Will we ever see another adaptation of this?

Will we ever see another adaptation of this?
Why not another miniseries, just done right?

Other urls found in this thread:

kat(DOT)cr/needful-things-extended-avi-t8268947(DOT)html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is not a single good Stephen Kings movie adaptation.

That's why they should make a miniseries

a full series would also work,

season one, introduction of the characters + first week of the capt. trips spreading.....
season two, shit hits the fan + the dreams start
season 3 + gatherings in boulder and vegas
season 4 + buildup on both sides + harold and nadine blow the comitee to kingdom come
season 5 + the long walk and the finale

you have much more time when you make a real series out of it.... like the background of trash or lloyd + the traveling of trash with the kid etc..... also frans realtionship with her mom, or why larry is pretty fucked up....

>Implying the 1994 ABC Stand miniseries wasn't the greatest adaptation of a King work.

The Shining movie was better than the books desu

Stand by me GOAT
Silver bullit
70s Carrie
70s tv salems lot

70s salems lot? srsly? it's utter crap

my list:
stand by me
carrie (de palma)
shawshank redemption
green mile
the mist
shining(kubrick)

Love it for some reason. Maybe just nostalgia, they just got the vibe right

And yeah, shawshank.

Have you read shining sequel? Actually fantastic. For once he had a decent ending

What is Shawshank
What is Green Mile

I fucking give up on you cunts.

>Have you read shining sequel?
thanks for the hint, i didn't even know there is a sequel!

but people who like those movies go to that other site which shall not be named.

You dont want us to think you are from there , do you?

Can we skip to the part where we argue about the six man train that was run on a prepubescent Beverly in the sewer, like all King-posting goes?

Misery is awesome. The Shining is better than the book. Green Mile was pretty great, too.

>tfw no adaptation of 1994's Insomnia.

Why is Derry so fucking comfy?

Lets talk about the coke fueled Maximum Overdrive instead.

Hey the coming Dark Tower adaptation should be right up your alley!

What's that cover suppose to be?

Is that the Trashman?

It's an enemy stand.

yes goyim be sure to enjoy an african american in the lead role

It's literally God and the Devil.

The first had some pretty great casting. Except for Harold, total miscast.

I'm boycotting this as hard as the ghostbusters reboot.

stop blackwashing inherently white roles

Shawshank Redemption
inb4 reddit

There was a four movie adaption in the works a couple years ago. Strangely enough, Matthew McConaughey was rumored to be cast as Randall Flagg. He was later cast as that same character for the Dark Tower, so I'd say there might still be something brewing. If the Dark Tower is a success and a Stephen King cinematic universe kicks off, I'd be we'd see it sooner than later.

>Love Randall Flagg as a villain
>Excited that he survives in the extended edition
>Super hyped when he shows up in Dark Tower
>He's gonna be the ultimate bad ass of the whole universe
>Eaten by a baby spider
>mfw

>What's that cover suppose to be?

Artistic liberties trying to make a pleb novel look deeper than it actually was.

I re-read the book last year and re-watched the miniseries.

Overall I think the miniseries was pretty faithful to it. The things that are cut are, mostly, not important. About the only thing that bothered me about the miniseries was how Harold's character was trimmed down and made pretty one-dimensional. The note he leaves when he kills himself is also ironic because in the book he writes the same note but then throws it away because he feels it tries to absolve him of the responsibility of what he did, when he actually wants to admit his guilt and apologize.

You know, when I read the book again I actually felt that it was too short. It's not until that last quarter or so that you start to get to know more of the people in Vegas, but then the they are all dead a few chapters later and the story is 95% over.

I kind of think the book could have gone on way longer after that. Probably showing Flagg actually start to achieve his ends, nuking Boulder and scattering them, only to be cast down by his own followers. I think that would have fit the optimistic outlook the story ultimately has.

>You know, when I read the book again I actually felt that it was too short.

You are the first person in history to say that.

The Mist, you faggo.

Just watched it again a couple of weeks ago. Glorious abomination

Shawshank Redemption you pleb

I think the Stand and It are both fine adaptations.

I like the Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile, but I haven't read those stories.

