This place sucks, recommend me good music

This place sucks, recommend me good music.

Protip:You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YxqeDUJWX9U
youtube.com/watch?v=XMEwI7xlzSM
youtube.com/watch?v=mytLkKZGfv0
youtube.com/watch?v=tXIKZtDQunQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g
youtube.com/watch?v=SN-PtfmZIO0
youtube.com/watch?v=Av5Jb52yFBo
youtube.com/watch?v=DCIj-5dAC2s
youtube.com/watch?v=2FqTa6mAaiA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Astonishing

youtube.com/watch?v=YxqeDUJWX9U

Have you tried this yet?

try this LMFAO

youtube.com/watch?v=XMEwI7xlzSM

>This place sucks
True, but it doesn't have an upvote/downvote system so it's still less of an echo chamber than reddit

there's a pretty good early modest mouse thread going on, if you're into that kind of thing

youtube.com/watch?v=mytLkKZGfv0

Yeah for starters. That entire site especially music is just atrocious on every level. I don't understand why they can't just make it not shit. It's like a 15 year old model.

Here you are

Here's some entry-level Sup Forumscore for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=tXIKZtDQunQ

why should i spoonfeed you
>>>reddit is the other way

Try this, only for the truly patrician.

>spoonfeed
the way this term is used really betrays the elitist way of thinking this board has that knowledge of music/musicians is like some sort of rank. I really can't think of any reason against sharing music other than the fear that doing so will make that musician slightly more exposed which somehow takes away from your ability to enjoy it as some sort of insider thing.

Echosmith
youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g

your favorite band

What if I don't like music?

in that case: your favorite band

Why are you replying when you should be sageing this faggot? this post is garbage, like half the posts on this board

I think it's more that if the other person isn't willing to do basic research themselves, or at least be a little bit curious, why do they deserve to have that info spoonfed to them? They aren't putting any effort into themselves, why would I put effort into them? Like there's a difference between someone going "im a pleb pls rec me music pls I'm desperate" and "hey guys I recently got into jazz fusion, I've heard miles davis and zappa, what else should I be getting into? I like the more rock oriented stuff.". One gives you no parameters and takes zero effort, the other is someone who has put the basic amount of effort into themselves that you as a person feel more vindicated in putting effort into them. I mean i rec both things as long as they give literally any parameters because I enjoy reccing things, but I can see why with certain posts they would give the same effort back that the op is giving to the people he's asking to give him music. Which is to say, none at all, and then telling him to kill himself.

*90%

This is an awful music board

i can, but it'll sink below something about 'Revolver', "when did you grow out of metal/hippity-hop" some grimes bullshit, that I see every time I come here...fuck you idiots

Yeah bro listen to this album right here

*grabs crotch*

and be sure to check out their earlier EP. It's called

*BRRAAAAAAAAP*

ok you have a point. and yes, OP's post doesn't give you anything to go by. it just that everyone on this board seems to be so obsessed with how well-known or obscure the music they listen to is that I just assume that's the reason.

and seeing that this board just has the same circular discussions about the same ~10 bands every day, and seeing how everyone here is so proud of themselves for how vast their music knowledge is you'd think they'd jump at any opportunity to share it. I don't know. i just hate this place

There is a spin-off board called musikchan where everyone not circlejerking over Sup Forumscore, poprap and waifu spam could build an interesting decent alternative... but you won't.

People share the same music over and over again because those are all albums you generally listen to when first getting into music, and Sup Forums is the single most underage board on Sup Forums (not even a meme, it's been proven countless times statistically). Generally from what i see, the people who share are newfags who just heard "this awesome new album called in the court of the crimson king" and need to share it with someone because someone said they wanted prog rock recs and that's all they had because they're new to music. The people who complain are probably disgruntled oldfags tired of seeing this shit over and over again for years. I share because I know that's a bad attitude to have, but what are you gonna do?

But yeah, the reason Sup Forums talks about the same albums over and over again is because we just have a constant stream of newfags who are just discovering music, then the "oldfags" start complaining because they've been here a year and are starting to realize the trends in discussion, then they leave and a new wave of high school kids come in. The cycle never ends, I'm just here to help those who are curious at all.

