What has he actually done that is good?

What has he actually done that is good?

He's dumbed down franchises so ignorant impatiant people can enjoy them

Felicity

Cloverfield

JJ, pls go.

hes a good producer

I like the story of Force Awakens but hate how fast paced it is. It feels like a 90 minute action flick with no room for character development or proper backstory with what happened during the last 30 years.

Sure Episode 8 will explain more but the fans shouldnt have to wait 2 years for that when JJ made such an unfinished movie.

I mean: all other 6 Star Wars movies end on a closure. Lucas was great at knowing how to properly end an episode. But with JJ's Force Awakens, it ends on a cliffhanger which leaves so much unanswered.

He made a movie where MEW walks around in her underwear for 90 minutes

He co-created LOST. He shot the pilot.

Don't try and tell me that your life would have been better without LOST.

Mission Imposible 3 was pretty good. But that was just mostly because of Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Never watched it past the first season.

Absolute garbage.

Super 8

God the pacing is aweful. It doesn't feel like one coherent story. Seriously the original Star Wars had such a great build up and resolution.

Super 8 was a nice throwback to ET, and early 80s in general. Quite enjoyable movie.

I liked all the lens flare and shakey cam in Star Trek.

It was like I was in a disco off my face on MDMA

Great to know I am not the only one who thinks this

Nothing.

Alias was quite good

What is garbage was your father's semen when you've been conceived.

Lost was good. So was fringe. Wasn't he part of both of those?

Yes, I think he only produced fringe tough, he wasn't a writer like in lost.

I agree completely, Arvin and Jack were great.

I agree.

But LOST was still shit.

JJ's direction was really good.

he invented CSI my friend said

Star Wars the Force Awakens

Fringe and Person of Interest

correct

He's destroyed both Star Trek and Star Wars.

first, I don't subscribe to big man theory when it comes to films, especially modern films and franchises that actually require CITIES of human beings to make. Whole unit production teams who are in charge of filming in five international cities at once, teams of special effects computer nerds who pretty much direct all the CGI scenes themselves, the practical effects teams doing crazy shit like in Nolan Films kinda deserve most the credit for all the impressive shots, the DP crew, the second unit director(s) and of course, the moneybag fucks who have final say on what is or isn't going to happen in the first place.

That said, Abrams is a mediocre director a little above Michael Bay (not that I hate on Bay like the memefucks who populate this board - in my opinion actual awful directors are people like Breen, too much money is shoved down the production hole for mainstream directors to be 'bad' besides maybe Ewe Bol or those endless trash films that get 5 or 6 out of ten and forgotten in a week with no-name directors) I'd say Shyamalan is a better director but Abrams is about on par with Nolan.

Days of great films ended with Wolf of Wall Street.

oh looks it's the same fucking shill who posts the same image.jpg every chance he gets.

That is probably his best movie. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

>oh looks

And my qt boipucci.

>Wolf of Wall Street.
>great film

MTV, pls go.

pics?

Force Awakens, contrarians plz go

Your mom.

People think he's great but that's just because his movies appeal to the lowest common denominator. I wouldn't call any of his flicks smart or art.

>destroyed Star Trek and Star Wars
I didn't know JJ made ST: Generations AND the SW prequels

>77%

Touchè user

I don't even know why producers get attention.

That guy on the right was in the movie for what ? 2 minutes at most

Alias

Super 8

Say what you will I really liked the movie Saw

The money they pump in means they get to make decisions plot and character wise.

First 2 seasons of LOST and that's literally it. But even that is made retroactively bad by the final seasons and the magic pools of lighty goodness fluff that was the supposed payoff.

Dont get your hopes up. Looks like they are retconning the holiday special tree of life bullshit

I don't remember the names of any of these characters.

He's a producer on Person of Interest which I enjoyed a lot.

Um Bongo, M'aree Soo, Lt Pete "Maverick" Mitchell

He gave us Alias, which eventually led to evil Amy Acker in a wetsuit, which was pretty neat.

Beyond that, nothing.

Alias is faggoty shit.

Super 8

Your mom. She was good. She was real good.

Cool it hothead, nobody said it was good, just that it gave us evil Amy Acker in a wetsuit. That's a good thing.

Lost
Fringe
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
10 Cloverfield Lane
Super 8
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

seems like plenty of good stuff to me

fegit

nothing at all

he's the living embodiment of getting by with minimal talent. And being a Jew

I wish I was a jew, so I could have a career as a director in Hollywood and bang a bunch of wannabe actresses at shady parties.

The goyim life is not for me

t. muslim

I think the one general complaint most everyone can agree upon is that it doesnt have any time to breathe. The closest it gets is the one scene on the Falcon and maaaaybe the Cantina scene but that blows up really quick as well. The Falcon scene where Solo is explaining shit was the only time it felt like Star Wars to me. I enjoyed the film btw.

Star Trek 2009
Super 8
Force Awakens

Into Darkness was his main blunder.

The original Star Wars was trash, you nostalgic manchild.

Hesa good boy he dindu nuffan

>Armageddon
>Mission: Impossible III
>Cloverield
>Star Trek
>Super 8
>Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
>Star Trek Into Darkness
>Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation
>Star Wars: The Force Awakens
>10 Cloverfield Lane
>Star Trek Beyond
>Alias
>L O S T
>Fringe
>Person of Interest
>Revolution
>Almost Human

you were saying, goyim?

>Star Trek 2009

come on now

Came to post this

He wrote Armageddon and that's it. He also produced Person of Interest.

literally all glib fascimiles

turd

nothing

the correct answer

nothing, he is overrated beyond belief

t. ahmed

This t b h

Did ESB really end with closure though? I mean, TFA ended on a cliffhanger, I'm not debating that, and while what ESB ended on certainly wasn't a cliffhanger (imo) it definitely wasn't closure.

more like
>t. person with taste

seriously though JJ Abrahams owes me about $300 dollars in potential earnings for the amount of time I had to sit through both shitty star treks

shut up

he's a jew too, why are you defending him?

jew