Are there any guitarfags out there tonight? If so, please report

Are there any guitarfags out there tonight? If so, please report.

Reporting in.

Have a really cheap strat copy, a slightly less cheap strat copy, and an even slightly less cheap les paul copy.

Mostly interested in what you're playing on. Gibson? Cort? Playing for years or just learning...

Red Leader standing by

Fellow guitarfag here

I've got a fender Baja telecaster, cheap ass fender Chinese tele, and a epi Joe pass jazz box

Thanks Unless you can do Beaners from Cheech and Chong, your services aren't needed. At ease.

Epiphone Les Paul '56 reissue, goldtop. It's a nice guitar but I need to get a better amp to really appreciate it...

i have a ibanez iceman and a double bound tobacco burst telecaster with a maple neck and a xaviere hollow body

What year? The goldtops are fun guitars, better made than some of the other epi LP.s

i can do better than that

Fellow guitarfag here.

I've got an American Les Paul, an Ibanez Prestige S Series, an Epi SG, and a few acoustics

What do you use for amp?

2014 edition, picked it up at a pawn shop for $300 after a couple minutes of haggling

Don't know anything about Xaviere. Pics or links?

MM JP6 into an Boogie DR is what i need to get the hair on my balls to stand up. A tube screamer in front is the icing on the cacke. Its just something DiMarzio has in their p-ups that SD and EMG is missing.

Silevertone bass and guitar here. Chorus flanger pedal on deck. Trying to form a band. I'll play anything.

Got myself an Epiphone '58 Flying V reissue and Squier jaguar.

I feel ya. Had to sell my MA50c to pay off some debt and now I'm stuck with this tiny ass starter amp.

Nah. Thanks, tho.

had this for a while but never really learned how to play it. was a gift basically. i do want to learn tho.

Currently have a black star ht40 but looking to move to a fender blues deluxe

What color is the flying v? And hey an amp is an amp if you just wanna jam once in a while

Goldtops are gorgeous

Not a bad move. Ever looked at Roland and their Jazz Chorus line? So well suited for telecaster guitars, not that expensive, especially on eBay.

Metal Sup Forumsro with some vintage metal gear. Peavey ultra plus 120 head, Jackson 412 cab, and a Jackson ps4 made in Japan. Producing a blackened metal EP in a couple months

My go to: Gretsch G5420T (pic related)

Others:
Breedlove Passport Mahogany A/E
Greg Bennett Signature Acoustic 12 string
ESP H-300 electric (replaced stock pickups with EMG humbuckers

Natural Korina wood. I'd take a pic but my phone's busted at the moment. It's identical to pic related except there's a killswitch I installed next to the bridge.

Beginner Guitar/b/ro here: ie basic chord shapes, just started learning barre chords, and some basic melodies, Just purchased a refurbished Cordoba C7 Sp, love the sound. Wanted to actually learn something (besides campfire shit) so I just started flamenco lessons.

What specifically? I've found that cheap strat copy, well set-up can play as good as a high-mark guitar. Appreciate what you've got!!!!

r8 my stash

reporting in

main rig:
GUITARS:
>ibanez JEM 07 white
>ibanez RGA 550 prestige
>Ltd MH-1000 deluxe
>Custom shop 89 Gibson EDS-1275
>Gibson flying V standar
>Gibson SG special

AMP RIG:
>vintage 65 fender blackface Bassman Head
>EVH 5150 3 50w head
>Avatar 2x12 Cab
>Peavey JSX 4x12 Cab

and a bunch of other shit

shadilay

>Cordoba C7 Sp

(OP): Classical guitar is something i've never bothered with. Because I can't do it. But finger-pickers can do what I do. They can do what I do, I can't do what they do. If you can stay with it, classical guitar is the way to learn.

this is a guitar thread. take your shredpose piece of shit out of here

nice fake finish on the telecaster faggot, too bad you botched the relic job

(OP):

11/10. 11/10. Stop fishing for compements. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! Well that's good I was hoping that the skill would translate to other genre's as well as other instruments. It's definitely something I'm going to stick with, I've always loved the sound and rhythm of those Spanish tunes.

poor fag detected

thanks! haha, nice chess set on that little table there, also your marshall head is pretty nice.

so you assume that i didn't just play the shit out of that guitar for an entire decade just because i post on Sup Forums?

It's easy to learn how to play with a pick. Fingerpicking is a particular skill that doesn't come naturally to other guitarists, but is useful for other instruments. Classical, steel, slide, etc all rely on finger picking. If you can do it, or try to do it, keep with it...

dont let the poor get to you, their tears will lube your strings

>not happy with life,
>h8's on guitars???,

>probably poor/.10

Otherwise 10/10 bait my friend.

True

do you guys have a guitar model or brand that you just cannot stand for some reason?

for some reason i cant stand stratocasters, it sounds shitty and tinny

Thanks!. Just a cheap Mexican tourist-trap thing. Prolly $15. But my bro and I play on it whenever we can manage to be in the same city.

i also love your sweet huge collection of guitars, esp that 12 string in the back there. man i wish i had that many.

You guys need to sell all your cheap shit gear and buy some real shit.

Bought/sold 50 guitars the last decade. Here's my latest score. Most underrated/undervalued brand/model right now. You can get nice examples under 500 all the time

>cheap shit gear

Not really. I like to use them as tools. What might not work in most cases works really well in certain situations, and vice versa. I guess it depends on what types of music you play. I agree the Fender strat sounds thin a lot of times, but you can't make something like Pearl Jam All Those Yesterdays sound the same with a Gibson. Too fat. Make sense?

