Why didn't this band get more recognition? Without a doubt one of the best groups of the 2000s

Why didn't this band get more recognition? Without a doubt one of the best groups of the 2000s

Other urls found in this thread:

deadaircollective.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meme band everybody knows that

i don't, explain

they're okay and that's not good enough

are you the same guy who posted parrot flies like a half hour ago?
Algernon is great but deff not the best band to come out of that scene. Brave Little Abacus is probably the one that will be remember in 10ish years.

I'm not that guy, and I agree with you about Brave Little Abacus- the textures and experimentation they had was wild. As for Algernon, I think the guitar playing is wildly ahead of any other groups from the emo scene, idk what I'm missing out on

When is this image from?
Between that RVIVR shirt and the weird billing I'm seeing them get lately is really in contrast with how unknown I had assumed they were.

>mu.jpg
I was thinking the same thing.

No idea, found on images, someone please enlighten

I don't like how his toe is on his mic stand]

makes me uncomfortable.

oh yea they had some of the most interesting twinkling, probably rivaled only by Grown Ups. the A side of Some Kind of Cadwallader was extremely influential in the revival scene early on

joe was notorious for losing shoes on tour

i should also note that i lived in central NJ during the revival peak in 2010-2012 so I can safely say Algernon got the rep they deserved within the scene, but yea theyre under-talked about now. its mostly because they called it quits so early, and Snowing overshadowed them as "the" Lehigh Valley band

hahaha fag nigger

I think maybe their problem was they were emo but didn't play into the whole "we're intensely sad and want to die thing" -they took a bit more of a mature approach to their lyrics I feel, and that might not have been what people were looking for.

its probably had an effect on their long term reputation yes. but still the real problem was timing. Empire Empire, the World is, Dads, Snowing etc were all blowing up in 2011 and but they just put out Parrot Flies and more or less threw in the towel. Joe is a great dude tho, i recorded an ep with him and my best friend recorded his album at his studio. and Peter was key in getting the Lehigh sound to philly, along with Chris Reject

>one of the best groups of the 2000s
>Cap'n Jazz wannabes with shittier vocals

no thanks

dude, my buddies just recorded an album with Joe too! thanks for the knowledge. What's your opinion of Hop Along? I'm a little disappointed but I feel like they can improve and have enough momentum to keep going

listen harder

Get Disowned was great. i didnt listen to the most recent album from like a year or two back. i started making electronic music in 2013 after my band split and i quit the emo scene entirely in 2014 when Alex G started to get big and my favorite bands broke up and everyone moved to Pittsburgh. all good things come to an end i suppose

>Fender basses

Ugh. Kill yourself. Please.

industry standard

what is better

>instrument elitism
if it makes sound who cares i actually recorded all the bass parts on my first demo using my jag detuned as fuck and the neck slightly unbolted to limit the action lol

you got anything on bandcamp man

Gibson Thunderbird
Epiphone Thunderbird
Rickenbacker 4001

Yeah Fender Jaguars are also fucking garbage instruments.

I love you but you're wrong

lol it produces sound idgaf i just wanted to be Kurdt when i was 14 and bought it
nah id be breaking user if i post it directly but ive posted it on bandcamp threads before

goddamnit, I never even come here

Emo is underrated as a whole imho desu

weren't they massively influental in the revival scene? Like all the twinkke bands were trying to sound like some kind of cadwallader
also fun is like the best twinkle ep outside if fuck your emotional bullshit

heh alright. i cant tell you what post-hardcore/emo band i was in but i operate this label now. almost all the releases were done by me and a few friends.
i also have alot of hard techno i recorded 2013-2014 but i deleted the bandcamp. ill probably rerelease it on this one this summer, after i put out the next two releases.
deadaircollective.bandcamp.com/

this is rad, all these guys are talented. What's it like to start a label?

its alot of work aha. i used to work with a moderately big emo label so i was able to learn alot before i just jumped into it. if you do everything out of love and are ok with losing money, and getting to know everyone at your local post office its really not that bad. also maintaining quality control is key, along with working with people who understand how to properly record and mix music, or just do it all yourself. the only outside release we did, that Shoji album was a nightmare to mix for tape, and many of the songs were delivered in mp3 format, not lossless. luckily we only do tape releases right now

is that lovage?

but thank you i appreciate the kind words. do you make music user?

i should also note were in the process of diversifying also were working on getting a dream pop album out by the end of summer

lol kys

I do, but haven't released anything. I'm finishing up my first year at uni studying jazz, and a little irritated with how music classes eat up practice time n shit, so not sure if I'll continue. Aiming to have something done this summer in a Burt Bacharach kind of way tho, n mess around with overdubs of all the instruments I've learned this semester. Also, I was in an emo band for a while but realized nobody cares about it anymore, so definitely time to move on. I've done session work in studios as well, not on recordings with any success tho lol. idk, I'm all over the place- I think I just need to hone in on project and maybe something good will happen. You can only hope tho

yea dont lose the spark to make music youll make time this summer. just dont go too crazy with the overdubs, some times less is more aha. my emo band crumbled for similar reasons, but mostly because there was no market for a fugazi rip off band at the time. also we were really sloppy live ahaha. being focused is super important, and just stick through a project to the end, and stick to deadlines. you mentioned youre studying jazz thats super rad i wish i had a good enough understanding of theory in order to study thoroughly/ play jazz.