What did he mean by that?

What did he mean by that?

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/11/box-office-ghostbusters-should-be-allowed-to-bomb/#cb5c3b060c57

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
pastebin.com/raw/PDkN6V4u
youtu.be/clGuYPcim-g
youtube.com/watch?v=G9QtSHisdtA
web.archive.org/web/20150327192123/http://www.independent.co.uk/student/istudents/white-men-should-never-hold-elected-positions-in-british-universities-again-10138945.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WAIT IS THIS MOTHERFUCKER BACKPEDALING NOW?! GARGAMEL LOOKING MOTHERFUCKER!

Reverse psychology. He wants us to go see the movie, but it wont work.

They remembered who keeps them in business.

>I'm going to be YOUR ghostbuster tonight ;)

>While I am rooting for the film and would love for it to prove the naysayers wrong, there is a difference between my hopes that it will be a big hit and my fears over what will happen if it’s not. Paul Feig and Katie Dippold’s Ghostbusters has a right to be every right to fail without it being used as evidence that the notion of female-driven big-budget fantasies is inherently a bad idea.

most important part

I agree. It should happen over and over until studios learn their lesson for a few decades.

Why does he think this is about ALL movies with female leads? Even the people who hate it for the gender is because they feel it is forced politics, not because they hate female movie characters.

>they are giving already

kek

> i cover the film industry
why is he covering a flick?

>HEH WOMEN ARE FUNNY DEAL WITH IT MANBABIES LOL
>S-so what if it bombs? That just p-proves...it....well......*hangs self*

>studio level SJW keep blowing money on agenda-filled films
>never learn and keep flopping until they're all bankrupt
>mfw commercial darwinism

No way, all the male feminists and neckbeards will take their dates to see this movie!!!

wait, it's bombing?

>Mendelson

spectacularly

What numbers expected for a Ghostbsuters film?

17 million combined for fri+sat. Will likely have an opening weekend of less than 25 million. And that is without real competition. Next week will kill it.

Thursday/Friday ticket sales weren't too hot, 17M total and lots of empty theaters. Similar performance from other movies resulted in a final box office gross of like 90M at worst and 400M at best, but Ice Age and Star Trek come out next week and Suicide Squad comes out a few weeks after that which might kill whatever legs Ghostbusters may have had. It also won't get a China release.

Paul Feig himself said this probably needed to gross like 500M to make the studio any kind of real money. He may have just been saying that hoping it would get people to see, but that's not too out of this world in this day and age with out of control marketing budgets that aren't included in the listed budget. At this point I'd be surprised if it even recoups the listed budget, but I guess we'll see what happens when BoxOfficeMojo updates.

It needs to make $500 million just to break even. It has not even broke the hundreds.

That's Hollywood accounting bullshit.

>I MEAN... 3.4M IS GREAT
>I MEAN.. WELL, IT ISN'T THAT GREAT
>WHATEVER WHO CARES IF IT ISN'T GREAT
>DOING BAD IS GOOD!

>GamerGate has harassed people
>GamerGate has murdered people
>GamerGate has destroyed movies

I hope you faggots are happy.

>That's Hollywood accounting bullshit.

That's straight out of feig's mouth, and he's too stupid to lie.

Feig said it himself. Cnn just said He blew his brains out so i think we won.

I'm elated

the millions of americans seeing (or not seeing) this movie have no idea what gamergate is and were probably never aware of any controversy over the film in any case
people just don't want to see it

can someone post a pastebin, I refuse to whitelist those faggots from adblock..

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

But the budget is $144 million, how is that possible?

tl;dr for me since I don't want to follow on a clickbait title

Is he saying the people who were championing it should allow the movie to bomb because it is bad and not worth their efforts?
Or is he saying Hollywood should give it a free pass even if it bombs, and keep making movies like that anyway?

budgets dont include marketing costs

pastebin.com/raw/PDkN6V4u

The tl;dr is he's saying even if this movie fails and is bad it shouldn't be used to determine whether women should star in summer blockbusters because there are a ton of male led summer blockbusters that fail just as badly and worse (john carter, lone ranger, pan etc)

144 mil is the what they used to make the movie.

user, they had a Presidential Nominee shill this turd; they spent a lot of money on advertisements

$144 million in production but they went all out for advertising so with that included it's probably $200-250 million with both advertising and production included.
then the studio only gets like 50-75% of ticket prices (more on opening weekend and less and the run goes on), meaning it has to make anything from $400-500 million at the box office to recoup all costs. Feig himself pegged the number at $500 million global

marketing costs, and they only take like half of ticket sales

so if they sold 500M worth of tickets, the studio will get 250M ish

Aside from the marketing costs, which aren't currently published but could be anywhere from $60m on up, the studio doesn't get a full cut of every ticket sold. Depending on the theater it could be 70%, it could be 50%.

