Why do so many people pretend to hate Man of Steel?

Why do so many people pretend to hate Man of Steel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdckKLhIN-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because the first half was a shitty jumbled mess meandering around with random flashbacks, absurd characterizations (pa kent) and inconsistent tone

The actual fighting was GOAT though and I love watching the Metropolis fight between Kal-el and Zod

They feel threatened.

It's shit. Why?

Because apart from some of the actors doing the best they can with the shitty materiel they had, the movie is pure shite.

It starts off by trying to make Jor-El into some fucking action hero riding a dragon (!) on Krypton, and it continued in that same contrived way throughout the entire film, which of course includes the hilarious scene with Kevin Costner as Superman's dad telling him to let him die just to make a totally pathetic point...

Only part of the movie I enjoyed somewhat was the fight in Smallville (at least I think it was), the drawn out and totally tiresome fight against Zod at the end had me tune out completely, oh, I have an idea, let's crash through a building, and again, and again...

The story was something out of a ten minute fan-fiction contest with it's insanely forced plot devices.

Oh, and that fucking blue-green tint on every scene.... wtf...

People hate what they don't understand. They will race behind us, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join us in the sun, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=IdckKLhIN-E

Not enough quips. And it was too smart for their puny minds to comprehend.

You have to go back.

It's unironically probably my favorite superhero movie

It was dull like marvels amazizng spidernan

It's a terrible movie.

The plot is pointless and full of holes, the characters are dour and depressed all the time, the story makes exactly the same mistake literally every bad Superman story makes (making him an allegory for Jesus), the symbolism is hamfisted, the subtext doesn't exist, and Superman doesn't actually have a character.

It's a bad movie. That's literally all there is to it.

>The plot is pointless
Explain

Not my favorite superhero movie, but best Superman movie.

>image.jpg

>It's shit because it's shit
Hot opinions, fresh off the stove.

Again, they feel threatened.

Superman Returns is miles better

Nah Superman Returns is shit. For my it's either Man of Steel or Superman II. I'd say Superman II is more fun but MoS is more badass.

>pretend

it contains some of the worst dialogue in a big budget comic flick

Tell that to zods snapped neck

Every thread on this board is essentially the same as those "Why won't Atheists..." etc. threads on Sup Forums with the crying princess. Only, you know, shittier somehow.

Such as?

>Nah Superman Returns is shit.
Not him, but you should check out a fanedit called Superman Restored.
Usually I wouldn't recommend any fanedits, but this one is special. It might make you appreciate Superman Returns.

>dick measuring contest
>all downhill after the first kiss
>the entire awkward exchange between Ma and Clark when he returns home after the Oil Rig

I don't hate it, but it's not good. Everything about it feels uneven and mismatched.