Oh, and I did see the extended, uncut edition of Needful Things when it aired on TNT years ago. I remember liking that a LOT, but the theatrical release of it, and the only version you can find anywhere, is not that great.

Honestly, the story went by pretty fast for me. I think the whole novel flows by quite fast. Like I said though, I think the story actually ends a lot earlier than it needs to.

Biggest piece of shit ever

Well that's what you get with a King novel, he is incapable of writing satisfying endings.

Thinking about reading IT because I really like the idea of kids getting together and stopping an eldritch abomination.

is the group dynamic anything like the kids in stand by me?

So Sup Forums, 「BABY CAN YOU DIG YOUR MAN」or 「DON'T FEAR THE REAPER」?

>Idris Elba
>American

Well Don't Fear the Reaper is an actual song, so that one.

Yeah the kids are pretty tight knit, sticking up for each other, and each fills their own kind of role so in that way it is similar to Stand By Me.

It's a good book. Long but good.

In the story there are a couple visions of what Flagg wants, which involves him riding his army across the US, sweeping east, and burning everything. I think King should have had that happen.

Have Larry, Glen, and Ralph die in Vegas... but no nuke. They just get crucified. However the spectacle of that, and then Flagg nuking Boulder and letting Traschan Man set fire to large swathes of the US starts to turn more of Flagg's followers against him.

He shoulda' let me finish his book.

awesome, thank you

I don't know, the whole idea was that Flagg's followers were all inherently evil which is why they were called to him instead of Granny. The idea of them rebelling against him goes counter to the whole point of the book.

>It's a good book. Long but good.

Half right.

It's long. Can't dispute that.

>outbreak part of the stand
good
>rest of it
shit

The shining isn't quite a king adaptation, the truth of the matter King despises Kubrick's film and has gone on record saying so multiple times.

I disagree but respect your opinion, mummy monster lady.

I sure wouldn't say it was too short, but I probably could have stood another 500 pages. Book is max comfy.

>I don't know, the whole idea was that Flagg's followers were all inherently evil

No, that was never the idea. The idea was that people went to Flagg because they feared his wrath.

Hell, the only two characters we get "POV"s of, Lloyd and Trash, are anything but purely evil characters. They are both quite understandable and sympathetic. When Larry, Glen, and Ralph get to Vegas we see even more of this as the guys they wind up interacting with again (some of them) seem like decent, but frightened people.

People in the book had mostly dreams about Flagg and Abigail.

Another reason people go to Flagg is that he runs his society in much more ordered way and so has power and services restored very quickly, and that draws even more.

In the book everyone knows a showdown is coming and many, maybe even most, are betting that Flagg will be the winner.

1408 was a pretty good adaptation of a King story.

I only don't care about this because The Shining is objectively one of the worst books I've ever read. His drunkenness is so incredibly apparent.

Hey Stephen King fags, can you help me out with something?

When I was a kid I remember my parents watching a mini series based on a Stephen King book. I think it was about evil coming to a small down and everybody dying, but the part I remember the most is the climax which involves a lengthy courtroom battle between the evil guy, who I think is revealed to be the devil, and the prosecutor who I think is revealed to be the angel Gabriel or something? It's all really fuzzy in my head.

It sounds like the stand, but I wanted to get a positive ID before I watch it again for nostalgia.

*Small town, sorry. Also I'm pretty sure it was on network tv like NBC or something

That is definitely not The Stand and I can't recall any King series like that off the top of my head.

Other than not covering chüd/ the turtle / it being a space monster/ the town being built around IT/ some more of the childhood dealings with the monster this. Most of what was missing wasnt plausible to be covered when the series was done let alone on a major tv station in 1990.

>Americans are so fat standing up requires a miniseries

I wanna say Needful Things, but don't remember a court scene. I also wanna say Salem's Lot, but no court scene there either.

See Needful Things anyway. Awesome movie, very King-ish in execution.

The chud/turtle stuff felt tacked on in the book. It really wasn't necessary and was just weird.

Also people criticize the spider in the TV version, but you know what? That's pretty faithful to what's described in the book. I'm sorry, but even the book I felt that King went a little too far in describing the physical form of "it" and he described a spider with silvery fangs dripping venom.

He should have been more vague.

