Oblivion

Wow this is one of the best visual looking films I have seen recently. All the CGI is top notch and does not look fake in the slightest, the way they designed all the wreckage in those wide shots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l1h8glZfbbw
youtube.com/watch?v=GWmJUAVuhPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was planning on watching this. Is it just CGI eyecandy or is the rest decent too?

Think this movie was underappreciated, the music, photography, set the mood and setting perfectly. Story was good, nothing exceptional but interesting and fun. Tom Cruise is my Sci-Fi husbando

Tom Cruise + Sci-fi equals a good time user.

The story is really good. Has some nice twists and turns with Cruise constantly haunted by past memories.

But yes I do gotta say the visuals in this are absolutely superb. In one scene: Cruise goes off alone to some hide away location which is filled with green hills and grass - was a nice sudden different contrast compared to the dirty world I was used to (this is in the first 25 minutes so isn't a spoiler). But too the way they designed the house Cruise lives at - is just amazing.

Tom Cruise was complete fucking shit in Elysium. Put me off seeing anything else by him. What makes this one so good?

That swimming pool scene with the music and cinematography was brilliant.
youtube.com/watch?v=l1h8glZfbbw

I agree the movie was somehow surprisingly fantastic in presenting a usual sci-fi esthetic.

The whole plot about the resistance was shit though. Would have been better just for the Cruises to ruse the enemy.

Tom cruise wasn't in elysium.

Honestly it uses a fair amount of practical effects and the set design is excellent, which I know sounds like a strange compliment, but it really is. So if you like seeing that its worth checking out. The movie is worth watching on all other fronts, acting, story, action, direction, music etc etc. Although I found that the story had way too many twists thrown at you.

Honestly the one thing that stood out to me effects wise was how the Tet was seen from Earth, the way it's visible during the day the same way the moon is. It looked like they got it just right, in terms of lighting and the white color.

>Elysium
What? I never knew Cruise was in that. I've never seen that but seriously this Oblivion movie is very underrated.

Is more of a personal emotional journey and not an aliens shoot em up if that's what you think it is.

>Boring white male protagonist like it's still 60s.
Do not want

Yeah Cruise was really riding a bike and got almost injured
youtube.com/watch?v=GWmJUAVuhPY

I always respect this guy for doing his own dangerous stunts

Mate, they even brought in token nigger in the movie. And Morgan Freeman at that.

You can tell this film was really made with love and care and not rushed as so many high budget films are with 90% CGI.

Why the fuck didn't you ignore him?

The dude's fucking crazy, but that's why I love him.

Are you thinking of Edge of Tomorrow (or Live.Die.Repeat lel) or are you just stoned?

>Are you thinking of Edge of Tomorrow (or Live.Die.Repeat lel)
>implying that was bad

I sure hope that user wasn't thinking of Edge of Tomorrow. That is one of Cruise's best recent films.
>And Emily Blunt proves to be one of the best female leads

I liked it, but the terminal rape scenes were a bit much

Nah, I liked that movie myself too. Just that its another Sci-fi movie with Tom Cruise in it that came out around the same time.

I like replying to bait.
Seriously, I do. It's like a personal meme.

I feel you, bro.

>gets straight back up
>i'm alright, lol
absolutely based
probably crazy as fuck, but based

soundtrack by M83
bitches love M83

>one of the best visual looking films

Doesn't change the fact it was boring as fuck with uninteresting characters, best parts were when Morgan Freeman was on screen

I dunno. It's a good looking movie but the the plot and the characters are too thin to my liking.

>(this is in the first 25 minutes so isn't a spoiler)

Fuck you, yes it is.

Might as well just watch Moon while you're at it.

Bro, have you ever seen Sand Sharks (2012)??
that movie got some of the most amazing CGI ever

That poster is clever. If you've seen it, you pick up on the "spoilers" in it, but if you haven't they'll all go over your head.

Y'all know that it is basically Mass Effect?

The protagonist's name, Jack Harper, is the real name of The Illusive Man.

The soundtrack is reminiscent of the Mass Effect soundtrack.

he Big Bad is a giant sentient spaceship with a god complex.

Jack's rifle looks almost exactly like the Viper Sniper Rifle from Mass Effect 2. It also sounds the same with similar-looking glowing blue projectiles.

The drones resemble the Oculus fighters. The scene where the drones attack the human base is very similar to the scene near the end of Mass Effect 2 where an oculus breaks into the Normandy's cargo hold.

Nobody cares tho

yes
but the girl

how he managed to not break his neck astounds me

Shoulder and his awesome hair took the brunt of it.

Nice try, Xenu

>Doesn't change the fact it was boring as fuck
I am sorry that this wasn't a JJ fast paced action shooter as majority of Hollywood's films are.

He is a very blessed man.

I am super excited to see what stunts he does for Mission Impossible 6

I hated this movie, it's like the people making it never even played the game.

Don't forget the waifus. Joseph Kosinski is 2 for 2 in my book. He puts together some really amazing cinema.

>reading up on Rogue Nation
>actually trained himself to hold his breath for 6 minutes underwater just so it'd be a long take sequence.

World Record is like 27 BTW.

i fucking adore that man

KEK good joke

>ywn see an Elder Scrolls 4 Live Action movie with Sean Bean