Okay, so Trumpsons speaker announced that Mexico will pay for the wall via a 20% import tax...

Okay, so Trumpsons speaker announced that Mexico will pay for the wall via a 20% import tax. So isn't this going to make americans pay in the end?? I mean it's not like mexican exporters pay the extra 20%, but the prices will rise and, unless Mexicans go to the US to buy their own overpriced stuff, american consumers will have to buy overpriced stuff and pay for the wall. If trump dictates the prices imports from mexico will just drop to zero and the wall would have to be financed from the US budget. Either way, americans pay, not mexicans.
>not sure if Trumpson is dat stupid or he's a genius and this is the best fraud ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

traineddog.club
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_mining
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The import tax won't raise the cost of goods in the US. After Trump cuts taxes on corporations and the rich, they'll use the extra cash to cover the import tax out of the kindness of their hearts, because trickle down economics totally works.

I've said this before. Trump already said that taxpayers would foot the bill immediately, and Mexico would "reimburse us somehow." Anyone who thinks they're ever going to get repaid for this wall is a moron. You're going to pay for it and never see a dime of it back.

Consumers don't like buying expensive shit. The tariff provides a concrete incentive for companies to move their manufacturing back into the US- or at the very least, out of Mexico.
Companies that refuse to do so will see their sales tank.

Thank god cutting taxes for corps and the 1% generates more tax income. Totally forgot about that logic...

that thing won't be done anyways, maybe just a few hundred kilometers at max

I think the best part about the wall is that no one gets a say in it because this guy only knows how to use executive orders.
Also these

Historically when taxes are reduced on corporations the savings are not passed to the consumers or the employees. Take not that many corporations already show huge profits each year and most of those companies pay little to no tax already.

I'd actually be pretty okay with that, even if it were true.
Ten billion dollars to deter brown people from entering my country? That's a steal.

>kilometers
fuck you leaf

>implying the higher wages in the us won't annihilate the difference.
I really don't think this import tax will make corporations come back to the us. They'll just turn towards asia, the next uprising market. And europe will do the same if trump tries to fuck em over with taxes. Germany even thinks about taking the US' place in TPP.

It won't deter anyone. It would be trivial to dig under it or climb over it. It's not like the entire wall is going to be guarded 24/7.

You do realize less than 60% of illegals are mexican right?

yeah the prices of goods in the US might go up

companies that make goods in Mexico that are sold into the US also lose the incentive to employ down there and will likely expand operations on the US side

Which means you'll end up paying for the wall, not mexico, making Trump a liar on arguably his biggest campaign promise.

people always forget produce, and all the amount we need mexico for that

Almost as good as free health care!

Like less than 60% is a smal number kek

> Over half of illegals simply enter the country on a valid tourist/work visa and overstay

Wall will do literally nothing

Inb4 small

Spending at least 3 billion dollars a year to protect a border that not even 40% come through illegally to begin with

thats true, produce going up a little would be unavoidable

Mexico is still going to pay in terms of companies investing more in the US instead in Mexico. in a round a about way, Mexico will pay for the wall, one way or another.

You keep changing the numbers on your arguments...

Of course Goymany would do that.
But you're shifting the goalposts a little. Even if the work doesn't come back into the country it's still hitting Mexico's economy.

>pedro comes to place that requires ID
>where's your id
>u-uh
Leftists are very, very concerned about needless government spending now that they're out of power.

I dont think global companies will bother moving to the states just to defeat american import taxes. Moving would be costly, employing americans more costly

Implying the US do not desperately need illegal mexican immigrants to do work they're too pussied for.

More costly than paying for the wall?

>Leftists are very, very concerned about needless government spending now that they're out of power.
whats new

My wife's son and I are literally shaking right now.

for a 20% import tax on goods? yes they will. also they wouldn't be moving back to the states as a lot of them have a footprint here, they'd just invest more on the US side where its cost effective to do so

It may hit mexican economy, but that doesn't change the fact that Americans pay. Gz you're both screwed.
I'm confident that Russia and China will replace the US pretty soon.

Do you honestly think that he's going to tax the corporations goods more since he's been already negotiating with ceos of companies with factories in mexico?

If you believe that then the Boner Tax will be avoided.

>because trickle down economics totally works.

How do Americans pay?
If companies stay in Mexico, no one buys their overpriced shit and they tank.
If they move to America, Trump's mission is accomplished and the wall gets built with money from remittances.
If they move elsewhere, Mexico's economy gets fucked and prices barely raise as compared to a 20% tariff.

I'm not a leftist, I'm just not retarded.

>pedro comes to place that requires ID
>where's your id
>u-uh

Well I imagine they'll get by the same way they've been doing for decades in that situation you fucking idiot, it's not like Trump invented ID's.

Just admit it, he lied and you bought it hook, line and sinker. You're paying for the wall and it's not gonna change a thing, which every expert and everyone with half a brain said from the beginning.

