Diet cig + pitchfork controversy

uh-oh. looks like p4k's been caught peddling a writer's personal bias as a legitimate review of music again.

Other urls found in this thread:

papermag.com/community/sandra_song/
youtube.com/watch?v=EpQD1739zsc
imgur.com/a/4BC6Z
youtube.com/watch?v=7q_EpeIo5mE
youtube.com/watch?v=k5rD1KGeK-0
reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/645kws/ethics_pitchfork_writer_likes_tweet_from_friend/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Diet Cig does suck. Worst band on FD, except for Never Young. Fuck that trash band.

"the most trusted voice in music."

That statement is absolutely correct

holy fucking shit

BUMP

I don't get it

Writer of the review is friends with the girl who's ex is in diet cig so the writer could've potentially given it a lower score to appease the friend.

>global indie sensation
Talk about getting a little big for the boots.
Now onto my cynical shitpost
WOOOOOOW SCANDAL ALERT

The writer of the Diet Cig review on Pitchfork liked a tweet by her friend saying her ex-bf (a member of Diet Cig) who cheated on her with her best friend in college has a new girl friend that looks like her. She is saying that 5.1 is karma. This is classic COI.

shit band

pitchfork sucks too

who gives a fuck, fuck off back to r/indieheads

p4k does this all the time. Minor review. Nobody really cares and fans of the band don't give a shit.

>human mochi 4ever
what was meant by this

example?

>indie rock literally who gives a fuck

This person has figuratively indicated that they're comparable to the human version of a mochi, a Japanese confection made of red beans and rice flour, and will remain in this state until the end of times. Arguably, this was done in order to appear more adorable and attain a general aesthetic of "cuteness", although the similarities in both the user and the dessert are open to discussion.

not p4k (she was) I fucked her she's salty as a can of ham.

papermag.com/community/sandra_song/

he literally liked a tweet referencing his review, it would only be not fucking nothing if he was friends with her before writing the review..

youtube.com/watch?v=EpQD1739zsc

lmao

who the fuck listens to this SHIT

>I fucked her
yuck

Not that bad to be desu

then you have fucking abysmal taste

feel free to stop discussing music anytime

>urban outfitters tv
>the answer was in the video

putting your dick inside something is not impressive or important. Ignore any post I make in this thread.

This is Quinn Moreland, writer of the review.

bagina is bagina

This is Leann Bescript, who tweeted this.

This is Noah Bowman, one half of Diet Cig. He dated Leann Bescript when they were both attending SUNY Purchase.

wow man signal boost this right to the top of /r/kotakuinaction

meet u there

UH-OH.

Well this band fucking sucks.With an anoying voice and a pretty boring instrumentation the score is better than what I expected

OH NO.

Quinn even liked the tweet Leann posted days prior to the review/score dropping. What the fuck?

Lol, I unironically want to post that there but I don't have an account.

i'd do it if someone made a comprehensive pic of all this, or maybe an imgur album

Pitchforkgate incoming?

shes a CUTE!

>p4k is shit
fucking shocker

>5.1
Shouldve been 2.0 tbqh

imgur.com/a/4BC6Z

oh man I like the sounds of that :(

youtube.com/watch?v=7q_EpeIo5mE

eh. not too bad, but the fact remains they were clearly fucked over at getting a fair review by someone at the pitchfork office with a grudge. no matter how mediocre the band, that's still objectively shitty.

follow up: rest of the album sounds generic and boring mostly. I was hoping for something interesting like Hop Along. Because Hop Along fucking rocks and I've never found anyone else quite like her.

alright. not sure if it meets these requirements though. what would you say?

Who fucking cares. Who the fuck is Diet Cig? A band that in 100 years no one, and I mean no one, will be aware of.

100 years is overkill, give it a week

Journo Ethics, Media Meta?

that was awful. maybe pitchfork got this one right.

Nice try, Leann

here's descriptions of them. I don't think it fits media meta

imagine having such beige taste in music that you like this

holy fuck p4k sucks??!!!

>overalls
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Lol, in 100 years no one will care about everything we talk about on here.

whatever. worse that can happen is I get banned or some shit

this title is awful, someone fix it

>it's about le ethics in journalism xd

[Ethics] Pitchfork writer scathingly reviews album of band whose drummer cheated on said writer's friend -- Proof in Imgur.

How's that?

it can most definitely fit journalism ethics, that's for sure. media meta could probably fit for this too, i'm sure.

does no one notice this is a shit band shilling itself?

much better. though what's the significance of having and the main pic which includes that part?

the main pic features the tweet that was written just as the review was dropped the day of. the later pic shows the previous tweet about the band written days prior. both of which quinn liked.

Look again. They're not the same.

yeah, I just saw that. any way to incorporate that into the title? seems pretty important

There's no doubt they're friends.

Yeah, it doesn't mention that it was before the album review came out. Hmm.

its about ethics in music journalism

[Ethics] Pitchfork writer scathingly reviews album by band whose drummer cheated on writer's friend. Likes tweets showing proof of friend's relationship drama and later tweet, praising scathing review of ex's band -- Proof of all in linked Imgur

How about that?

[Ethics] Pitchfork writer likes questionable tweet from friend before scathingly reviewing album of band whose drummer cheated on said friend, who proceeds to call the review karma -- Proof in Imgur.

Maybe this? It's a bit of a mouthful.

Too wordy, is much better

I think I'll go with this one.
the "proof in imgur" part feels a bit awkward, mind if I leave it out?
and the "questionable" part too. the original tweet is fairly innocuous

Their first EP is somewhat charming but I don't begrudge anyone for not liking them

I saw them live and it's funny the lengths the nu-male drummer will go to not look at his bandmate's tight 20 yr old ass
youtube.com/watch?v=k5rD1KGeK-0

>the "proof in imgur" part feels a bit awkward, mind if I leave it out?
Yeah, not necessary imo. I only included it because everyone else did. You're not making a self-post after all.

So this:

[Ethics] Pitchfork writer likes tweet from friend before scathingly reviewing album of band whose drummer cheated on said friend, who proceeds to call the review karma

for once i agree with pitchfork, this is horrible

[Ethics] Pitchfork writer pans album by band whose drummer cheated on their friend, friend proceeds to call the review karma

i really like this
>tfw not hip enough 4 mu

alright

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/645kws/ethics_pitchfork_writer_likes_tweet_from_friend/

p good, but I'd say it's pretty important to clarify that he liked before the review

Sounds like a bad Royal Blood

This is pretty good, thanks bro

this is the girl from diet cig. holy shit look at her ass.

Yup, thats a human ass alright.

meh

>no wonder he cheated with her

I wanna see her making chipmunk cheeks giving me a beej

C U T E !
U
T
E
!

I went to school with Alex Luciano (the singer). We met a few times and she was friends with my friends. Saw her play a few basement shows before she formed diet cig.

AMA

what's ur favorite Swans song

Is she frisky?

Its just a normal ass. why do some guys feel the need to sexualize every girl they see

what's your AOTYSF

I want to lick her asshole

We're sexual beasts

diet cig a shit

>unbearably White audience
>unbearably White band
>unbearably everyone is White

Why is this allowed?

lunacy

yeah she went for that manic pixie dream girl bullshit. fucked mad dudes (not that its a bad thing). was low key arrogant as fuck.

honestly don't have one yet, check back in a couple months

>that "thanks bye" at the end

Jesus she's such a qt3.14

>fucked mad dudes
what a fuckin surprise

t. ugly whale that gets no attention

who evens reads pitchfork nowadays

its fun catchy pop but its nothing groundbreaking