What the fuck is wrong with your political system?

What the fuck is wrong with your political system?
Why is it so complicated?
Why is it so hard for you fags to have a government for more than a year?
What's all this bullshit about alliances before elections?
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

>What the fuck is wrong with your political system?

ahahaha look whos talking

>executive branch (president, vice president, chief of staff)
>congress
>senate
>supreme court
>whoever gets a majority votes in a state gets all of the electoral votes in that state, whoever gets the most electoral votes wins the presidency
>governors are the highest elected officials at the state level
that is literally 100% of what you need to know about the US political system m8, not hard to grasp

>72068633
you don't get it. italy is on another level. laws can hardly get passed because of their system, and those idiots voted no on a measure that would simplify it

Because of communist influences in post WWII.

>63 fucking governments between ww2 and early 1990's
The U.S. ain't great, but it's a hell of a lot better than this shitshow.

Kinda reminder me of our 4th Republic

Mussolini was right.

Question. Why do you elect a president if you elect a first minister? The president has no powers so why not just have a first minister?

Again, communist influence in our republican consitution: all the other parties wanted the direct system but not the commies. Since they feared a commie revolution and the italian entry into soviet sphere, they created this idiot senseless system. And for some strange motivation Eisenhower agreed with our new system

>Why is it so hard for you fags to have a government for more than a year?
It happens when you have more than two parties and those parties are full of italians so they argue all the time, split, rejoin, split again etc
The president is not elected, it's just like a flag-bearer that occasionally checks that the government isn't doing something crazy and gets to pick a few constitutional judges and senators for merits (which is dumb but whatever)

Hate the guy. But I can sympathize with his frustrations.

We haven't had a prime minister for more than a year for a while now tbqh

>all the other parties wanted the direct system but not the commies
But that's wrong. Everyone reviled at the proposal of a direct system, even the DC

Mind your own business, fatty

Remind me, did you vote for Kang or for Kodoss?

This. There is invariably corruption and corporate influence but purely on paper the American system is brilliant in both its simplicity and its excellent application of separation of powers and checks and balances. Unlike for example the Netherlands, the executive and legislative are truly separate as they both depend on independent democratic mandates.

Based De Gaulle. I still don't get why France has both a president and a prime minister though. They're only one retarded step away from having a system as excellent as America's.

Euro-commies hate direct democracy, that is why in Finland and many other Yuropoor countries politicians have slowly degraded presidential powers turning them into glorified figureheads.

Things were easier when it was only DC vs PCI

>whoever gets a majority votes
…and what if noone gets a majority? Unlike the US, a lot of other countries don't have two party systems, ya know…

when you dodge taxes you feel no guilt for this exact reason

Actually we have a division between the head of state and the head of government that always each to hold power and have an impact.

>…and what if noone gets a majority?
America has smaller parties, you know. Between the Libertarians, the Communist Party, the Nazi Party (yes, America has a literal Nazi party. You triggered, Kraut boy?) and independent candidates it's not unusual for a presidential candidate to win an electoral district with for example 48% of votes.

The problem isn't that there are only two parties in existence, the problem is a FPTP system DE FACTO results in a two party states because a lot of people feel they "waste" a vote on the smaller parties (even when voting for congress).

Germany too has this to a lesser extent, being the only country in the world where you need to have at least 5% of the votes to have your party represented in the Bundestag. No other country has this barrier to entry.

I always wondered too. So I looked into it once and apparently most Italians just don't really care about it. Paternalism and patronage runs deep in Italian politics, and nobody gives a shit if some media mogul just hands out cabinet positions to their cousins and brothers. Corruption is also rife in Southern Italy because of union and mafia connections.

Two chambers with equal powers but elected in different ways, so that it's hard to have a stable majority in both. The only person who managed it in the last 20 years is Berlusconi.
>Why is it so complicated?
To stop communists from getting into power after WW2. Of course, this isn't a problem since 1989, but all three attempts made to reform this have failed.
>Why is it so hard for you fags to have a government for more than a year?
See answer to question 1.
>What's all this bullshit about alliances before elections?
We have too many parties for any one of them to hope to have a majority of seats in both chambers. Coalitions are formed do that parties can agree on a common government program before an election.
>Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
Not me. I voted to change this three months ago, but 60% of voters disagreed.

>You triggered, Kraut boy?
Literally shaking right now

I know it's not a two party state by law, I'm not *that* stupid. What matters is the effect on the election process.

I was hinting at OP's point about alliances. When there is no clear majority, FPTP solves this by chosing the largest minority. Effectively, winning with 48% is still acceptable, but more drastical results are definitely possible. For example, it would be extremely unwise for a party in a FPTP system to split up as it would result in a clear victory for the other party(s) – without any greater change in the electorate's preferences.

A sane solution to this is forming coalitions, thus forming a government that represents a majority of the voters.

>A sane solution to this is forming coalitions
Counterpoint: France. It has proportional representation and no electoral college, yet coalitions do not exist there in the same sense as in Germany or the Netherlands. The big difference is that their president is directly elected. He doesn't need to have the majority of the Assemblé behind him, and if Le Pen wins the coming elections we'll even have a situation where the majority of the Assemblé utterly hates the incumbent president. This is a good thing, as it encourages the two powers to limit eachother (rather than fusing into one and defeating the point of separating powers in the first place).

In all honesty, I didn't even look at things from that direction before. When looking at parliamentary elections, I think that my point still stands about FPTP not being the really favorable system – but for parliamentary elections alone, there is no necessity for forming coalitions.

So having the president is part of your checks and balances? If in the event the president did find something wrong what powers would they have to correct anything?

The figurehead thing I get for the UK. It is the tradition of a royal family in a modern age when the people still govern through an elected PM. But this whole afraid of democracy thing does make sense. If you don't want a real president but then give so my power to a First Minister it still defeats the point.

>So having the president is part of your checks and balances?
Yes, at least in theory since he's elected by the people he's supposed to check, if a party that wants to do something undemocratic is elected by a wide enough margin he's useless
>If in the event the president did find something wrong what powers would they have to correct anything?
Fire everyone and call new elections

>all these westerners complaining that their voice echoe in their political system
>ywn know that feel when the leading party changes.

AKP has either been in power, or was obviously going to get in power for most of my life.Most of the youth here have no idea what it is like when the leading party changes.The opposition have ALMOST never won any votes since 10 years