Low taxes are not the only thing that make corporations choose their location. It's also about wages, political stability and legal certainty. The last two are not really sustained by trump.

it would be irresponsible not to negotiate with them. a lot are US based companies or companies with a sizable footprint in the US

He was being sarcastic.

we don't

you see this will force employers to hire who they can( making jobs more valuable)

or

This will allow for fields like robotics to really grow

no one wants to pick pick food in the hot sun
build a robot
Don't want to work in a factory
build a robot

See robotics is the feature of the world
Hopefully in the future all the work done by laborers will be automated This will also allow for more people to go to higher education and get better high paying jobs

Careful what you post, trumps presidency is hammering the internet traineddog.club

I'm so sad about our tiny cock having president. He just acts like a dude with a little dick.

not my question, would he still be trying to tax the shit he already talked to the ceo's about though? say like carrier, ford, gm, and all the other companies he said he saved us jobs at

You mean being handled without documentation?
Sure, we can do that, if it's life or death, and then send him back. It isn't that difficult.

Sanctuary cities are a new phenomenon, my Redditor friend.

>checking Pedro's ID requires a border wall to be built

Ok.

>Germany even thinks about taking the US' place in TPP.
China.. not Germany.
Germany and the whole EU were supposed to enter a different trade organization - TTIP - with the USofA, which will now - thank Trump - not come into existence.
Fun fact: many people in europe were against TTIP because it would have favoured US companies, which could have sold their less quality stuff in europe without having to respect some laws restricting low quality standards

the legal certainty is being pushed forward. trump mentioned during the meeting with ceos the need to cut regulations to make it easier to do business in the US

>Border wall keeps out people crossing the border illegally
>Checking Pedro's ID enables us to catch the ones already here or ones on overstayed visas
Whoa.

you would know

Now I know how Montreal feels with their retarded olympic stadium

And who's going to mine the coal trump wants to burn? Robots? I bet all this technology will be so much cheaper than some illegal spics.

Spics don't mine coal, though.

Not to speak of the fact that corporations plan their investments and strategies usually years in advance. No sane person will just flip on a million or billion dollar investment just because Trump is threatening them with higher taxes.

No I was right. The EU (and Germany) are actualky thinking about opening to asian markets, as they will have a rising need for highly developed, high quality western goods. And since the US do not want to deliver...

I think that he/she means spending that much money while there is still at least 40% of the illegal immigration that there is now. That is, assuming that all illegal immigration from Mexico is actually reduced to 0.

as far as i know there have been no solid proposals put forward yet so its pure speculation and what ifs beyond that clear, he wants to change the US relationship with Mexico when it comes to trade

i know the carrier deal vp pence helped with in his state (tax break)

>And who's going to mine the coal trump wants to burn? Robots? I bet all this technology will be so much cheaper than some illegal spics.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_mining
>eat shit

also you don't have to pay robots so yes it wii be cheaper, and once it standard it will be cheap to own a robot

Only thing I am concerned about is that we get half our produce fro mexico. We need to just rip this bandaid off probably and grow our own food again. I don't like eating food that filthy mexicans grew. If he doesn't this when he cuts taxes, I will still come out ahead and it's a win win for me. Keep more of my money and fuck mexico

Talk about legal certainity with CEOs of enterprises who deal with alternative energy stuff... they're screwed all of a sudden. This can happen to anyone with an unpredictable president.

>high quality goods
>asians markets
>us do not want to deliver
kek. The eu wants cheap good not high quality good, otherwise they would manufacture it themselves.

remember there are lots of south american countries like argentina that are full of natural resources they would be better partners in the long run.

Have an uncle that's been in the US since the 60s without any form of ID. It's not hard to rn an illegal in the states rent out a cheap room, use public transportation services, and get paid under the table. It's really not that hard, fyi walls won't keep anyone out if they're determined enough. Check out the border between Spain and Moroco double fences with razor on top yet Africans still jump over.

>be trump
>at moscow ritz carlton
>presidential suite
>melania is in manhattan
>you're bored of watching tv
>try to fap but can't get it up
>call room service for a case of champagne
>also have them send four pubescent prostitutes
>they make you lay on the bed fully clothed
>they're drinking champagne from the bottle
>ridiculing how badly your suit fits
>they climb onto the bed
>jumping like it's a trampoline
>dancing to shitty russian dubstep
>one of them steps on your crotch
>dick twitches
>they're each on their second bottle now
>you tell them obama slept in this very bed
>they talk about how much they hate him
>dick twitches again
>they want to defile the bed so it will be destroyed
>urine starts to flow
>they're pissing all over you
>it's soaking through your suit
>so warm
>a stream hits your face
>dick is titanium
>they notice your tiny bulge and mock it
>one of them has to shit
>squats over your lap and lets loose
>it's runny but there are big chunks
>smells fucking horrible
>you grab a chunk and taste it
>dick is diamonds
>beg them to let you fap
>they make you use the shit as lube
>furiously rubbing micropenis
>they take turns pissing in your face
>unintelligible moans emanate from your mouth
>OOOOAAAAHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHH
>they're laughing at you
>OOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAH
>HAOOOOOHAOOOOOOHAAAHGHHH
>they laugh even harder
>OOOOB-BAAHM-MMMAAAAAAH!!!!!
>cum buckets
>Putin got it on tape
>he faps to it every night
>blackmails you into being president

He's either going to renig on what he said to them, and tax the fuck out of them, or it would be bullshit cronyism if he exempts them from the tarrifs

yeah, I am eating blue berries from peru right now. I am pretty sure this 20% tarrif is just trying to make mexico bend the knee. If they want a trade war with the biggest superr power in the world thought they will surely lose.

