If you warn someone not to come on your property or you'll shoot them...

if you warn someone not to come on your property or you'll shoot them. and they show up unarmed and you shoot them anyway. do you go to jail or not because you warned them?

american btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU
youtu.be/emmoJvpSGyw
tiltingthescales.com/2014/08/28/trespassers-can-you-shoot-em/
learnaboutguns.com/2010/10/19/wichita-falls-tx-home-invader-fatally-shot-in-self-defense/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on state laws, among other things.
From everywhere I've been, if they shows up on your property you can't just shoot them.
If they enter your home or other dwelling illegally though, then yes.

You have to prove that they were a threat to your life, which they could be while unarmed.

Just make sure there aren't any witnesses and maybe give yourself something that looks like defensive wounds.

>if they shows up
jesus fucking christ what am I 1800s southern?
I meant
>if they just show up
As in, at your front door.

Depends on the state. Florida allows you to shoot them for buying skittles and being scary.

Texas has good laws for protecting your property. If you live outside city limits and have no trespassing signs, you can shoot them just for being there

This is true.
Don't forget they also MUST be purchasing an Arizona tea or juice drank.

You can usually shoot them after a warning. It has to be non-lethal unless they're armed

Are the hoodies a requirement.....asking for a friend.

That's not true. They have to pose a threat, in any situation.

Depends on state laws. Do you have posted signs of no trespassing? Was the other person armed? Were they threatening you, or have they done so in the past? Etc..

Always have a security camera that can record to a local NVR. If they are on your property, and do anything visibly hostile, then you have the legal standing to kill them because you were in fear for your life. A local NVR is needed because it is cheaper than cloud storage, and you need 24/7 recording so that investigators can select the relevant footage. Furthermore, that avoids accusations of doctored or incomplete footage.

They aren't completely required due to white youth adopting the practice of wearing hoodies - but they do help your case in trial especially with jurors over the age of 40.

My grandpa shot a man he thought was siphoning gas. Sheriff didn't care, said he was defending his property. Dude had no gas can or weapon.

Not in Missouri - Castle Doctrine.

what state?

castle doctrine doesnt mean you can just kill people for -any- reason; it lessens the legal requirements for use of deadly force

Texas. He lives in town to. He called the cops once because he thought someone may have been stealing his gas...not sure why. Local PD told him to just shoot the guy to save them paperwork. So one night he hears someone out there so he shot them. Sherri's department were first on scene. Never arrested him and no charges even for discharging a gun in city limits.

This is america, you can chase someone down and execute them if you claim they took a swing at you

I'm from Texas too,
Anyways some kids were fucking round with a mexican farmer and he had chickens. The kids got brave and tried to steal a chicken . The Mexican shot the kid and was not arrested for it.

And with the new president Americans can mow kill someone whose gay, Muslim, Mexican, black, unknown race, poor, or if they didn't let you grab their pussy.

Castle Law, idiots. Yes, you can protect your home lethally and you will not be prosecuted.

Not a Trump supporter but no. You can't do that you idiot.

Texas has tons of cases of people defending their property. Pick any town, Google Search the town with words about shooting home invaders and you'll find stories. Even ones were the door was unlocked and some drunk just wondered in the wrong house.

Criminal Justice tells me otherwise. No such thing as a non-lethal gun shot.

Zimmerman says otherwise

Yup heard many stories like that. Texas is great.

Btw from Texas as well.

Are you a butthurt Nigger or something? Fuck off

just say you felt afraid for your life, who are they going to believe, you or the corpse?

Well said bro

Best Damn State there is. I know a guy who has a face full of buckshot because he was messing with a married woman and the husband came home. He's lucky to be alive but his face is fucked.

This is why we need anarchocapitalism, so i dont have to rely on just small arms, i can protect my property with weaponized smallpox fired from a howitzer

That's a fucking horrible idea.

Fine, weaponized SARS

Not a nigger. Look at all the "suicides" Hillary caused. If you say the right things and there's no witnesses you can kill anyone.

Doesn't SARS only kill Asians? Or does it even kill anyone?

And 20kt yield thermonuclear hand grenades

That's also a good way to keep the damn kids and squirrels off your lawn.

