How important is fitness level in a fight?

How important is fitness level in a fight?
A friend of mine who is on the basketball team will probably be fighting this cholo on friday. Even though he isn't the one starting the fight, he says he could beat him easily if he gets attacked because according to him, fat people gas out easily. How true is this? I'm not as confident as he is in his ability to not get his ass kicked.
Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJT99suKerg
youtube.com/watch?v=TckXrrottWE
youtube.com/watch?v=5pL6uUYdWbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

depends on the experience each one has, street fighting isn't olympic boxing.

If the other guy is taller/heavier he's probably gonna win. Gassing out doesn't matter because the fight is gonna be over in 5 punches or less.

Depends on who you're fighting

I dont think hes taller but hes definitely heavier

youtube.com/watch?v=yJT99suKerg

Your boy is gonna get jumped and shanked.

why?

I'm assuming the cholo has experience fighting, does your friend? If not, he may have a tough time. Also height is almost irrelevant in a fight especially if the guy knows how to grapple. Most fights end up on the ground in a matter of seconds.

This.

Anyone who tells you different is just living an MMA fantasy. Street fights last at best a few swings from each person... not 45 minutes of bob n weave.

The cholo is experienced yes, my friend has only been in one fight

youtube.com/watch?v=TckXrrottWE

Yeah, your friends fucked muh dude.

Fighting is a skill just like basketball. Being a good athlete in one sport is not a free ticket to being a good athlete in all physical activities.

keep your core strong
always aim for face
if guy tries to take for ground still more face

Being in shape will help. I used to wrestle and it was 50% technique and 50% fitness. Any evenly matched skill fight will come down to fitness or mental errors probably due to fatigue

Nerves are also a big factor. A guy who is comfortable and confident in fighting will have a big advantage over someone who is not. I've seen dudes eat punches just because they were too scared to do anything.

I think he has a really strong core from basketball but how does that help

what weight did you wrestle with?

I've been in a ton of "fights"
Working in law enforcement and moonlight at bars
Any time there's a hands on situation it's insanely tiring and over very quickly and usually the bigger person wins unless the other person is super experienced

Are you a patrol officer?

Winning a fight depends on:

80% experience with fighting
19% how tall/heavy you are
1% muscles/fitness

However, simply running away is ALWAYS the best tactic.

How old is your friend? 13? Do people seriously arrange fights as adults?

he is a junior in hs other guy is a senior

Yeah, your "friend" is gonna get fucked up. RIP OP

Cunt is absolutely fucked but i fully support him

>i fully support him
why? he looks like a chad

It's best not to fight. You never know what the other person is capable of doing or bringing to the fight.

Your friends gonna lose. Hope he doesn't get brain damage and become a potato. Good luck ops friend.

>bob and weave for 5 mins
>cardio superiority allows stamina to last
>sucker punch the "gassed out" shitbag.

you just proved your own point wrong.. jesus

How? Maybe you're having a hard time understanding my post. By eating punches, I mean they got punched in the fucking face multiple times and were too scared to defend themselves. I don't see how that does anything but support what I said.

are you stupid?

If he is bigger or stronger, try to keep distance because the moment he can grab you, you are basically fucked.

Just have your "friend" bring a knive and stab the cholo.
He's white and can claim it was self defense, Trumps president so whites can do anything now.

Tell him to keep hsi distance. A few leg kicks will deplete the other guy's leg health, that should give him an advantage.
Then either go for roundhouse kicks to the head or if he's still able to block those, hit him the stomach to deplete his stamina and then go for roundhouses.

Tell him to do this:
youtube.com/watch?v=5pL6uUYdWbU