Why do people always pull hip-hop and rap as a misogynist area of music? yes, many rappers are misogynistic...

why do people always pull hip-hop and rap as a misogynist area of music? yes, many rappers are misogynistic, but its not the only genre. let's talk about country music, about the preachers daughter trope, the cutoff jeans, the get-her-drunk mentality; let's talk about pop Music, about the drugs and the clubs and the possessive "love songs"; let's talk about alternative music, about "she's not like other girls and the manic pixie dream girl; let's talk about classical music, about the exclusion of women now and in history.

Let's talk about how everyones first reaction is to villianize a primarily black genre before critixing literally anyone else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zc4e-HdlhPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fair point

lol, none of that is misogynistic except the rap shit.

there's a difference betwene the healthy amount of mysogny in pop and country that is good for society and the 'imma fuck yo bitch nigga' mysogny present in most hip-hop which is just plain degrading

this is bait

It's by far the most overt and prominent in hip hop. Also if you think a typical love song is misogynist then you probably shouldn't bother sharing your thoughts on the issue.

what do you mean?

cut off jeans are sexiest as hell

>over the age of 18
>listening to music with lyrics

do people really do this?

>the healthy amount of mysogny in pop and country that is good for society

have you ever seen a good society run by women? it's healthy to keep them down a little bit but hip-hop goes too far

Go back to your containment board

i kept your mom down a bit last night

>Go back to your containment board
>>>>/reddit/

Well someone needs to and I thank your for that

;)

I think stuff like this is the most genuinely dangerous sort of misogyny in music because it encourages women to belittle themselves and its part of a disgusting subculture I often had to experience growing up

youtube.com/watch?v=zc4e-HdlhPY

Hip-hop's misogyny is hardly the worst part of the whole thing, misogyny is present in many better forms of music (such as blues), what makes hip-hop bad in its worst forms is more the celebration of ignorance

Pic semi-related as it's my favorite misogynist album of all time

@72046439
that's really edgy, mate

Top 40 music is usually sexist, racist, and materialistic. /end

This is a copypasta from a tumblr post

>Tolerant Left

Finally

are you jerking it? because I am

>the get-her-drunk mentality

what country song has this?

kys tumblr

you need to stop

Sup Forums is Sup Forums, stop pretending there's an invasion

i like the concept of rap treating chicks like sex machines

I know you want this for life
Taking pictures with all my ice
But I can't have no wife
I just want you for the night
I know you want this for life

I feel like the use of misogyny in rap became less of a conscious statement and more of a thing that people just did because they thought it was cool or something

the same thing happened with violence

it is not you misogynistic pig

basically what I mean by this is that high iq artists crafting a persona for commentary use misogyny in an (arguably) good way, and low iq artists do it because they heard a high iq artist do it and have nothing of substance to say themselves

It's in the darkies nature to be violent so we can't really blame them. What we can do is not live around them though which is our best bet

you make a good point desu

isn't there another board or 10 you can shitpost this garbage on?

Nah I think I'll stay here