Also they must be bashing your head into a concrete sidewalk, and you have to be in fear for your life.

once its weaponized it should be able to infect any human, and yes an accute SARS infection kills very quickly

Combine this with a gas that eats away at biohazard protection suits and you should have a superweapon capable of protecting your and yours from anyone and anything

Local PD is fucked in the head if that's true. IF

Castle doctrines negate the duty to retreat when an individual is assaulted in a place where that individual has a right to be, such as within one's own home. Deadly force may be justified and a defense of justifiable homicide applicable, in cases "when the actor reasonably fears imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm to him or herself or another".[1] The castle doctrine is not a defined law that can be invoked, but a set of principles which may be incorporated in some form in the law of many jurisdictions.

Texas PDs are pretty scummy, im surprised they didnt offer to sell him drugs and an underage prostitute too

What the fuck does Zimmerman say otherwise about? People aren't experts in physical altercations. Niggers are dumb subhuman and often kill their victims in street fights. None of this shit would even be a question if niggers were peaceful. They're not, so things change. Fuck off either nigger or liberalscum. You're a piece of shit.

I hope your mother gets raped by a nigger you faggot.

Depends on your state. Contact an attorney. Don't get your legal advice from Sup Forums

Corpses always scare me.

If you're asking with any special interest, now that you've made this post, you'll definitely get fucked if you shoot someone.

/k/ here
depends on your state

generally the rule is that you can't shoot someone unless they are a serious risk to your life; this is almost always meaning they have a deadly weapon

courts are wildly inconsistent however
suggestion that you provoked the attacker, could have walked away (even on your own property and if they were stealing from you in many states)

suggestions that you had a motivation other than self defence are also very persuasive, make sure nobody attacks you that owes you money, you happen to hate

I have never heard trespass as a justification for defensive shooting

my advice
phone on one hand calling 911, gun in the other (this adds credence to the argument that it was an emergency, and they posed a serious risk)
yell "get back, get off my property" when you connect (so it's recorded for the court)
if they advance drop the phone and shoot them dead, but you can't shoot if they go to leave or back away, that's homicide and you go to prison
then call an ambulance
even if they have half a head, call an ambulance; because it is a great defence in court if they accuse you of being motivated by hate
don't ramble at the operator because it's going to play in court, you don't have to answer their questions
"I've got one guy with bullet woulds, the scene is safe for paramedics"

all a court hears is a 911 call "get back, get off my property" followed by three gunshots
and you picking up the phone saying "jesus I need police and and ambulance to [your location]"
then you say in court that he threatened you verbally, you thought he had a weapon, he turned up at your house to attack you, ignored your warning and you shot him

you have to be super clear about the weapon though
"I thought I saw something on his hip, it looked like a gun"
"I already had my gun drawn on him, I thought he was reaching for a weapon"
"I was armed, I couldn't see at the time why he wouldn't have backed off if he wasn't"

State by state as said numerous times already. Here in Ohio it's very illegal to shoot an intruder unless you can prove they shot you first. Otherwise you have to let the intruder do whatever they want while you wait for the cops. Knives aren't considered a life threatening weapon either. Only guns. And again, they have to shoot you first.

>Knives aren't considered a life threatening weapon
hello 911, I need the police there is a guy stabbing me

yes, he's stabbing me right now

oh and he just stole my gun

and is fucking my daughter

how long will the police be?

Yes you go to jail.. especially if you posted about it on Sup Forums first. Faggot

Texfags what city?

Pretty much. The media will defend the intruder too as he is likely to be a good church going child who was a star of his high school basketball team

>mother gets out the baby photos in court
still, better judged by 12 than carried by 6

Since knives aren't a life threatening weapon, can I hack up an intruder with a meat cleaver?
>Yes, your honor, that 120 lbs of ground chuck is the thug that broke into my home, but I can conclusively prove I never once shot him.
>No your honor, I had no idea that his name was, in fact, Chuck.

Good advice.

If the intruder hacks you up first, absolutely. Otherwise you murdered an innocent person.

I had no idea Ohio was so cucked.
Very sad to hear.

You are almost required to be dead before you have any sort of right to defend yourself.

Everything is situational OP.
Best bet, is you better just be a reasonable person with a good career and no criminal record. Also hope the other guy has one.
If you just shot him because he was annoying you and happened to be on your property, in most situations you are going to have a very tough case.
When the police show up, don't say ANYTHING except
>I felt my life was in danger
Get a lawyer

They train all correctional officers and LEOs to always say they were in fear of their life. As long as you said you were in fear that your life was in danger you could throw protocol out the window.

