ITT: Popular/Well-known artists you hate

ITT: Popular/Well-known artists you hate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4_zVxmufY
youtube.com/watch?v=iir_xAbt-ak
youtube.com/watch?v=abIbKWBwCkU
youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14
youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q3zKfBRnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the stones
I hate them

I hate Mercyful Fate as well, OP.

That's Kiss.

No that's Bon Jovi

No that's Van Halen

I hate juggalos too.

I despise Aerosmith

The Beatles

Sublime

Grateful Dead

Guns N'Roses

Most popular normie shit today

Pink Floyd

Queen

KISS

These too

>guns n roses
Fucking this

>Pink Floyd
At least we got that one out of the way.

I fucking hate Guns N'Roses, the opening chords to "Welcome to The Jungle", "Sweet Child O'Mine", and "Paradise City" make me want to throw a brick through a window. Incredibly overrated music, and they stretch out their songs waaaaay to fucking long. Paradise City doesn't need to be 6 minutes long, it's pretentious wankery.

U2.

>tfw broke up with my ex because her mom loved Guns N'Roses.

the who

Springsteen.

I seriously don't get it.

Can someone explain?

The Eagles
The Beegees
Bruce Springsteen
The Beach Boys (minus pet sounds)

I don't know who that is.

ugh their fans are so pretentious as well, and thats coming from someone who enjoys poseur-core.

i was talking with my mates about some old black eyed peas songs because we were talking about old songs that we remember and this girl who non-stop wears GnR shirts buts in and says "see while you guys grew up listening to that, i grew up listening to AC/DC and guns and roses!" trying to be all "cute" and "different", we all just kinda went "haha yeah wow cool" then continued talking about old pop songs

>muh patriotism

KISS??
it's KYS dude

Animal Collective
Tame Impala
Death Grips
Grimes
Beach House
Mac Demarco

The Smiths
Tool

>the only springsteen song i ever heard was born in the usa and i didn't get it

How does one legitimately dislike Queen? Like, I get not caring their basic shit like Bohemain Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, and We Are The Champions, but in general, they're really likable and have written some seriously good songs.

Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana

surely you at least like satisfaction

>Tool
please leave

No seriously

Most glam metal, redeemed by going into so stupid, it's entertaining territory and not being as shite as nu metal.

Everything from the mid-late 80's with excessive production, stiff drum machines and dated synths. Cannot for the life of me see why anyone likes them, even on a nostalgic level.

Kek

Alanis morisette
Zayn

>Everything from the mid-late 80's with excessive production, stiff drum machines and dated synths. Cannot for the life of me see why anyone likes them, even on a nostalgic level.

Examples?

Have you actually tried?
youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4_zVxmufY
This really does nothing for you?

>he likes Tool
how's your sophomore year of high school going?

Hi! Welcome back from your 5 year coma!

That's Kendrick Lamar

desu I didn't actually hate him until the onslaught of, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LOVE KENDRICK?! HE'S LITERALLY THE BEST MUSICIAN OF ALL TIME!! FUCK MF DOOM, GZA, CHUCK D, AND EVEN EARLY EMINEM, NOTHING EVEN COMPARES TO HIS LE WITTY LYRICISM!!1!1!!1!1!!"

I don't know, I'm not a big fan of the bombastic and "grand" prog and glam rock form of music.I suppose it's more of their fans.

I love Bowie, but "Life on Mars" is a perfect example of that style that doesn't do it for me

what kind of bait is this?

>Kendrick Lamar
Sounds like a Star Wars character.

I workout to it. I don't listen to it otherwise.

Idk, Ænima is a pretty good song.

One of my friends found the E Street Band stuff to be too cheesy (wtf), but he dug the fuck out of Nebraska

youtube.com/watch?v=iir_xAbt-ak

bono obvs

please won't someone throw him in some african country with no communication, deep in poverty with him being in need of blood transfusion

Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind (pls don't kill me)
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Van Halen - Jump (Not quite 80s but I hate the synth line more than anything else in the decade)
Tears for Fears - Shout. Not entirely irredeemable, but still of their big hits, it's the one I'll ignore the most.
Even Prince skirts the line many times but he was too good to go all the way.

Not quite *mid-late

Yeah, the E Street Band is one of the only bands that can do the things they do and NOT be too cheesy, it's actually amazing. Elements you would normally perceive as corny from most but they are so good they make it convincing.
youtube.com/watch?v=abIbKWBwCkU

>New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
REEEEEEEEEEEE

If they recorded it ~83, I would have loved it, 100% sure.

