80s Movies

80s movies that are so bad they are great.

Or just general 80s movies, show me the best you got.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4
youtube.com/watch?v=kvpsEKSNkkA
youtube.com/watch?v=6PU3mGrjjQg
youtube.com/watch?v=FpSse2JXmHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uCYgQR5PEzA
youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24
youtube.com/watch?v=QoGoSu4NEyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also

What about this angle?

No love for 80s movies?

roadhouse

the 80s were the best time for huge, family oriented blockbusters and campy action movies that didn't take themselves too seriously, and weren't filled with grim-dark themes and forced social justice narratives.

Totally agree, not taking themselves so serious is what makes them really enjoyable for me, it's like people were just having fun while doing those movies, and that infused them with such energy

yep.

that's the movie that got me into AC/DC. the soundtrack is a great introductory course in their music.

Also gave me an irrational fear of vehicles for like a year when my asshole brother made me watch it as a kid.

80s was the best decade for movies.

haven't seen Top Gun yet, I don't know why but something akways comes up and I leave it for later... Probably will watch this weekend. What to expect?

this movie was pretty intense

fun action movie, with homoerotic overtones and a great soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4

*i meant, undertones

Good track, I have always related this movie to "Take away my breath", but this is better

One of my early faves

No era will ever surpass the fun of the 80's

Here here

Please help, there is an 80s movie that I just don't know the name. I saw it many years ago (I was a kid) so I don-t even know what it is about. But I remember some things: it was obviously from the 80s, it had to do with girls, highheels, spaceships or people from other planets wearing costums and being broadcast on tv. It was not even a good movie, it was so ridiculous it was good. Sorry for my free association cues.

underrated movie and soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=kvpsEKSNkkA

the words Venus and Mars also come to my mind but not even sure... this feels terrible

Louis Gossett Jr was the bomb in his day.

Anyone remeber this little gem

Is it Earth Girls are Easy?
youtube.com/watch?v=6PU3mGrjjQg

>undertones
>the "Playin With The Boys" segment

They knew what they were doing

This movie is so funny, no way it was meant to be taken seriously.

>PREPARE TO DIE

damn. looking at his record...raisin in the sun, officer and a gentleman, roots, enemy mine,.

i've never seen any of those, but they're really well known. welp, time to watch some new (to me) movies.

You literally could not make Zapped! today

Jim Carey. Jeff Goldblum and so on. Pretty big cast. Never seen it. Worth watching?

Thanks a lot... I was checking a big list of 80s movies already, looking only at the titles, I was in the year 1982 and this movie is from 1988. You have just saved me a lot of time.

>i've fucked guys like you in prison

agreed. so corny, and yet so good.

Enemy mine is excelent. Really enjoyed it and still do

>I used to fuck guys like you in prison

As Mike Nelson said, "What? How is that an insult? I don't understand what your prison sex life has to do with this. Do you still keep in touch with them? Did you hang around and talk afterwards or was it purely sexual?"

youtube.com/watch?v=FpSse2JXmHQ

Clint Eastwood cheese at its finest

Yeah, they even came with a tv show as spinoff

i've heard that. my best friend's wife watches it once a year with her dad as a bonding/nostalgia ritual.

"What the hell's a Du Mack"

I think Bloodsport made me gay for Van Damme
youtube.com/watch?v=uCYgQR5PEzA

Dont blame them. Its got rewatchability like most 80's stuff.

is this one in which he buys his son an antfarm?

Nok su kow

Kickboxer had its moments too. Ever watch Cyborg?

youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24

Nah brah.. its the one with Stich jones.

Stitch*

"I will now enunciate each word very clearly"

i meant to watch this a couple of years ago. thanks for reminding me.

Do it. I cannot stress how much this film will enhance your life

going on the so bad it's good theme...

crimewave is pretty damn funny. it was directed by sam raimi and written by sam raimi and joel coen (of the coen bros). bruce campbell and frances mcdormand are in it. my brother and i have quoted many of the lines to each other, since we were young uns.

WAIT A SECOND. JEWS ARE SMART!

FRIENDS THROUGH ETERNITY, LOYALTY, HONESTY

elaborate?

This movie is nonstop hilarity.

It's the perfect chick flick.

I mean that in the best possible way. Guys like it, and their girlfriends like it too. Every single time I've watched this movie with a woman, I've gotten laid.

Imagine a romantic comedy, except instead of lame comedy you have F-14s.

Thanks for the tip

>such energy

You mean cocaine?

Not exactly, but yeah, 80s were cocaine sprinkled

bad 80's sequels that were so good
>police academy 2: their first assignment
>revenge of the nerds 2: nerds in paradise
>American ninja 2: the confrontation
>jaws 3-d
>Friday the 13th part 3-d
>Amityville 3-d: the demon
>meatballs 2
>ninja 3: the domination
>breakin 2: electric boogaloo

That soundtrack

OP here, I feel bad I haven't seen any of those movies in your list except Friday 13th

Kickboxer is the first JCVD movie where he showed actual charisma. Cheeky but fun. Cyborg had potential but they killed a real likeable character in it for no real good reason. Bummer.

How has this not been posted yet?

Looks promising

...very odd choice for this thread

For what reason? Isn't a 80's thread general, besides the clumsy OP?

>tfw as a kid I thought the only good thing to come out of the '80s was me
>tfw once I grew up I realized that all the movies I loved as a kid were from the '80s
>tfw they're still fucking amazing

Escape from New York

youtube.com/watch?v=QoGoSu4NEyo

80s fag here. Yeah, Weird Science is a classic. The bar scene with all the black dudes is still one of the funniest scenes of any movie ever.

>Every damn NIGHT!?

I don't like that thing.

How is this? Is it everything you'd expect from a zombie movie from the 80s? I've been interested in this for a while but I haven't ordered it.

No Back to the Future?

I guess it's so obvious everyone just ignored it

This and Evil Dead are a must

She's into malakas Dino....

in what way is They Live bad at all. it does exactly what it sets out to

If there's one word to describe Pet Sematary it's "wicked."

I loved Evil Dead. I need to get the sequel, but I only found Army of Darkness when I was digging through the bargain bin. I don't know what it is about 80s films but they have a certain charm to them that other films don't.

10/10, must watch, legendary picture.

I also recommend Texas Chainsaw massacre 2, reanimator and from beyond.

Not intentionally bad of course, but it is a little bit corny sometimes. Don't take me wrong, I love that movie, just watches again today before starting the thread. It is bad technically speaking, acting is not that good either, there is a lack of character development, etc. But at the end of the day what makes this mivie bad makes it great, I guess the scene of the fight is the best example, it's just ober the top but still you can't stop enjoying it.

great star trek movie. this and the one with whales are my favorites.

the voyage home had a perfect balance of sci-fi action and humor.

does total recall count even though its 1990, its late 80's as fuck

im so guted that films didnt continue to be like that. and that the future was nothing like those sorts of films

Love this movie, even though when watching it as a kid meant not sleeping that night

I've seen (or saw) re- animator on netflix, isn't that some lovecraft story? I'd like to build a collection of horror films from that era too and Godzilla stuff.

their all great christopher plummer is just the right kinda retarded in 3, five has the most quotable awful shit ever, every one of them is great