Fuck that, I'll stay in Florida. I have a .38 S&W and a strong desire to keep my shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU

Depends. In Texas, if he's one inch inside the property line, blast away. In Connecticut, he actually has to cross into your dwelling before popping off. As I said, it depends on the state.

sounds stupid, but a court is far less likely to make a finding against a defensive homicide where a weapon other than a gun was used

the logic being, if your weapon is shittier; you are more justified using it
>if you had a gun and he only had a knife, sou should have waited until he stabbed you first
>if he was unarmed, you should have let him knock you out and take your weapon; maybe he only wanted to rob you
it's ridiculous

>When the police show up, don't say ANYTHING except "I felt my life was in danger"
don't even say that, say literally nothing, it's not the police who are going to judge you
you don't want to say something stupid, but neither do you want the police to say "user was calm and unphased after shooting a man"
it will shake you up, you won't be prepared for it
just keep your mouth shut

just wait for your lawyer, and that's YOUR lawyer, not any old lawyer who walks in
client-attourney privileged means just that; you have to be a client

Yep same thing. Just like the bean tool want supposed to be a weapon but if they pushed you through the slot you could break their arm with it as long as you said "I was in fear of my life"

youtu.be/emmoJvpSGyw

Depends on where you live.
Here in SC you have to have retreated as far as you can into your house and they have to be posing a threat. That doesn't mean they have to be armed, but you have to convince a jury that you felt your life was endangered by this person who refused to leave you alone. You are not allowed to use lethal force to defend property, only to defend your own life or the life of a pregnant woman or child.

Some states you can't even do that, and you're obligated to flee from your own home and cannot kill an assailant under any circumstances.

No. that's retarded. In every state you need to be in danger of imminent physical harm before you can shoot anyone. In texas the laws are a little more relaxed, but simply trespassing is not enough. You would go to jail for manslaughter.

I'd suggest looking it up. Here you go:
tiltingthescales.com/2014/08/28/trespassers-can-you-shoot-em/

nobody gives a shit. get a job. go play ball. do something other than what you're doing presently.

this doesn't apply to liberals. they are only allowed to let angry "youth" bash their heads in while chanting black lives matter.

these guys

most of the time they are just straight up wrong about the law, and they DO just wind up the police even when they arn't wrong

but fuck the police, they think they can just lecture people, make up their own rules

an article from a piece of shit rag written 3 years ago. I suggest you go back to school.

you must be talking about New York City. Unless you are Jewish or are black being attacked by a white, self-defense lands you in prison.

He may have been more than an inch, and he did break into the house but the homeowner shot before he had the chance to pull out a weapon

learnaboutguns.com/2010/10/19/wichita-falls-tx-home-invader-fatally-shot-in-self-defense/

Just call the cops, if he's at your front door take a picture of him and call the cops, they'll tag him for harassment and menacing and if he does it again theyll sink him for violating a restraining order and for any violation

Yeah it's fucked uo that the city attorney said its like deliverance. Did he mean the guy was about to get raped?

Local PD in Texas would never tell you to shoot someone to save paperwork. All calls are recorded and kept on file because of TCOLE regulations and the entire department would be shut down.

Calls are recorded, when the cops are there in person there is no recording they don't have bodycams. I may have not been clear, but the first time he called the cops showed up to investigate.

I have no compassion for criminals. Break into someone's house to steal their stuff? bullet to the head. Decide to play the knockout game or go polarbear hunting? bullet to the head. carjack someone? bullet to the head.

Polarbearhunting?

Am I doing it right user? Polar bear hunting?

You going to jail son.

I think it was more of a general comment

police out on the beat arn't just doing their jobs, they feel like they deserve respect and co-operation

except then they do the wrong thing themselves, get angry when people don't co-operate, and get offended when their misbehavior sees them disrespected

I get shaken up by them all the time, it's always the same story
they ask you do incriminate yourself in some way eg. "let me see what's in your bag"
if you exercise your rights and refuse they get angry and lecture you
from that point they have lost face, if you don't comply with their initial request they will do some cowboy shit, falsify a write-up, put you in an arm bar or just push you over and drive off

>where are you going
"I'm just going home"
>where is that
give them name and address, tell them I'm not up to anything
>what's in your pockets
I don't think I have to empty my pockets out
>they search me for suspicion of drug dealing
"why would you think I'm dealing drugs"
>[silence]
they find nothing
>get out of here user, don't let me catch you out here again

the black person attacking random defenseless white people for shits and giggles game.

Like that stupid fucking knockout game where niggers were suckerpunching old men and women.

Do you file reports?

Your green text is Philly all day.