Stranger Things Netflix Premiere Thread - Part 3

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=b9EkMc79ZSU

As of right now, here are the current season packs available online. Use the filenames to pick the release you want. NTb is the best quality so far. 4K will be available soon.

>Stranger.Things.S01.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb (25GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SKGTV (24GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SKGTV (9GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.720p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb (12GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-BTW (4GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-TURBO (2GB)

So far, Sup Forums thinks this is one of the better shows Netflix has produced, but it's not without it's flaws. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=stranger things ntb 720p&category[]=18&category[]=41
rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=stranger things ntb 1080p&category[]=18&category[]=41
twitter.com/StephenKing/status/752644182251044864
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's probably the best show to come out in a while in general

absolutely loved it

but the main problem is the story was kinda just copy pasted and I have very low expectations of a good season 2

I just watched episode 1

I didn't recognize Winona, aging is a hell of a drug

I still would

Felt this way as well. Maybe it's part of nostalgia, definitely, since it does remind me a lot of my childhood and the type of movies I loved growing up, but man I enjoyed the hell out of this.

Curius as hell as to what they'll do for S2 though. The creators said it is more of a "sequel" than a "second season".

He was great, loved his interactions with the kids and that fucking phonecall.

I really hope they don't do a timeskip and replace the kids.

Also

>mfw that female agent appeared at his door

i was ready to lose my shit

HHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Winona Ryder is a terrible actress.

>I still would

Even after you have seen her true Jewish form?

she's really cute

Just watched the whole thing in one sitting. Cinematography and music are so on point. It even got likable Charakters. Why didn't the brother get the girl tho.

Underwhelming waifus in this show.

i'm kinda hoping there's still something there between them.

Look how she's pretty much falling into the self-prophecy she told Jonathan about re: her mom and dad.

So what about 1 through 10?

Guess they need some plot points for S2

k but the husbandos are on point

Because Stephen wasn't a douche.

Dat daughteru tho

Man seeing the D&D scenes made me smile so much, really brought back memories as a kid.

I actually have friends still who play, but I haven't done it for a long time.

I just loved the scenes.

she's cute if you are literally a faggot

she is identical to a guy I know, a fully formed young adult male

Well I look like a skinny Benny so I can't really be picky

How did they do it? They did a stellar job casting teens who looked like they really belonged in the 80's and in 80's films.

Best character desu

Finished watching the entire season just now.

Fuck my ass raw, this was so fucking good. Havent felt this good about a show in a very long time.

I feel... Happiness...

Also, slutty nancy choosing steve really ruined the ending.

The teen subplot was awful. The teen subplot was awful. Nancy, especially, was a really bad character. Too wish washy. The romance was particularly bad because it's hard to believe they would act so mushy with each other when they were under stress, and the events are too recent.

Barb's death and character in general was just to move Nancy around, which is a shame since it's like no one cares about her at all, not her parents or the police, she has no other friends. No one. Not even really Nancy, because while she goes after her friend it doesn't feel like she really cares, you know. Her best friend is dead, and her final scene is boyfriend drama. Meanwhile, her brother misses his friend/crush Eleven. But the show doesn't acknowledge her death properly at all.

i clenched a bit when he drove off with those men-in-blacks at the end. so hoping they are continuing the story with these characters, because i wanna know what he was doing in the forest with the food and also what the drive was about.

having an auditions would be my guess

Is this show like twin peaks meets super 8?

It's really just like Super 8.

Honestly I thought he was a dead man when he infiltrated the base and found the portal for the first time.

Food is obviously for 11, those were eggos, werent they? Waffles or whatever. The box could be a gateway.

I was hoping for the very last scene to be 11 saying something through the walkie talkie which Mike notices and lights up like a... christmas tree.

Dunno, looks very predictable.

>government found ayy lmaos
>conducts tests on kids
>kid rages and explodes the ebil guberment
>single mother and ranger cop have sex
>not renewed for a second season

i was totally waiting for the christmas lights to blink, but then maybe that is too predictable much like Nancy ending up with Jonathan. Which, I'm impressed they didn't go with that, it still bugs the fuck out of me. But I ain't mad, just saying bravo to them.

well, you've got a few things wrong which i won't spoil other than it has been renewed.

so, well done i guess?

There aren't any ayy lmaos and it's already renewed for a second season. You're wrong from top to bottom m8

it's et, poltergeist, akira, alien, stand by me etc etc

>conducts tests on kids
>kid rages
1,5 out of 5

from couple of first I almost thought it's gonna be

>boy goes missing
>comes back genderswapped as a shorthaired girl
>various shenanigans ensue

wasted potential to be quite frank

back off to Sup Forums with you, tomodachi.

I'd say the monster is still an alien, just not a 'space' alien.

Also, was it just me, or did the cg get worse as the episodes went on? It might've just been how little they showed at first, but the last episode looked fairly meh.

>he and Joyce return to the base a second time

absolute mad man, i loved Chief so much.

I was kinda afraid that his deal with Brenner would get back to the kids somehow and they'd lose trust in him

well, boy is pregnant so there is that

Just binged all episodes in one sitting, it was very fucking good. Even though its a cancerous netflix original it was really enjoyable. The cgi was on point, the scenes were well done and the kids' acting was good too. Probably the best show I've seen netflix release. 8/10

It's a Steven Spielberg adaptation of a Stephen King story.

that fucking scene

jesus christ and then it going down the drain...yeah this isn;t going to end well for Hawkins

nancy is toptier waifu

>Stranger.Things.S01.720p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb (12GB)

where can i find this or can you just post a magnet?

>slut waifu

Fucking this
This is one of the best depictions of the game in media. You can tell it was created by guys who spent a lot of time in that culture.
Like when they talk about how it's bad to split the party.

rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=stranger things ntb 720p&category[]=18&category[]=41

i couldn't stop grinning at all the references to it. Really well done, and the kids, god damn they just seemed like naturals with those scenes.