D E A T H
G R I P S

Sums it up well.

I am a moaning oldfag bored of the same old shit posted daily, sadly there is nowhere else any better.

Got a quick rundown on /classical/ for me?

what? Like why it's bad? Again, it's just avant-teens, newfags, and /rym/ crossposters. All come together to make cancer. The longer you spend on Sup Forums, the more you learn that the answer to all of 4chans problems are just newfags.

I see. Sad.

damn this might be the best hip hop album of 2017 so far

The alternative is preventing newfags from posting (somehow) which would result in no new posters and the oldfags dying off of boredom anyway, resulting in the board just dying.

youtube.com/watch?v=SN-PtfmZIO0

Well, the solution is to create a culture where newfags respect the traditions of the site and learn to post accordingly, but i think we're way past the point where that's possible. Sup Forums wanted a wild west of a site, where individual freedom to shitpost was above anything else. Well, when you allow everything, you get everything, and most of that everything is absolute garbage.

Meh

I'm a 2012fag, so I can't exactly claim elder status, but I've been on Sup Forums since 2008. I generally just don't browse here 24/7, I just lightly lurk at all times, and then every once in a while go in to post for a night. The longer you spend here, the more you hate it, so I just relieve that by not posting here all the time. Just look for things that interest you, rather than posting in every thread. If nothing interests, don't post, do other things. That's basic Sup Forums survival, if there's nothing interesting on, it's best not to post, posting will only make you rage at all the garbage.

The problem is the internet is actually pretty dull place plus wanting to discuss music, what do you do, you can't spend all day in a record store or at gigs/clubs/etc so you end up back here reliving groundhog day...

You don't have to discuss music 24/7.

rude.

I can't recommend you good music, I can only recommend you music that you might enjoy based on your tastes. Certainly you have some, so why don't you tell me so I can maybe point you in the direction of something you like?

No, but a couple hours a day would be nice and I'm past Sup Forumscore, no interest in poprap nor waifu spam, so that's Sup Forums out.

idk senpai, I usually feel like listening to music can replace discussing it. Maybe I just don't have the need to discuss one subject for hours a day. Maybe you just need other hobbies dude.

John Maus is good

youtube.com/watch?v=Av5Jb52yFBo

Julien Baker is top tier singersongwriter girl core

youtube.com/watch?v=DCIj-5dAC2s

Arab Strap make good miserable tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=2FqTa6mAaiA

I have plenty and listen to it too obviously but why are we even here at all if not to chat about music?

(CAPTCHA keeps thinking my post is spam ffs)

But music's subjective right? I mainly lurk when I browse Sup Forums since I feel I don't really know what I'm supposed to talk about.

Well yeah ofc it is

If/when there are threads about music I like I share tunes and albums, chat about their previous works, production, writing etc, it's just rare to see such threads

>OP ignoring the dozen or so music recommendations given to him so far

fuck off man, have you just made this thread to complain or do you actually want recommendations?

I see, don't remember that ever happening. I guess I'll lurk more.

Almost time for me to leave forever...

The question is, where will you go?

Nowhere... I'll just sit in the corner and talk to myself

hello

samefag
quit shilling

what?

Flu season is not a good time to go to the mall

>come to Sup Forums
>click on Sup Forums
>expect spoonfeeding
Fuck off

Also, why the FUCK does McDonald's not serve Big Macs before 11am?

Why the fuck are you eating at Mcdonalds?

Listen you pretentious fuckwit, I'm only posting here because I got banned for waifu spam on Sup Forums. I asked a legimate question and of course you vegan Sup Forums hipsters are of no use, as usual

Legitimate*

Try this

"No"

It used to be harder for newfags to post here. And when they did they were called out.

That changed when noko became auto, when autoupdating was added as a site feature, and with the prevalence of smartphones (even though I do it often, smartphone posting should be banned here)

When you make it slightly more difficult to post here, the community becomes naturally self policing, people never like when people jump the line