Help me out Sup Forums

Help me out Sup Forums
This is like an $800 build. I need tips on what to improve. Don't want to break 1k. Using it just for gaming.

Intel Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card
Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA BQ 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

>buys 2 1080's to play minecraft

Fucking losers

>Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Why are you asking for help?
Do you want confirmation on your build?
You're already adding luxuries to your budget build so I'm sure you've already made up your mind on the core parts.

Sure, it's a good build. Now order the parts and stop bothering people with questions a search engine can answer.

I guess I'm asking what would you add.

I'm a consol fag entering into a world I know very little about. This setup.. could it get better with a few eXtra hundred thrown in.. or should something be switched?

I want to play.. Rome total war 2.. and battlefield. Stuff like that. But these are just numbers to me...

Spend just a little bit more and get the K version of your CPU.

Get a bigger PSU, you'll most likely want it in the future

Get nvidia. 1050 or 1050ti

What would I add?

Drop the SSD and 480 and grab a 1070. Ignore everyone else and don't change the cpu. Getting an unlocked i7 just means you're wasting your money if you don't overclock, which you won't be in the position to do. Grab at least a 750w and make sure it's good, I recommend EVGA. Swap the RAM for something from G Skill and make sure you have a good enough cooler for the cpu.

You're only making it worse on yourself by budgeting now instead in saving up. Eventually you'll want a new case, and a bigger cooler, and a mobo and cpu that can overclock. The less you spend now, the more you spend in the future. Take it from someone who's owned a 750 ti, an 8350 and a 1060 3gb, save up.

As a matter of fact, I don't see a cpu cooler in your build. My 7600k didn't come with a cooler so I don't your 7500 will, and even if it did the stock cooler is cancer.

Your whole build just screams, "I didn't do my homework, but maybe you guys did." This isn't rocket science my dude. There are videos, articles, hell even diagrams that will help you better than I or the average Sup Forums user can.

Also, check Craigslist for used 1070s. It's full of people who want to drop SLI setups and grab a 1080. That's how I got mine, just don't buy a founders edition.

the 7600k dont come with a cooler cause its unlocked and the default intel cooler wont help at all if you start overclocking the non unlocked ones do comes with a fan not amazing but will do the job

yes to the 1070 instead of the 480, but the 750W is overkill, as is the i5-7500.
Add a small SSD for the OS (120GB max, more would be wasted).
And check the rad/fan

Although valid, it doesn't change the fact that a rig like that shouldn't be using a stock cooler.

Stock is the minimum requirement, not cancer. It will work well in standard installation.

750w may be overkill, but he won't need to buy another one unless he somehow falls ass first into a powerful GPU.

A small SSD is nice, but not necessary. You can always buy one later down the road and not have it replace anything, unlike a PSU which would have to be replaced.

And of course check everything when buying used. I made sure the card ran and could ever overclock before I bought it. Maybe recommending buying used parts isn't the best idea for new builders since they don't know what to look for, but if you can find a source that you know is reliable then I'd say go for it.

>Steam said the minimum requirement was a Pentium, yet my 2002 build is lagging in cod :(((

Fuck your minimum requirement. A stock cooler is useless unless it's a short term solution. He's not making spreadsheets in Excel, I'd say that warrants something like a Hyper 212 Evo at least.

750W is overkill no matter what (well, not for a microwave oven, but you get it).
New GPU comes with less consumption at equal performance, or same consumption at better performance -- the 1060 is marked for 400W when the 760 i replaced it with was marked for 500W.

Stock is for processor use at normal speed, aka not overclocked. A 3.2GHz+Stock is largely enough for GPU-only hungry processing.

I suggested the small SSD for easier OS format/reinstall. that is indeed not necessery but a nice to have.

Why, isnt that k just for hyper threading, useless for just gaming?

The common idea amongst "gamers" (or LED sellers best friends) is that an overclocked processor is better for gaming. And a 'K' processor is most apt at that.

Oh my...

Oh my what did I just read.

Oh my
h
m
y

Get 6GB VRAM

Buying 2 1080's for anything is a waste, you only get a couple extra frames with 2 of those in SLI

I'm bored, so i'll bite: what, nothing more than that? no arguments?

That's not really true, my dude. In most AAA games, two-way SLI support is great. The only game I play that doesn't support it so far is BF1 (specifically only in DX12) and GTA seems to have issues with two-way SLI.

Build overall looks good. Maybe go with a higher quality PSU. And/or wait for new AMD GPU's. Invest in some non-stock cooling as well.