youtu.be/_61hzuGGJX0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Explain

Fill collins is impossible to take seriously

bjork

His head always looked like one of those clay things you shoot in Duck Hunt

>Fill

"I'll take shit giant plebs say for 1000, Alex."

Go listen to the Tarzan Soundtrack, Brand X, or Trick of the Tail you ultra plebeian.

>Tarzan Soundtrack

>Fill

Again. Showing your ignorance. Ewwww.

Not ignorant, just not interested in embarassingly bad music

>Tarzan Soundtrack
The last good Disney soundtrack was Hercules.

Awwww. How cute. A newtrip nobody gives a fiddlers fuck about.

>can't take Phil Collins seriously
>but this guy who dresses up as a fucking flower I can definitely take seriously

a flower?!

IF YOU GO DOWN TO WILLOW FARM

dont question it, its complicated.

Hey guys my father died in WW2 so now you'll listen to me complaining about war and sing about how pissed off at absolutely nothing I am for two albums

Did I mention my father died in WW2?

In Peter Gabriel's defense, the flower part of Supper's Ready wasn't meant to be taken seriously at all.

Phil is a heavily mixed bag when he tries to get into more serious subjects, sometimes he can pull it off tremendously well, but sometimes he gets unintentionally funny because of how hard he tries to get the message across.

Fuck you biitch, he played drums on some of the most legendaryy Progressive Rock albums, not to mention his Jazz Fusion with Brand X. This nigga was even featured on a Bone Thugs and Harmony track.

Phil Collins is legit top 10 of all time.

You two should be ashamed of having such a wrong opinion.

Literally this.
I can't understand why people shit themselves over this crappy comedy group, it's just "lel so randum" humor for tweens.

Not only that, but he played on this masterpiece - Another Green World.

nick drake

His banker takes him seriously.

Sorry our taste in Disney doesn't align. I just don't care for Phil's solo work.

Fill

>Fill

Just because he doesn't require a jacket doesn't mean he's not serious.

>not a single post making a joke about this album title

fucks sake

>autism

a fucking pity this hack wasnt the first post in thread

He's a meme.

>Fill

>autism

>being this autistic you can't understand basic ironic intentional misspelling

Phil is one of those musicians that average people joke about based on superficial knowledge, but musicians recognize he has serious chops and credentials. Any drummer into prog should study Phil's work from the 70s.

Not being able to take this seriously?

youtu.be/_61hzuGGJX0

Seriously??

Noel Bantsmeister Gallagher.

He's a musician, his opinions matter nothing outside of his own music. So again, explain why he's impossible to be taken seriously

I wish you death and your family death, but I agree with you. Only soundtrack from a movie I'll listen to.

How dumb do you have to be to take him seriously in the first place?

>the flower part of Supper's Ready wasn't meant to be taken seriously at all.
fuck you

Vladimir Putin is a musician?

Any metal """""musician""""" ever.
Also most prog.

ooooo im so scared

Yeah this guy.

He's just 2real4me

Stop taking me seriously

>You get respect in society if you are aggressive. If you fight then people respect you. If you fight back, people like you for that as well. When Ive been beaten up, if Ive been in a pub doing nothing wrong, the fact I chose not to fight back, that I would never throw a punch back, people say Im weak. I dont think thats a weak thing at all. I think why should I descend to their level? If Ive done nothing wrong, throwing a punch back makes me as bad and corrupt as them. As evil as them, as stupid as them.
~Richey Edwards

>im a skinny pussy

>All my life I've felt weak compared to other people. If they want to crush me then they can. But I know I can do things that other people can't.

You don't fight back because you have no self respect, as shown in your history of self-harm and suicide.
Why should people respect those that don't respect themselves?

>We hate Slowdive more than we hate Adolf Hitler
Is the only thing Richey ever said of any worth
Well, he was anorexic, so I don't think he'd take offence to the "skinny" part.

He orchestrates tragedy

>most legendaryy Progressive Rock
>played drums
That's like saying being the biggest autist on reddit is an achievement.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds.But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

What about
>You could go to any Levellers concert & stand in the middle and shout, ‘Jeremy!’, & 75% of the audience would turn round.

>I CAN FEEL IT COMING IN THE AIR TONIGHT

Fuck Phil Collins.

FLEX YOUR MUSCLES

... But Seriously, that's a big bummer.

Sup Forums really went downhill.

I can't take any 'hardcore' hip hop artist seriously. They all sound like fucking retards.

he's right tho

I don't take any musician seriously. I don't even take myself seriously...

His drum fills are pretty great tbqh

more relevant today than ever

Madonna or any slut pop object.
Lil Bee or/and any Hip Hop "artist"

Alexander Pistoletov

so what, didn't the Beastie Boys do some corny shit for Sabotage? This is just ahead of it's time and, trust me, the least of the corniest music videos from the early 80's.

>only two albums

kek

Phil is great. You'll come to appreciate that the older you get.

>Fill

Damn...

>being this Fill

April is pretty great though.

>Fill

PhilCo could pull off some quality sarcasm - Like China and Thru These Walls to name a few.

PhilCo had a good 20 years or so before he reached the douchery of But Seriously... Give him a break!

>"Steve Lamacq"
Why is he known for being an edgy shit when he comes off pretty funny and likeable in interviews?

Fuck off that manlet phil collins stole the name of genesis and proceeded to turn it into a fucking joke, to this day, Genesis are still a fucking joke because of that old fart

Phil Collins probably saved Genesis from becoming post-Animals Pink Floyd, m8.

What would be the point of them still playing prog after 1980? Duke was a fitting end for that era, Genesis had to reinvent themselves in order to stay relevant in a completely new decade for music, even Peter Gabriel had to do it.

>Tries to start a topic
>Descends into a Phil Collins defense mob
>This is what it's all about
>Reminder that Genesis never gave up prog 100%, even on Invisible Touch

I saw a Mac Demarco shirt in a thrift store for a dollar and still didn't buy it

Needless to say I missed out on a lot of hipster puss

Genesis went from a prog band that occasionally played pop to a pop band that occasionally played prog. It was a big shift in sound, but it's a pretty logical one to take, considering the circumstances.

Why does he have a tambourine in his pants?

That's a potato

Agreed, the best Genesis was the four albums from 1976-80. At least listen to Trick of the Tale or Wind & Wuthering before you make any ignorant anti-Phil assumptions.

Foxtrot and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway are the best Genesis albums imo, but I love A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering.

Is that Emo Philips?

seems like you heard that Sup Forums is a great place for teens