The Google Analytics. Hate those cunts.

I thought new order balanced out for most people who don't normally like their genre since their origins are as a post-punk band and they still play their instruments in most of the songs to give them life and edge.

>WISH I COULD NOT WORK AND PLAY GAMES
>BACK WHEN LIFE WASN'T HARD
>NEEDA TURN BACK TIME BRUH

Every fucking time

I don't like just calling shit 'Plebian' and all that but 21 Pilots is the plebiest pleb pleb that ever plebed plebs pleb.

youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14

Most new shit.

As for Sup Forums related, KISS, Led Zeppelin, all but four Iron Maiden songs, Boston, Journey, all but one Springsteen song, all but one Metallica song.

I could probably think of more but I'm tired af

Tool and Chevelle are fucking garbage, poor man's Filter with much less talent and much more pretension.

the usual laundry list:

queen
beatles
stones
theoffspring
ofmontreal
boniver
altj
21pilots
white stripes
beyonce

>ofmontreal
>theoffspring
>boniver
Is your space bar broken or something?
Also, that list isn't exactly the usual laundry list.

>i hate him because other people love him
Spoken like a true hipster.

>poor man's Filter

no idea what you're talking about. bizarre comparison

Aerosmith makes me want to vomit on my cock

Kek never noticed that

Led Zeppelin, not saying they're bad because they obviously aren't, but I just don't really get it

Dude they're fucking trash. They ripped off lots of their most well known stuff. I'm 100% serious look it up.

Classic rock in general actually

Really? Huh didn't know that, guess its not that surprising. Who did they rip off?

No, they're pretty similar.

Classic rock's not bad desu, it's just 3/4 of the big normie-known names are either bland and marketed or just bad.

Oh wow, very insightful ty

coldplay
bob dylan

No they aren't

I like sublime...

these

bob marley

And it will never matter. They will forever be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Have their Kennedy Center Honor.

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q3zKfBRnI

even the beegeees early releases before saturday night cancer?

ITT: Pretentious fucks
Pic very related also

Most of the big classic rock bands really.
Like, can a genre be more overplayed?

not my favorite artists!

This and Fall Out Boy

AC/DC, I just can't stand them at all. Just really really boring music. Motörhead are a similar classic hard rock band and they manage to not sound the same in every song.

Can't stand them.

Most "prog" acts piss me the fuck off, to be honest.

Rush is to prog what Beastie Boys was to hiphop

well then take that second statement as a wholly separate thing

>tfw don't care enough to hate artists i don't even listen to

Post DSOTM Pink Floyd
post 1985 "Hardcore"
Led Zepplin
99% Rap (I like some but I'm VERY picky)
Death Metal
Black Metal
post Young Americans David Bowie
post 1972 Bee Gees
post 1978 Who
any Glam or hair metal
Yes
Journey
Ted Nugent
99% Disco (There was some good stuff in the early days before 1977)
post Are We Not Men DEVO
post Regatta De Blanc Police
post Women and Children First Van Halen (That was their LAST great album!)

I could go on and on................

Journey.

>just listened to C'mon and Love Me
>see this thread
Nah, fuck you OP.

I don't like Bruce Springsteen, Journey, U2, Coldplay, Black Eyed Peas, and late 90s-early 2000s pop punk in general.

I don't hate many artists. I don't hate everything I don't enjoy

However, I fucking despise Beyonce. Her shit is even shit for radio standards, how the fuck do people cream themselves over this talentless bitch? She seems to be a good businesswoman, I'll give her that. Actually, that's probably why I hate her.

Katy Perry. She suffers from Mariah Carey Syndrome, which is to say a strong voice with absolutely no expression or sense of dynamics.

Genesis. They suffer from an almost unbearable level of pretentiousness.

>How does one legitimately dislike Queen?

Because Christgau told them to hate.

AC/DC
Sublime
Guns N'Roses
KISS
Grimes
Led Zeppelin
Nine Inch Nails
Weezer
Danny Brown
Twenty One Pilots
Blink 182
U2

i'm a city guy, but there's just something super endearing about his americana teenaged escapist anthems

you don't even like synchronicity? i know it's quintessential mom rock but i think it's their best

Radiohead

Well, I guess I don't hate them. They have a few good songs, but I find most of their shit very bland.

>Sublime
>Led Zeppelin

Springsteen's songs aren't that special, they're really just boilerplate 70s rock themes. I mean, Born To Run is about wanting to escape from a hopelessly corrupt society. A million other bands/artists did the same exact thing.