bumping for curiosity

> 1 Poster in this thread
you never seen a sine wave? fucking liberals
sin(x)*3+1

3sin(x)+1

It's
Sin3(x)+1

4sin theta over pi?

OP here you are all wrong. Look at the 5 important points on the wave. The beginning point is up at (0,4); therefore, the wave is a cosine. Y=3cos(x-(pi/2))+1
If there were not points on this map then yes sin would work.

Wolfram Alpha says you are wrong. Argue with them. 3sin(x)+1 is the correct answer and conventional way to write it.

>mfw the x axis is in degrees, not radians

Nice troll, any such curve can be written as a sin or cos formula.

y = 3senx + 1

fug the pi looks like an x in the thumbnail

I dunno what you think you are on to here, but argue with wolfram rabbit face: wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3sin(x)+1

>cos(x-(pi/2))
that just moves the starting point of the curve you fucker, aka converts a sin to a cos

Graph it bub. Look at the points. If you graph a sin wave the origin point would be to the right of the y-axis; however, the sin shows the origin point high on the y-axis as well to the left; therefore, must be cosine. Right? If we are being technical. Which we are.

ah so that's what you were on to, hehe i get u now

sine starts at sine=0 at x=0 and goes positive. There's no need to offset a cosine by pi/2 (which makes it sine btw). [3*sin(x)] + 1 is correct, as already given.

Well, the final solution is to kill all the Jews.

pic related

i have never heard that convention before -- but that's just a convention, and the sin formula is a more concise way to write it. in my classes if they wanted sin or cos in particular they asked for it.

M=big

This just changes the amplitude and period, not starting point at all. The starting point is changed when -pi/2 is divided by 1/1 which is still -pi/2 so the period is shifted to the right pi/2

Fuck you OP im not doing your homework

I feel ya, and sin is correct, but not when it comes to the points labeled on the graph, which my uni teacher is ornery. I have an easier one for you guys.

wrong.
multiplying M * sin(x) changes the amplitude
multiplying sin( M * x) changes the period
subtracting sin(x - M) moves the starting point of the period
and since pi/2 is 1/4 of a period, it converts sin to cos, nigger read your textbook

Here you go, here is your equation.

(6*cos(x))+3

y = 3 cos(2x)
Pic related

FUCK, i need to study again...

You are correct.

I agree with you there, thanks for the info.

underrated post

op is actually a fucktard. doesnt realize anything that can be represented in terms of sin can be represented in cos and vice versa.
Enjoy 10th grade little fella.

in case this isnt obvious

sin(x) = cos(x-pi/2)
ect, ect
you can write/convert all cos functions in sin, its just preference

How about this, what's the area under this "curve?"