from some acne-swamped 23y/o who then fucked off to cry about how shit his job is

I did it daily at peak times. My argument was "I'm making sure the oil is hot so the product is good"
Also I started doing things onpurpose to irritate managment and always made my customer's meals large, even when they ordered medium.

Our store was one of the only ones in England to have a wooden floor, so I'd literally flood it 1cm deep in water, and scrub it during gap time. Managers went mad, but I did it almost every day.

After I left the floor started to warp and rot. A lobby friend of mine messaged me one day saying "user. I accidentally knocked into a table earlier and water spewed out of the floor"
I kekked. Potentially damaged the structure of mackies. It's now up for a refurb despite being relatively new.

I prefer these gray ones. Plus i actually got decently trained and the people were all good. So they still have the UHCs in the new made for you stores? I aint worked in one if them yet

We had a window cleaner that needed to be babysat.
We had to follow him around the store cos he tried cleaning the first window in the lobby, and then walked around pretending to clean windows. He'd then do the last one and try to fool the managers. He'd get paid my daily wage for 5 minutes of 'work'

I told managers cos I got the blame for dirty lobby windows in the evenings and we eventually had to stay with him for a gruelling amount of time to make him do the inside and out of every damn one, every morning.

In that cramped, hot, stressful environment the only pleasure I could gain was doing subtle things to piss them off, which wasn't hard.
I was so happy when I left, I think I only worked there for 6 months while I was at college and I doubt I'll ever go back.

Yeah. They have more UHCs. They keep chicken and all that in UHCs still, but now also keep cooked beef in them. And the buttons for "Serving it" are on the bit where the food comes out of production.

Bigger and busier stores are much better. I've had some 'good jobs' but probably had most of my kicks at mick's.

I love working Batch on chicken. Its my favourite role. Does that change much with these new stores im guessing not if they still have UHCs?

Just left after working there through high school as crew then shift manager, those double overnights are fucking brutal

One upside is the free medium meal on your break, but after a while you just feel dirty because you know how shit the food is.

Nah. Chicken hardly gets altered. I think it stays exactly the same, just with newer fryers that don't let you cancel timers and have a more confusing interface. Can't remember what it was, but something fucked me off about them.

Tell me about it. Did it for a whole summer. Never really recovered from the awful sleeping schedule it put me in.

Making your own food for customers you know, and taking literally a small african village's worth of food on break.
Company stores never seemed to give a shit how much you took.

I was just getting to know that machine as well. I feel like when it comes to summer i will die of heat though. Im just gonna take my new training as it comes i guess if not much has changed

The coinage I watched circle around that huge funnel of a donation bucket never went to charities did it?

Having been pally with managers in various locations, it really depends on who's in charge of it.
I worked in a franchise store and I saw it go in the safe with the rest of the takings. I went off on one at the manager, who also took an £11 tip off me to balance the safe. (I tried to decline it from the customer - I'm a decent human and know I didn't deserve it , but he was so insistent)

Hey op. Got one for ya. My old best friend used to work in a McDonald's in East Midlands. Working there for a good few years. Family member is manager. Anyway. One day he decides he is fed up with all of the shit he has to put up with. So he walks into the store room and puts one of them full pack trays of gross bacon under his top and leaves. We spend all night getting stoned and eating bacon.

I've seen people smuggle fire extinguishers out the drive-thru window.
When I got bored with dive (Or if too much got piled up and i got too stressed) I'd go in the chiller and munch on a chocolate flake for the bants.
Constantly took a desert home with me that I'd rob from the chiller or wherever.

I'm against theft, but after they started fucking with charity money, my wages, a tip I was given for my work etc - and an incident when I was dragged by my arm through kitchen by a manager - I just started taking what I wanted.

Needless to say Friends got free meals and I often took coffee vouchers all day long (Usually totalling in the hundreds) and I'd give them all to my last customer instead of binning them.

I considered it a good deed. A coffee lottery if you will. Customers loved me.

He says that's why he did the same kinda thing. Just taking coffees and free meals ect. Cause they fucked with his and a few other staff members pay and took all tips as company money.
I guess all maccies in the uk are shady.

But I agree down right theft is wrong. Like a staff member stealing out the till just makes them look like a trampy cunt.

How is there laws against working at night if your not 18+ but you can work that much in a day, where i live you cant work more than 12 hrs i think

Quality company, and 80% of employees become close friends, in my case at least... but it seemed that way in most stores.
Would work for them again, but probably not for a while. I've done my duty for them for now I feel.

I totally agree. One person can taint the bunch and make the whole operation look like scum.

A pakistani manager once stole 30k from our safe on the overnight, morning before it was due to be banked. He used two keys - one of his, and one he stole from another manager.
He ran away to pakistan and updated his FB profile picture looking like a king dressed in gold robes.

It's unsociable hours. There's a reason they pay that much. Under 18 you need to be in education in the day - you can't possibly work at night too and have a healthy state of mind.

It's not about how long you work, it's about the time of day. It's there to protect young workers from being taken advantage of and mugged off too.

bump 4 trump
king of mcdonalds land

It sounds like a decent company. Maybe my old bestpal had a bad shop. The company I work for recently fired someone for stealing hundreds of pounds and also stealing a customers credit card. We deal with vulnerable customers and believe you me the guy he stole from was very vulnerable. Some people are just sick.

Stay real and honest then you can't get fucked over by anyone above or under you in your work place.