I like it, other than the overbearing synthetic soundtrack. The child actors in particular are great, the teenagers are alright, adults are hit and miss

So is this a Stephen King story?

Where do you go with season two?

Oh and NTb 1080p is all here. Total of 25GB.

rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=stranger things ntb 1080p&category[]=18&category[]=41

That's hair and makeup actually doing their jobs for once.

Those kids are amazing actors. Such a good group. The show would have been a lot better if it had followed them more and cut out the nancy plot line

weird, rarbg was the second place i looked and it wasn there like five minutes ago

thanks

>Roll a d20 to attack
>Somehow kill it without rolling damage

Other than that it was perfect desu

>user doesn't like the soundtrack of the year

laughinggirls.png

If he was smart, he'd have crushed it at least

The way toothless spoke reminded me of how I used to speak as a kid. Poor bastard..

>I like it, other than the overbearing synthetic soundtrack
M8 please.

if you were smart, you would have noticed that he didn't see it

it was weird because he didn't seem so much to react to the actual thing, but maybe it went down too fast for him to realize what it was.

But yeah that flash of the Upside Down was intriguing, but then he returns like everything is normal back at the table. There's probably something more with him there, maybe to be explored in S2

El tries to contact the kids from the other dimension through their radios

Will gets slowly transformed into some kind of monster and his family starts to notice

Some more boring love triangle shit for Nancy

Hooper is roped into working with the government guys to protect the town from more extradimensional monsters.

All kinds of ways for it to continue, senpai.

ooooh shit im the same guy as i thought these were packs and not individual torrents

i dont like having to download 1 episode at a time

does this series only have 8 episodes so far??

This is why I'm hoping they don't age them up in S2 with a timeskip. These kids were fantastic.

I think shows like The Strain really put me off on child actors, so I had little hope for them in this, but man. Kudos to them. Loved every scene that included them

yeah S1 is only 8 episodes total

It's hilarious how The Strain's child actor was so bad that they had to recast him but the second kid they got was even worse than the first.

Yeah, I'm hoping they shit out a ton of episodes while the kids are still young.

I'm pretty sure he felt that, and knew it was happening. Or did you miss the clue of his mother noticing how odd it was that he went to the bathroom to wash his hands?

Also, no need to be rude. Despite what you think, it's a stain on you not me.

I think he was blase to indicate that it's happening constantly to him.

the second kid actor made me miss the first one so much, holy fuck.

no, but it's heavily inspired, they even throw in some references

Based on the name of the series alone, my guess is that S2 will be a whole different story

Dumb question time. I use my brothers Netflix 4k but my internet us too shit for it. If I download these when the 4k is about can I play it through any standard usb or would I need a high quality one?

First Braindead and now this. Summer's been full of pleasant surprises. Legit good show senpai. Solid performances (Ryder came off as a bit whiny at times but it wasn't annoying all things considered) nice visuals, great writing, good music and it didn't treat you like an idiot. It was a little clichéd but it was so well executed that I didn't mind. My only gripe was that they didn't show Hopper carry Barb's body to our dimension and I really hope he did but that's a nitpick. It was so comfy and self contained that I don't even care if we get a second season or not. I will watch it, but I won't rage if it doesn't happen. The show did a great job explaining things while leaving just enough unanswered to make sure you come back once season 2 airs. A solid 8/10

I don't think you know how the horror series or tv shows work

he gagged and it slimed out, he didn't look at the sink bowl while it was there, he did not react accordingly if he did indeed notice it

>p.s. he didn't see it

are you so fickle that you can't take the exact same insults you have thrown at others ?

thankfully, S2 was confirmed yesterday

Also fuck, i was so sad about Barb, the opening scene of ep 3 was heartbreaking

What was with all the Steven King references? Did JJ Abrams have something to do with this?

Well, Stephen King was definitely a major part of that time what with the movies and books and all. His name is one that comes to mind when I thnk of my childhood and that type of stuff.

>I don't think you know how the horror series or tv shows work

Funny, I was just thinking the same about you.

Also, good to see Stephen seemed to like the series

twitter.com/StephenKing/status/752644182251044864

It's so fuckign good but it's so fucking bad.
Kids acting is pretty bad at times and the dialogue literally made me laugh, but it's just so damn fun. Nostalgic! Sci-fi mystery! Small town with big secrets! CHILD FRIENDS FIND A NEW FRIEND WHO HAS STRANGE POWERS I LOVE THIS FUCKING SHOW SO MUCH.

This guy reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on who.

Nobody else thought of Silent Hill?

How could he fucking miss a fucking pickled sized slimy slug coming up his throat, look he is even looking into the fucking sink.

>You will never help rescue your friend from an extradimensional alien monster while also helping a psychic girl evade sinister government agents during the midst of a coming age story

Barb and Benny, man. I was so fucking sad. Satisfied the writers weren't afraid to kill people off though.

The Upside Down World definitely reminded me of it.

nice bail out response retard, looks like you can't prove me wrong

don't cry in your pillow tonight jennifer

The guy from chronicles?

Young Kevin Bacon

>tfw you're an awkward cuck but the guy cucking you thinks you're cucking him.

i got SH vibes from the Upside Down, definitely. I think they did a great job with showing that world.

just wish there was hints to more than one monster...but then again that ending with Will makes me think there could be more soon

>that defeated, scared look

Poor Will, man.

Benny was great too! God damn it, I knew somethign was up when that nice older lady showed up but I though hmm, maybe they wouldn't do that.

I was actually worried they would make Benny's suicide tie to Will's disappearance like they frame him for it.

?

Is it from the 80's?