They basically fucked up by going so negative. A lot of people were crying about how feeding that negativity or trolling was going to make this a success, but they were thinking in very small terms that effect internet culture and little Kickstarter projects that maybe reach a couple hundred thousand dollars. We're talking hundreds of millions here. Crybaby cash doesn't stretch that far in the real world.

sorry, that first sentence is a trainwreck but you get what i'm saying

I'm positively giddy.

>It's the summer cult-classic manbabies were too scared to see

>Damage controllers will call it lepic film xD

thanks famalam

I just bought a ticket to another movie and went to see it. Everyone else should do the same.

Warcraft made all that money in China and probably still won't break even

>Wanting to sit in a spooky abandoned theater because nobody else is there.

I'm not a brave man.

>implying gamergate would have any influence on the general population's opinion

>"Ghostbusters" shouldn't be allowed

Fixed

I laughed out loud.

Is GamerGate the Jews of the SJW?

Feminists specifically.

White males is for SJWs.

юIf the film bombs, the conventional wisdom will be that it will make it harder for more of its ilk to get green-lit. No, I don’t mean more big-budget nostalgia-driven franchise reboots. I mean more big-budget blockbusters starring women. What is actually “at stake” is the still insane notion that women are box office poison.
What?
WHAT?
W H A T?

WTF is he talking about? Women sell tons of movies every year. Women MCs do.

>Trump will use Ghostfloppers as a debate point
May kek will it

>What is actually “at stake” is the still insane notion that women are box office poison.

Yes, people definitely shouldn't want what they want. They should want what you want.

There is a big difference between a main cast that includes women in prominent roles, and a main cast with women in ALL prominent roles. The useful idiots shilling this film refuse to differentiate between the two.

sony expected a canada and u.s opening day earnings for 45 million if I'm correct.

He already has.

Women are box office poison though.

I hope people follow this fucking example and maybe realize that the people who are going to make them money are the people who like good movies instead of a diversity filling quota on a big screen.

Opening weekend, not opening day. Opening day is not normally a big deal.

>Mendelson
BAD JEW!

It's like Star Wars didn't come out seven months ago.

OY VEY
DELETE THIS, GOYIM

This please.

yeah the investors will be happy with a pocket full of social progress instead of money

And this.

>Based China slapping down this blatant piece of Chaos worshipping propaganda

Hot damn.

Oh God, they've already started to rewrite the narrative.

What about that solid 3.4 Million?

wait what?

A word of advice for Leftist filth: Try helium and a garbage bag, it'll hurt way less than hanging yourselves.

(((SOLID)))

youtu.be/clGuYPcim-g

KEK

really makes you think....

Our god emperor really knows us

Wow, I knew all this hate was coming from racist sexist bigoted republicans, this is just proof

You fucks are the reason our society is regressing. What's wrong with an all female ghostbusters? You're the reason women get paid less than men, if you'd stop treating them like shit maybe they could catch up

This man fights for you, Sup Forums
He's even appreciates our memes
youtube.com/watch?v=G9QtSHisdtA

Is this a fake article?

This can't be real, even liberals can't be this stupid.

Let's have a moment of silence.

bait

no thanks, I don't fancy going to a screening.

These people are already backpedaling.

Who wants to bet that there will be a whole host of articles next about GB's under-performance being a GOOD thing.

I can't wait until Monday when the tears begin falling and we're all decried as evil misogonerd babies for not throwing our money away.

>if the movie stinks don't go

tweet this to paul feig

JUST

What's wrong with that old dude's hair?

HIGH ENERGY

Erik Kain is based, but everyone else sucks at forbes.

Yeah it's real, but the Independent pulled it after like a day.

web.archive.org/web/20150327192123/http://www.independent.co.uk/student/istudents/white-men-should-never-hold-elected-positions-in-british-universities-again-10138945.html

don't want to take the blinders off the horse.

Another board joins the Trump Train.

I wish bait was better on this board.
good bait is like an infection, it promotes (ideally) a reasoned and lethal response that shuts down said bait and then can be utilized in real world scenarios when encountering Imperial Leftists in the wild.

get better so we can get better.

It's probably better than yours

Also he hasn't changed it since the 60s

Of course, but saying anything negative about it, regardless of how valid they may be, means you hate women.

This cant be real.

>SLOP after 30 minutes
that can't be real

Yeah, this movie sucking ass doesnt mean there shouldn't be more movies with women. Instead I think they should either make a quality movie starring women, or stop trying to shame people into watching shitty movies.

proof?