/who/ - Dr Who General

The Kings Demons edition. Kamelions first appearance, and his only for a little while. What are /who/s thoughts on Kamelion, and the serial as a whole?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/754276037215809536
youtube.com/watch?v=QvxpF_3Lf-c
demos.algorithmia.com/colorize-photos/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As much as Ainley's Master was kind of shit, there is one way in which he feels like an equal to the Doctor that Delgado's master didn't: he has offscreen adventures that are as harrowing as the Doctor's, but the Doctor and the audience don't get to see. The story of how the Master met Kamelion, formed an alliance with him and escaped Xeriphas sounds like one that could easily be worthy of being broadcast in its own right. Perhaps more worthy than The King's Demons.

PS that "we sing in praise of total war" song is my jam.

PPS I legitimately miss cats.

definitely more worthy than TKD

Last fred

Lookin good

Forgot that's a thing to be done, thanks for that

>that feel when Ainley wouldn't do audios even when he was alive
>no Master spin-off series where he fucks about and has diabolic yet goofy adventures

Really wish Ainley did more interviews and the like. He seemed like an interesting guy.

So are there any good Big Finish cover templates around?

Put some organic sex chocolate on the counter.

Oh that's looking pretty dapper. Love War outside.

Danny noticed that the steamy, damp, dimly lit room smelled like sweaty bodies as he took in a deep breath and opened his eyes. He was surrounded by stacks upon stacks of Rigsy's damp towels. The strong aroma made him smile as he slowly shuffled near one of the stacks.

He could feel the warmth against his naked body as he began to chant quietly "I'm hot 'n ready... hot 'n ready... hot 'n ready..." He picked up a large face washer from the succulent John Lewis® towel and pressed it face-down against his hairy chest -- smearing it around and leaving Rigsy's sweat dripping down his own sweaty body. He continued grabbing more towels and rubbing them against his chest -- chanting "So hot 'n ready!" louder and louder. Eventually the sweat pooled up and ran down his chest, coating his mane of pubic hair.

This pleased Danny very much as he began stroking his engorged member. As the smell of body odour hit his nostrils and the sweat poured off of his gleaming body he was brought closer and closer to the point of orgasm.

All of a sudden Danny snapped out of it and realized that he was not in the mecca of towels -- he was instead lying in the middle of the road after being hit by a car. At that moment he remembered what he was supposed to be doing and did what he did best. "I WAS A SOLDIER" he yelled... still trying to hide his raging erection.

>no Ten
I approve

I've recently picked up a DVD of a Q&A session with Ainley. I'll try to upload it somewhere when I get access to a computer with a working disc drive.

Just finished listening to the Tenth Doctor Adventures. Already posted my Technophobia review a while ago so here's the others.

Time Reaver was good, presented some interesting ideas like a kind of black marketesque planet, plus the gun was an interesting idea, as well as the reasons that race made it. Was kinda hoping the cool mechanic guy would be Drax, but oh well.

Overall, 9/10, my favourite of the 3

I was never too fond of Ten on TV. Have Big Finish managed to redeem him in the way they did Six?

Undress me user.

why u faceswap michael jackson?

Well I wouldn't say he's my favourite doctor but I didn't mind some of his TV episodes. I feel that all 3 of his stories would be above average in terms of his TV eps so you should definitely check them out

bakerquints

>janitor doesn't respect doctor who fanfiction

And now for Death and the Queen

I can see why /who/ likes it as it wasn't bad, but I'd say it's probably my least favourite of the 3. Death had a cool voice and the race that uses perception filters to hide people for a price is an interesting idea, but overall something about the pacing felt wrong, especially at the start. It wasn't too bad though, better than some of his TV episodes

>all that wine.

Ah, an alcoholic.
Great job, Jenna. Great PHUCKING JOB.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/754276037215809536

>tfw

Proof that Gareth comes here.

How is this proof?

No, tfw spread outside of Sup Forums ages ago.

Hi Gareth

He is right.

Hello again, Gareth!

Someone enlighten me on what this man has to do with /who/ and why it means Gareth visits us

Was the Stolen Earth regeneration a missed opportunity?

user was remarking on Gareth's use of >tfw, not the man in the photo. Pay attention.

No

yes

maybe

Yes, the missed opportunity for a surprise regeneration and the chance to get rid of Tennant earlier.

>missing the based waters of Mars
>replaced with shitty 11th doctor waters of mars

No thanks friendo

I'd dropped the show by that point.

Waters of Mars wouldn't have been written m8

Exactly. There wouldn't have been that excellent episode, so the regeneration wasn't a missed opportunity

Clyffil.

You don't like the Waters of Mars? One of my favourites personally, what don't you like about it?

I'm not saying I don't like it. I've not seen it. I'm simply saying that I disagree that the fake regeneration was not a wasted opportunity.

Gary Russell once said that during his tenure as Doctor Who Magazine editor Ainley demanded unreasonably huge fees if they wanted to print photos of him because years earlier Russell criticized his hammy acting in Mark of the Rani, and because of that Ainley still had a grudge on him.
A real shame he died so young, he sounds eccentric as fuck

The 'surprise regeneration' is always going to be a cheap idea, shock value at the expense of storry possibilities, and I legitimately hope they never attempt it.

