So all caught up on Preacher

So all caught up on Preacher...

This is really meh I mean interesting but meh at the same time. Preacher has the power that rivals God but all he can do is use his voice?

Also I remember when this was announced Sup Forums was flipping their shit that a black girl was cast, but she's actually one of the better actors.

What do you guys think of preacher so far?

Just started reading the comics and a little sad that they didn't keep the 80's hairstyles

>Also I remember when this was announced Sup Forums was flipping their shit that a black girl was cast, but she's actually one of the better actors.

Are you joking, she's terrible, and she has terrible material to work with as well!

Name one good scene she was in!

Where she was getting fucked by the vampire

Even Gilgun had to carry her ass in that what little there is, bony ass bitch

go to hell euguene

Alright... I agree she is pretty horsefaced in most scenes and is very stiff even while getting plowed

I wonder if hells frozen over in the show too

She has a tight ass man

I found it interesting with a dark vibe sometimes like the quincannon cow sounds and paintball Hunt thingy

They have a nice soundtrack and average Actors but based Cassidy is stealing the spotlight from Dominic and I hope he fucks the single mom too cause Jesse is a cuck asshole

80s hair styles would make the show too dumb looking

I like it but maybe they should gave Jesse more ground and weakness hes too damn ignorant most of the time

Same thing to Tulip shes literally a crazy hoe

I dislike the main antagonist at the moment being the land guy

Angels are GOAT right now

From what I understand he believes in a meat God that appears later so thats why he doesnt became a christian

nah, he just fucks meat.

I love it. Best show on TV right now.

Lol im dumb

Then why didnt the genesis work on him?

That's not saying much when the competition is Supernatural, GoT, and The Walking Dead

idk, plot armor to cause drama?

Because he obviously worships some other idea of god that isn't the Christian one. Jesse at times is either too vague with his commands or those listening take it literal, it's pretty much a verbal midas touch.

>Mr. Robot

yeah, no

Because you have to understand the command. He doesn't know what it means to worship God

He said serve God? Idk why Jesse is so dumb with his power

Yea thats what I thought..when he talked with the governor or whatever he seemed determined and faithful to something

Being amc probably

>I'm a desensitized millenial who has watched people be burned alive on live leak
>so this is meh
>I grew up on video games that blew out my ability to track a plot
>so this is meh

Pls die

he serves god

god is an asshole whos fucking with jesse

it kinda makes sense if god is the same as the comics

It is meh though

The over arching story is Jessie coming into his faith and accepting the demons of his past for this season... except he doesn't really seem conflicted as much as completely bipolar and random.

Everything just kind of happens and the acting to these events is pretty subpar except the vamp so much so that I can never get drawn into the scenes. The best scene was probably where the angels kept killing each other which was really low brow humor but funny none the less.

Overall all the tension I just don't care about as the characters fail to draw me into their life in any meaningful way.

The plot is the only thing I'm watching for. I want to know more about the nephilim and how the angels are going to react once shit really hits the fan

How is God in the comics?

an neurotic paranoid asshole

>Also I remember when this was announced Sup Forums was flipping their shit that a black girl was cast, but she's actually one of the better actors.

her accent is fucking embarrassing

No he is a loving God

yes and he keeps his word

damn he was such a dick

so can someone please fucking explain to me what is up with eugene?

i thought that tracy girl was in an accident with some kind of horse rodeo to the head?

but last week they said eugene shot her but idk she didnt look shot wtf is this bullshit

Jesse has a power that rivals God because he can control God. It's just that Jesse is incredibly simple minded.

this show is as good as it could be for its budget and the political climate we live in

>but she's actually one of the better actors
you clearly arent from america or have never met anyone from texas

her accent it fucked up and sounds unnatural plus she drops it often at the end of words and sentences

she sounds like a child who thinks they sound country when they talk in that exaggerated drawl and its annoying

>sounds like a child
>body like a 10 year old boy
>acts like a spoiled brat

Somehow it was satisfying that she pushed the wrong guy out a window despite it being Cassidy and start blubbering like a bitch, that guy didn't even do anything wrong but tell her to take her feminist bullshit and rightfully shove it up her ass

This sounds like a you-problem.

Any of those not legitimate criticisms?

>OMG guys I don't like it cuz I don't like it
>it just doesn't force me to like it because I can't like it
>if it was totally the way I wanted it to be I would like it

That's what you sound like

So they are all legitimate?

So has this thing changed anything drastically from the comics already?

niggers mostly

they let one be the main characters love interest and its been like 8 episodes in and not one mention of the word nigger in the dialoge

so yes, niggers

It's basically extending the first 2 chapters into an entire season and changing some of the back stories and odds are it will keep doing that but keep events in line with the comics

It's a REALLY shitty comic. I don't know what you expected from an adaptation.

Outcast > Preacher

Wait, what? They made Tulip black?

Vampire bro will still be in the next season right? That actor can carry the show by himself.

how did you just find this out?

Because I forgot this series was even being made until I came across this thread.

oh well yes, shes dominics real life wife or whatever
shes black

she was his wife in Warcraft too if any of you guys watched and didnt notice

Who is fucking her here?

>virgins can't recognize an unsatisfied woman and pass it off as wooden acting

its not that shes unsatisfied, you sound like a virgin whos never met a woman in his life

i wouldnt say her acting is stiff like wood, her acting is exaggerated,
William Shatner levels of overacting

>its not that shes unsatisfied

>Staring blankly ahead while being plowed enough to rock a car
>totally not unsatisfied

it's obvious they were conveying a weariness here. Criticize her acting elsewhere for sure but the 'wooden acting' during this scene was obviously intentional.

>but idk she didnt look shot

Were you not paying attention?

WOULD YOU LICK IT?

Hold on there buddy, some of that user's finding fault with the show IS due to his own expectations.

But some of it makes sense - the pace and character-tone of the show has problems. In that it could be much better.

eugene didnt shoot her

she shot herself and eugene tried to stop her, after seeing her brains were blown out he put the gun in his mouth

>except he doesn't really seem conflicted as much as completely bipolar and random.

While we do see him drifting to extremes, I think that is part of he is struggling with two personalities. Either it is his past self, who he wants to be, and who he thinks he needs to be. The latter being a demand that is constantly changing for him.

>acting to these events is pretty subpar except the vamp so much so that I can never get drawn into the scenes

The acting has been bad pretty much across the board on this show. I've liked Lucy Griffiths in this so far, simply for the fact she is the only one that seems natural, and not laying it on as thick as possible.

>which was really low brow humor but funny none the less.

the entire comic was low brow humor. People like to hold Garth Ennis up as this deep intellectual writer when the majority of his books are meant to just be fun.

Why is there so much emphasis on the church girl going to the bathroom all the time?

That's happened one time.