Why do people hate Little Britain that much? What about it makes them despire the show so much?

Why do people hate Little Britain that much? What about it makes them despire the show so much?

>But it's dark chocolate. You don't like dark chocolate. You say it lacks the oral ecstasy of its milky cousin.

I loved Little Britain back in the day. That was when BBC America showed stuff other than endless Star Trek: TNG and Dr. Who marathons. I miss those days. :'(

Dunno about anyone else's reasons, but I'm 25 which meant that I grew up with retards quoting it at school constantly which is enough to make you hate it over time

The jokes were funny at first but ruined by repetition.

It's very repetitive. The only recurring sketch I liked was the one where the guy would go in the shop and ask for overly specific stuff.

It's like ice cream, it's the best thing in the world if you consume it in moderation, but if you get too much of it, your brain starts to hurt.

This. It was like Catherine "Am I bovvered?" Tait, meme comedy designed to be repeated ad nauseum.

The first series was great, then the show took off and they started ramping up the catchphrases.

I agree with those saying it is repetitive. The sketches are hilarious the first time you see them, but then they just do the same joke in a different background.

The repetitions were part of what made it work. It played with the expectations.

Rock Profile was vastly superior.

According to this , let's take this sketch for example. After a series of "repeating" jokes, that one time when they subvert it by the shop owner actually having what he's asking for was brilliant.

everyone loves matt lucas. the other one is very easy to despise.

yeah right

it's a good show

relies too much on catchphrases. it's like they only ever discovered one form of humor and they're jerking it until it comes off.

Like many British comedies the catchphrases are done to death once they become self aware about them.

I actually liked Come Fly With Me because it had more variety in characters.

>Its shit because of repeating jokes

HAHA 4U HOTHEAD LEAVE PLEASE

Because it's completely realistic.

England outside London is a horror show.

5 5s confirm

Actual English person here.

It's because it is shitty catchphrase comedy.
>COMPUTA SEZ NO
>DO YOU FINK I'M BOVVERED
>BITTY
>EH EH EEEEEEEH
>I AM THE ONLY GAY IN THE VILLAGE
It is the lowest common denominator.

But the catchphrases are not the actual joke. It's the delivery.

Carol Beer is funny because she's this completely indifferent piece of shit character.
Daffyd is funny not because of his village quote but because he is a gay homophobic faggot. He does faggoty things but at the same time judges everyone else for the same shit in a tamer quality. The epitome of this is when he's at the college in the US and says "I can't have sex with a man, I am gay".

I think many people get too hung up on the memetic quotes this show makes use of. But these aren't at all the focus and main joke of the series at all.

The show's very funny.

Who hates it? I dunno

I really like Little Britain in the US, anything british going to the US like Ali G or whoever is awesome, taking the piss out of Amerifags is so fucking easy

Not enough of the frog lady.

The delivery is the same every fucking time and you know it. You can't just have the same punch line over and over again with different jokes. If it has the same punch line it is the same joke. Look at the League of Gentleman, that is how it should be done. The jokes don't have the same punch line, the jokes have similar punch lines but are ultimately distinct. Little Britain doesn't. It's just the same shit over and over again.

Well the joke is similar because the characters are complete meme characters. They are one not and never change. I don't mind it because the context matters too and the ancillary characters do a good job at reacting to these horrendous caricatures.

Have you even seen London? Might as well add an "-istan" onto the end of it and call it a day.

You got that entirely the wrong way round.

Any city or town in England is a horror show, the villages and countryside are where it's at.

The more urbanized a community is in any country the shittier it gets.

The people are what counts and outside of London it is banter central. You can call somebody a cunt to their face and they will laugh and call you a cunt back.

I will give you that most of our major towns and cities are pretty fucking terrible though.

I don't like Rebel Wilson

It's the perfect demonstration for why sketch comedy is utterly terrible. Between it and Catherine Tate, I came to believe sketch shows were inherently shit. The holy trinity of Mitchell & Webb, Armstrong & Miller and Harry & Paul are good, but I almost skipped them all due to this shit. Doesn't help that they were utterly ubiquitous for a while.

They did the EXACT same jokes every week, with a different scenario

e.g. "computer says no"

>first week shes a receptionist at a hospital
>patient asks to see the doctor
>computer says no
>audience erupts into thunderous laughter

>second week shes a check in desk assistant at an aiport
>passenger asks to check in
>computer says no
>audience erupts in thunderous laughter

some of the characters were good but it could have been about 3 episodes long

English comedy is shite.