My business trip to Spain went well. 99% of dialogues went like this

My business trip to Spain went well. 99% of dialogues went like this.

>Hola
>s:Hola
>Habla inglés?
>s:No
Virtually nobody speaks English in Spain.

Information centre:
>Hola - Hello
>H-hola
>Do you speak English?
>Que? Aaah, English? No, no. Yo no hablo inglés.
For fuck sake they don't even speak English in some tourist information centres.

Nobody in restaurants, bars, American fast-foods or almost anywhere. Not young people. Not even students.

Only some people at the airport. They're not required to be able to speak English even on the airport!

One of four of our receptionists.

And many people that turned out to be former foreigners or tourists.

Then we met a young Spanish guy in one restaurant. He told us that usually they have ten or more years of mandatory English lessons in their school system. But nobody bothers to learn English.

Just for fun I also tried French and German.To no avail. Surprisingly.

I communicated in Spanish thanks to the translation service of Google only with some minor issues. But all that was a huge lesson about Spanish culture for me.

Spanish business partner couldn't keep to the terms. We promptly tried another one. And he failed too.

I couldn't understand how such a lazy shithole can live so comfortably and how it successfully pretends to be a First World country.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/phOoNN4HFDw
youtube.com/watch?v=6m3RSSg533M
youtube.com/watch?v=7JpLN_KoetQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rIQI0T5ife0
youtube.com/watch?v=cP2UvMJIJHo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3zNkAIHtvw
csmonitor.com/2002/0726/p07s01-woeu.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

puto guiri de mierda lol

Why would we learn it?

>W-WHY DONT THEY SPEAK MY LANGUAGE? WHATS WRONG WITH THEM

fuck off Nigel

Come to Quebec and I'll do the same to you

We don't speak your shitty pirate language in here. Go fuck yourself and give back Gibraltar

Aprende español tú, pirata de mierda

Maybe you should have learnt Spanish for your business trip to Spain

Why the fuck would they speak English in SPAIN?

kékós

Good.

Why are you visiting another country and FORCING people to speak in YOUR own language instead of theirs?

If I go to Russia I won't expect russians to speak in spanish to me, if you go to spain you shouldn't expect spaniards to speak in english to you.

Learn spanish next time you travel to a spanish speaking country you inbred moron.

savages didn't want learn something, only that they wanted to do its take bananas from palms and eat them

Even though I do speak English, when asked by a foreigner I always say I don't.

So, yes, basically there are two kinds of Spaniards: Those who can't speak English and those who can but aren't willing to.

Because OUR language is the world language.

what the hell is this image, user

So, you want to make bussiness there but you are too cheap to don't even hire an interpretor?

I agree, those guiris don't want to learn spenspek.

El Reino Hundido señores.

When I go to Spain dialogues go like this

>Do you speak English?
>Ehh...biste auch n Deutscher oder?
>Ja
>Ahh n Bayer ey, ja komm trink erstma ein Bierchen mit uns, oder ne MAAAAßßß wie ihr dat sacht haha

Good.

>OUR

t. Jesus Francisco del Tequila Quetzalcoatl

But did you meet any hot chicks?

How so? Spanish is the most popular by number of countries that speak it and Chinese by number of people that speak it?

That happened to me too. Instead of using a suave line to pick up chicks in clubs the first thing I always said to them was "Ingles entiendo?", they always shook their heads in a conclusive no.

Fuck any Spanish cougars?

That's because you're indian

Que? Aaah, English? No, no. Yo no hablo inglés.

I think they hate British more than any Indian

La primera respuesta es siempre la mejor respuesta.

A partir de hoy, voy a publicar respuestas de texto en este canal digital denominado "Sup Forums" única y exclusivamente en el más correcto y puro castellano, con tildes y todo y libre de cualquier influencia léxica o semántica del barbarismo inglés, por mínima que sea, inclusive de términos aceptados por la RAE.

They can speak English, they just pretend they can't to mess with you.

Which leaves the number of people that both CAN INTO and WILLS INTO speak english to ~-potato^0%

Estos españoles y su secesionismo...

Igual apoyo la idea.

>Why would we learn it?
Have no idea, maybe to communicate with foreigners as the 2nd most visited country on earth?

But the French with their special autism can get away with it, too

Boa ideia. Monolinguistas que se fodam.

They probably speak a bit of english but are too insecure to follow up a conversation. This for the younger people but older people >40 years old, they just didn't study english in school, they simply didn't have a single hour in school of english, they studied french and their local language (catalan, basque or galician). Most kids in Spain today speak much better english than their parents.

English is the language of dogs

Te apoyo solamente porque dijiste castellano.

That is VERY rude

We had a real empire unlike the French. We don't need to learn other languages as ours is alredy imperial

que malote

british tourists are little better than animals, good for the spanish

they were lucky to be ruled by the french so their language got a bit tamed

No comprendo senor

porque los espanois siempre escriben como que son unos re putos? nunca lo entendi

Me he reído mucho con tu post.

Jajaja Saludos.

The Spanish spoken by Spain sounds much better than the dirty mud version of Spanish spoken by Mexico.

The Effpaniff spoken by the Efffpanifff people sounds horribly gay. Sorry.

chicano

Of course Castillian is a pure language corrupted by Andalusians and sudacas
youtu.be/phOoNN4HFDw

>sing-songy "spanish" spoken by indios with a burrito up their ass doesn't sound gay

>Bitches about a lisp
>English has a lisp
How do you pronounce thieve you dumb sudaca? Sieve?