Again, clyffil.

Oh ok, fair enough, you should give it a watch some time

Reminder /who/ a shit.

I think 10 is the worst part. I get that he is becoming Time Lad Victorian but he doesn't even act like himself.

I think it could have done well if they had a whole season of him becoming the Time Lad Victorian, with Waters of Mars as episode 11 and the end of time as 12 and 13. Or an exciting new actually good finale

We have looked into /who/'s heart and saw that it was truly rotten. We must destroy it this minute.

Main Range user here, finished listening to Fires of Vulcan, another historical.

Really enjoyed this story, provided some commentary on time travel possibilities although it wasn't anything too revolutionary. Their strategy for getting out I predicted at the start, but likewise I did enjoy the story overall, and it had some nice cliffhangers. What are /who/s thoughts?

Next up is The Shadow of the Scourge. Pretty hype for this, with 7, Benny and VNAce. Will it live up to expectations?

Why do you keep talking about having looked into /who/'s heart? Are you referring to something in particular or it just some vaguely Doctor Who-ish phrase you're using?

No. It was something that shouldn't have been in the story at all.
The whole fakeout regeneration/human Ten plotline was by far the worst part of Stolen Earth/Journey's End.

It helped solidify 10 as the cancer of the who universe.

Hi cats

Hello cats

Hi :3

Just in case anyone was in any doubt.

I am referring to everything you have done in the past few months. You have gone too far and you must pay.

>replying to yourself

>legitimate conversation has been ignored because some idiot didn't ignore the shit posters

Good to see /who/ hasn't changed

So I'm a time travel autist that can't get into doctor who.

They change their time travel rules every other episode I swear. The classic series was better at keeping rules apart from a few big exceptions, but the new series just hurts me. Why isn't it consistent? Am I really just that spergy to want them to stick with some base laws?

I am taking down /who/ and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

NuWho is shite

I SUMMON BIG DADDY DEREK

>Am I really just that spergy to want them to stick with some base laws?
You aren't, but they won't do it anyway. You might be better off leaving the show if you can't stand it.
Even the classic series was inconsistent, for the first two seasons the Doctor kept saying that it was impossible to change established history, then suddenly in The Time Meddler it could be done.

This is your downfall. Death is what this general deserves.

>Has a red Dalek ever appeared in the TV show aside from The Stolen Earth/Journey's End?
a bit late, but no, not in the classic series. However, there was a Red Dalek in the two Cushing movies, I think it was the Second-in-Command in those. Terry Nation also had a red dalek prop in his private collection which he used for promotions and such like
youtube.com/watch?v=QvxpF_3Lf-c
the old comics had Daleks in all kinds of colors, including quite a few red ones. John Peel had this idea that there was a hierarchy in Dalek-society based on color, I think red ones were somewhere in the upper middle. He incorporated that concept in all of his Dalek-stories, including his novelisations.

PARASITE

>You

This is not /who/ any more.

What did we do to deserve this? Why would they want to kill /who/?

Yeah, it turns out the one in Masterplan was just in the novel. It looked GOAT on the cover.

You're right, kiddo. /who/ died a long time ago and I'm putting it out of its misery.

I don't know, cats. Is it because you're mentally ill?

Here's your (crisp), now fuck offerino

Ooooh back over the net, that's it mongo! Fight each other!

Stealing memes, now. Pretending 'mongo' is killing /who/ and not you.
If anyone else posted those gervais pics you'd report them and get them banned, wouldn't you, Cats.
Whereas your shitposting goes unchallenged, almost as if you know you can't get banned. I wonder why...

I dunno, i kind of like the variety. For example, the Reapers in Father's Day were really cool and worked really well with the story but I wouldn't want them to show up every time there's a paradox-story. Know what I mean?

Oooh he thinks I'm cats now, good ;)

At the end of the day, time travel bullshit is just a set of justifications to do different kinds of stories. Going "if you change the past then pterodactyls will appear and eat you" might be fun for one story, but it can't seriously hold up beyond that, and it cuts off too much potential, which is why they later threw that idea out so they could do time-screwing stories.
The overarching excuse for it all is the fluctuating nature of the universe.

>Ooooh

He knows he's untouchable. /who/ RIP

What did do time travel right?

Primer is the only thing I can think of that was properly consistent with causality, and that was pretty much a headache

Oh no no no, I won't allow this general to rest in peace, trust me ;)

>headache
Did it make you reeeeeeeee?

I find Tumblr's faction discussion to be horribly lacking. All of the blogs that used to discuss faction paradox either don't anymore, or are totally defunct. What corners of tumblr are you speaking about that I'm not aware of?

Has anyone tried colorizing some of the 1st and 2nd doctor photos with the new colorize program?
demos.algorithmia.com/colorize-photos/

I've tried a few but they all came out shit.

What do you think of mine?

Literally shades of brown. Run that thing through color normalization a few times.

Basically this They look a little better than the ones I did though.

>color normalization
wait how do I do this?

Pretty cool senpai