Guitarfag reporting

>the "i play in a progressive pop metal band and batio is my favorite guitarist" guitar

yea, i totally get that theres a time and place for everything, but i just think there are much better single coil sounds better than strats, strats have this weird moment of attack on each note that wont go away no matter how much you roll back the tone. jaguar and mustang produce nice singlecoil tones

Yup

Hi.

i dont really like fender stuff besides teles

i think you can get much better guitars than that for less than 300

Thanks! I've got 25, not all high quality. Actually quite a divide. 3 Gibson Les Paul Customs, but also 4-5 that are under $200. The best way to enjoy a guitar is to learn how to set it up and play it. Not how to spend money on it. Something I've learned...

Here's a pic of a handful of guitars I have laying around.

That's a 1935 Dobro that my grandpa bought brand new. At Sears. For $25.

man you guys have some nice ass amps

why are ibanez's so awesome

(OP)
Ever played G&L's? They're even more Fender than Fender guitars. Leo progressed the strat sound after selling the company, to a degree that CBS and others afterwards didn't. Try a mid-90s G&L. Can be had for relatively cheap, and way better than similar Fenders. Pickups aren't thin/glassy, they're more chimey. Hard to explain. But better.

ESP LTDs. Fuck 'em. Ibanez 7/8/9(?) strings with Wizard necks. Fuck 'em. Although the active pickups in the RG8 are pretty gr8

Are you looking for someone?

Reporting in.

Epi. Les Paul w/ EMG 81/85
ESP LTD 30th Anniversary Ed.
BC. Rich Mockingbird Masterpiece

Fuckton of nice pedals
6505MH

I've got quite a few, and I can't answer that. Early 90s Ibby's are incredibly nice. Later ones, especially the RG and S series, aren't. But the good years play like butter.

Pretty sure noone here knows what it is including yourself.

Here's another I doubt anyone has a clue about. Better that way, price on guitars has doubled since the economy recovered.

Hows that old JCM2000 DSL combo sound? Been thinking of getting a one to use as a running around amp

Here's what's left of my pedal board. It's a christpuke of a mess. But some decent components. I like cheap 90's pedals.

Sounds great for what it is. I do believe it's a '99. That said, I've got several other amps that I think sound better.

You can get the DSL40C for somewhat of an affordable price brand new. Most that try them like them.

Also, Marshall head is cheap variety. I like to combine several heads and layer them. The Marshall was my main amp for a decade, but the footswitch stopped working. So i got a couple of other higher-gain heads and i layer them with a Voodoo Labs switch.

Squier Affinity Tele here. I love the Tele so much more now. The bridge pickup just cuts through everything.

Love playing indie rock and some funk stuff.

Here it is again, in visual form.

Here are my prides. The Gibson LP Customs. '79 Silverburst. '77 Natural Maple, '90 Tobaccoburst.

Looks like the thread is going to die. Anyone else want to share or nah?

Nice MXR collection. Is the silver one above the Whammy and wha pedal a Mooer? I have two and love them.

Here's mine. Not as many, but the Pi and Echorec clones are heavenly.

Frustated guitarist (bassist) here!

I have the chance to play in a cover band. What do you recommend me?

>Led Zeppelin
or
>Deep Purple

Why only one?

Deep Purple. Make sure you turn that bass all the way up and jam the fuck out.

I don't have time :(

I love my Mooer pedals. A Boost and a Noise Gate. My board is way more complicated than it needs to be. For gain channel I do an MXR Compressor and 10ch eq., I do a wah and a volume pedal early in my chain, followed by two loops: modulation (phaser, etc.), and timing (delay, etc). After that is noise gating (not effective).

BINGO >BASS PLAYER

Thanks for your answer!
And wich is the best bass? Epiphone or Squire? (poorfag)

MAEK TIME!!

I do get it. I've got two young daughters at home, hard to take away from them. If I had to choose, JPJ is the reason why Led Zeppelin is what they are. So, yeah.

69' midnight blue fender strat, inverted head stock so the low E has higher tension, noiseless fender pick ups, twangs like none other, got the action set real low, total Hendrix vibe

Nice. I have the Phase 90 clone and Flanger and love them.

My chain is pretty straightforward, Wah>Pork and Beans Boost>Ram's Head Clone>Amp then my Mooers>Pulsar>Echorec Delay>Decimator Noise Gate in the loop

I'd definitely say Deep Purple as well.

I play a Squier Jaguar in a band. For the price I got it at, which was like 200 something, it does its job pretty well.

Also, I rewired the Marshall pedal to control two channels of the Roland JC120. Chorus and reverb. The Marshall head footswitch jack stopped working. Now it just adds bass/mid-highs to my layered amp sound.

Currently rebuilding a 1966 Gibson Kalamazoo KG2, hoping that will be the main guitar some day. Hopefully getting a tele or jazzmaster soon. playing out of a Fender DeVille III 2x12 probably forever because it sounds perfect

If that's a genuine Les Paul, sell it. That guitar deserved better than collecting dust in a corner.

>>>
> Anonymous 01/27/17(Fri)01:40:53 No.72043
The Fender Squiers can sound really good. But I have trouble with longevity, especially with the electronics. So I'd vote Epi. But the model year matters a lot...

Nice. Never played a Gretsch but my buddy switched to one from an SG and he became a better guitar player overnight.

I was mostly trying to see what could be done. Turns out a shit ton of pedals is a shit ton of noisy. So my current setup is wah/comp/eq/whatever is necessary for the song/gate/boost for solos.

Layer the heads for gain, Roland Jazz Chorus for cleans.

Don't you guys just love my guitar? It's the best of it's kind.

Jxn Soloist? Throwing darts.

Jackson Soloist? Throwing darts...but year?

I used to have a Weeping Demon. Solid wah pedal. I use the Hendrix Crybaby now

The pickups suggest something more like the JS22.....

A cheap guitar.

That looks right.