CHI

t. gaylord

t. CHI
Orale ese. Bring me the papas holmes que se van a poner cold

>go to Italy
>try to communicate using English
>it doesn't work at all; Italians can't into English
>try French instead
>it actually kinda works
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=6m3RSSg533M
There is nothing more beautiful than a Paisa woman speaking Spanish and you know it.

maybe you should try learning the language of the place you are visiting instead of expecting natives to learn your language

Dude wtf that's rather annoying

Spanish are dumb

>mfw no hispanic blood at all but understand spanish because studies
>mfw i can pretend to be a chicano whenever i want

That's impossible for them.

Until you speak, because never in my life have i met an American with a proper Spanish pronunciation

How do Indios in the US react when you talk to them in Spanish?

>caguechetomatearri
>jueputa
>noooooooooooooooonononononoooo no quiero
>nomequierobaaaaardeputanonomequierobahaarpudamequierobar
>nooo, kuaihebu. lacaidatrá sincocuatrotreh
>pero dime cuando por favor por favor digame cuando espere no
>para yaaa
>YA
>é muygrasioooooso
>nohueputanooo noooo noquieronoquieronoquierono

Is that even Spanish?

Steve "1/48 Cherokee" McMuller?

I got AIDs from that stupid ass video

youtube.com/watch?v=7JpLN_KoetQ

literally perfect

literally sounds like hindi or some other poo language

youtube.com/watch?v=rIQI0T5ife0

What did the Spanish do to them that they are so aggressive?

They sound like 2 retards. Seriously your taste is awful sudaca

>aaAaahhh iamaa retardeeeeeeeddee

>go to China
>only Chinese people that initiate a conversation in English are trying to scam you

I expected that but unfortunately some people I went with didn't realise that so they paid £50 each for a taxi journey which was only £7 during rush hour

On the other hand
>go to China
>ask how much something is
>get "你的中文是非常好!" in reply

youtube.com/watch?v=cP2UvMJIJHo

Spanish girls from Andalucia. You can note the diference

That's no surprise. Very few people in Spain speak English. I'd say the spanish flags speaking English on this board are the same 6 or 7 guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3zNkAIHtvw

Manolo, bitte

I'm with Nigel on this one. It's sad that a country that is supposed to be first world, is in Europe, and is the second most visited country speaks very little English. You're all acting like English wasn't that big of a deal, but it is. Proof is that you're all reading this very same post on this language and you need it to communicate among yourselves. You certainly aren't using French nor Spanish, you are using English. English is the moder Latin, get with the times.

Germans, Italians and French are as bad as us desu

If someone start speaking in English with me, I fake that I don't understand.

Feels good m8

Germans speak English if they are younger than 50

We are ng english so dumb burgers can understand our autistic screeching. Fuck off fat fuck

What does blood have to do with anything? This is an entire new level of muh heritago holy fuck

>ywn be a native English speaker
I will always ALWAYS have this shitty spic ORALE ORALE accent and people will immediately discriminate me all OVER THE FUCKING WORLD.

FUCK SPANISH
FUCK SPAIN
FUCK THE INDIANS FOR GETTING BTFO BY 40 STARVING CONQUISTADORES
and especially...
FUCK
MY
LIFE

Lots of Germans speak English
French people outside of Paris may know a few words
not sure about Italians

You look like a fat ass mongolian that throws arrows. The accent is the least of your corncerns

But that's your own fault, our accent in English is different (it sucks, but in a different way)

>tfw you hear a spanish speaker trying to pronounce the word mountain

gets me every time

Well maybe we should make an effort to make it not so much of a big deal and have more easy lives.

En 20 años el español será el idioma más importante por mucho que os joda.

>Orale ese güato how is tu cabeza loco?
>Spanish
Some autistic Spanglish will be formed in the US.

Hence why Germany does much better than Spain?

Also there's something I don't get. Spaniards are going autistic about their language. But despise everyone who speaks it. They seem to hate Latin Americans, they seem to hate themselves. Yet you mention that hey dude maybe it'd be good to be bilingual with an actual relevant language and they go austistic about muh pride.

Go back to forocoches and marca.

>no hispanic blood at all but understand spanish because studies
I'm sorry but from that statement I can only assume that you're not schooled.

or, an american

yes they speak spanish in spain

Eso solo se lo creen normis autistas que piensan que aquello que se habla en USA es español y no una jerga degenerada que se esta deteriorando a pasos agigantados

>This buttmad Chicano
Orale güato stop pendejadas holmes and compra some gasolina

Because most Germans go to school. All Spanish ever do is siesta.

Como é que eu entendo essa merda?

Explain the Japanese then.

I honestly doubt that's going to happen. Latin America isn't projected to become a powerhouse or become developed.

If one had hispanic family members that spoke Spanish, like a parent or grandparent, I think it would be a higher likelihood that they learn Spanish.

>csmonitor.com/2002/0726/p07s01-woeu.html
>sleepmany

You sound Turkish as fuck. You should go and help your parents in the Kebab store

>Tourist asks for directions
>I explain him how to get there in English
>I tell my friend ''hehe, see? my English is very good, you didn't even know what to say''
>My friend says ''I understood everything but I will never answer a guiri. We are in Spain and here we speak Spanish''