I say leave out the Turtle but include at least a little bit more about IT's history. Maybe include the flashback scene where the meteor lands and talk about the other IT incidents at some point just to really solidify the idea that It's something older than we can know.

The Turtle is fucking stupid.

What's wrong with the current one?

Does the scene on the cover happen at any point during the book?

No, it's a metaphor.

>See Needful Things anyway. Awesome movie, very King-ish in execution.

The extended (which I believe is like an hour longer than the theatrical release) is the only version worth seeing. However I don't think you can find it anywhere because of rights conflicts stopping it from ever being put on DVD or Blue Ray.

It's only ever heird on TNT years ago.

...and no, there is no court room scene.

>He should have been more vague.

Shoulda stuck with a clown, you mean.

Thank you kindly Stephen King fags, I will keep searching. It might not have even been a Stephen King adaptation.

>I say leave out the Turtle but include at least a little bit more about IT's history. Maybe include the flashback scene where the meteor lands and talk about the other IT incidents at some point just to really solidify the idea that It's something older than we can know.

They do mention its history in the mini-series and directly show it at the end when you see all the bodies in its lair.

Showing the meteor would be dum. It just isn't necessary.

They mention it but only briefly and they don't show any of the scenes. So the audience is left thinking "Well it's kind of old" when they should be realizing it's existed since the beginning of time itself. For me that was one of the coolest things about it, just the raw scope and power of IT. The series leaves it as a generic boogyman.

kat(DOT)cr/needful-things-extended-avi-t8268947(DOT)html

what are the steven king books worth reading?

I really liked The Long Walk

>what are the steven king books worth reading?
none

In terms of the physical appearance of it? Yes.

However at the end when they confront what's beneath the clown, he should have just been vague.

I don't know, I'm not a famous author, but rather than describe the creature itself I'd just describe how it moves and mainly how it makes the characters feel to look at it.

Just describe it as an indistinct but dark shape, scrambling down from its lair. A jerky, angry movement seen only in the corner of your eye, in your imagination, even as you look right at it.

Do you ever have that feeling where you see something move out of the corner of your eye and it startles you? That's how I'd describe looking at the true form of "it".

rose mcgowan is a pretty good standalone.

i enjoyed the dark tower series for the cheese that it was

I enjoyed the Stand a lot.

Needful Things is quite good too, though in re-reading it there were two scenes in the book that I didn't like (mainly dialogue in one of them).

I recall really enjoying "The Langoliers" short story as well.

I loved "It" when I read it, but that was years ago.

Cell was enjoyable as well.

Read the other Bachman books. Running Man and Rage are both probably the best (The latter you won't find in any bookstore anymore sadly).

Otherwise 11/22/63, Desperation/Regulators, and Misery are my favorites.

Desperation/Regulators were really good

Extremely underrated books, sadly I almost never see anyone talk about them. Desperation had a mediocre film adaptation, Regulators would never see one just due to the concept being a little too weird I think.

I read those and loved them.

You know, the problem with the Desperation TV adaptation was it mostly literally translated the book to the screen word for word. Which was just boring to watch. Film/tv and text are different mediums. Translating them directly doesn't work.

The Langoliers has that problem.

Completely right about that. King is very wordy and directors need to learn to condense and convey some of the ideas another way.

lol yes there is. Shawshank and Stand By Me being prime examples. King has even said stand by me was a near perfect adaptation and his favorite.

>inb4 I didn't call it the body

btw I forgot misery. it's a good adaptation. as is green mile.

Green Mile is easily the best adaptation. Doesn't cut anything out, casting and acting was perfect. Michael Clark Duncan's last speech to Tom Hanks still kills me to this day, it's just so genuine.

are you retarded? the mist movie is awful and the movie ending isn't even the same as book. shut the fuck up

i liked the long walk too. read in high school.

fav for me is Duma Key. God dammit I love Wireman. best character and max comfy.

GUYS I FOUND IT, IT WAS A STEPHEN KING STORY!!!!

It's called Storm of the Century, it's a made for TV movie. Oh man I'm gonna get comfy and watch this later. You guys should check it out, it's good.

Also, not a courtroom drama. Town Hall. My bad.

Because it was better than the books like I stated. Are you okay?