I'm sure he meant asians need high quality western stuff, not the other way around. Asians are mutating from producers to consumers m8

The border wall doesn't do shit, though, because they'll either find a way around or just buy their way in like they always have. The wall will stop MAYBE 10% of people trying to cross the border illegally.

My old boss loves hiring illegals and he's friends with the cops so he'll definitely be able to keep em

i think screwed is a little bit of an overstatement. perhaps not subsidized but thats not to say theyre screwed.

administrations change all the time as people with different ideas on the best way forward come and go

Who's china in a trade war with???

All you fucking fat asses on here screaming "What about the price of produce!" Like your fat ass eats salad to begin with, you fucking pigs

>Asians are mutating from producers to consumers m8
>While the USA mutating from cosumers to producers
and thus will be their downfall

Prices go up, people won't buy. Mexicos economy suffers. They think twice.

I'm talking about mexico right now little aspie

If that's the case, then why do you want so bad for the wall to not be built?
If it's useless, and won't stop spics from getting in, then there's no reason for the left to not want it.

I've seen the future and it's bright with no spicks

god bless

If Americans have any wit in their tiny fucknut brains, they will boycott any goods with the increased tariff paying for the wall. Then it will fail.

I have zero faith this would ever happen though. There are a million different things that could be changed pretty much overnight if Americans spoke with their dollars spent. Stupid, needless shit from China is one.

Jobs would start flowing back to America if Americans boycotted stuff made in China for just a few days. Maybe few weeks, but still. Also have zero faith that will ever happen as well, so the only way assembly/factory jobs will ever see their way back to the American citizen is if legislature gets put into place.

Something like selling goods to Americans made by non-Americans will be the only way.

It's idiots thinking Mexico is taking all our jobs, not sending all our jobs overseas to be done cheaper that's really eliminating all the jobs.

Mexico is the perfect boogeyman/cover for corporations profiting off of this.

Fuck this country. Fuck the 1% for fucking the disappearing middle class. Fuck all of its dumb as fuck citizens. Fuck everyone.

HE HAS TO CREATE AN EXPORT TAX IF HE WANTS MEXICO TO PAY FOR IT

NOT AN IMPORT TAX

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THESE GUYS ARE RUNNING THE COUNTRY

In walmart prices go up, people get pissed. the economy suffers, people think twice about wasting money on that wall

Okay Cletus, we get you want to stop getting welfare and become a farmer.

well illegal ones anyway

Its not like we can deport american citizens

whatever you say pablo

no lmao stay in school. There is a reason why no one drives american cars in europe and japan. They tariff our cars but we don't tariff theirs. The age of america being every other countries little bitch is over. I for one only buy american cars because I refuse to support foreign car markets.

Ah lol. Didn't know china was in a trade war with mexico. Or did you mean russia when you talked about the biggest superpower in the world?

Only half of those less than 60% entered the country illegally, but instead overstayed their perfectly legal visa.

fucking racist twat it was a brown country to begin with. what do you personally contribute to "your country"

It's all ok. They will hire illegals to build the fucking thing anyway.

hey, as long as they pay taxes and follow the laws I don't have a problem

Pasty white boy here actually

They can only put their prices up so much before they're no longer competitive and people simply don't bother to buy from them.

logical fallacies will receive molymeme

Ah the wall or Trumps folly as it will be known to future generations. Three things shall I tell you about the wall.

1) The American tax payer will foot the bill.
2) It will be extremely expensive.
3) It will be largely symbolic unless its entire length will be.constantly covered by armed guards.

Finally I'm not sure Trump will be in office long enough to Finnish it, he really seems to be knowing it. I'm serious I think he has mental health issues. I'd guess meglomania with a side order of paranoia. He now believes anything he believes becomes an instant proven fact.

dont be ridiculous, companies always pay the tax on the products they sell

I think anyway, i have a nanny who does all my shopping

Trump administration already refused Argentine lemons, this won't stop just with Mexico.

who said anything about cars? an import tax will only increase the price of the goods onto THE AMERICAN CONSUMER

we will pay the tax, not mexico

an export tax means they pay for it and it all comes back

this guy just tried telling me to stay in school, thats rich

America was never a brown country. There were Indians that occupied the land that would later become America, but my ancestors killed them and established the country in which I now live.
America is a white country, and you and every other anti-white faggot can fuck off.

no. a 20% mark up, means a huge reduction in goods from Mexico. It'll hurt the Mexican economy deeply. So they'll just wish they through in a few billion.