Smoll doggo thread: help me choose a proper pupper for a small household

smoll doggo thread: help me choose a proper pupper for a small household.

Currently considering:
Corgi
Cocker Spaniel
Dachshund

Weigh pros and cons, new ideas appreciated.

get a basset hound, i love mine

Chinchilla

Get a German Shepherd corgi mix. Love my doge. She's loyal but has her derpy corgi moments

Can't you just buy a monitor lizard? Far more better than a dog.

get one of those mixed with a poodle. then it won't shed. also adopt, don't support shit puppy mills.

>petfinder.com
>doxipoo
>muh best friend

Hated every cocker spaniel I met.
Had two dachshunds as a kid, they were pretty good dogs.

Best dog I ever had.

Get a long haired dachshund. They have cocker spaniel in their bloodline, so they tend to be more calm and less aggressive than their short haired counterparts.

>pic related. My boy Bojangles.

Forgot pic.

i have a terrier/dachshund mix and she is hyper so be prepared to take on many walks
pic is her

will consider

Want

best pillow I ever had.

shit tier pet dude, poor man's snek and I don't even like reptiles

Get a cat, dogs are for pussies.

Beta detected.

Get a mutt, longer life, less health problems(aka cheaper) and cheaper to buy.
Just try to avoid one of the parents being a dachs, they bark a lot.

are all dachshunds hyperactive? I've only had cats before and I'm looking for something a bit less energetic to ease the transition

already have...

Boston terriars are great

worried that a mutt would grow too large (if parents are unknown or mutts) and then I wouldn't be able to properly take care of it :(

Mine isn't. I could see the terrier part influencing that, in the post you reference. He wants to play for a little when I get home from work, but that's 30 minutes of throwing a ball across the living room and then he's exhausted and sits in my lap for the rest of the night.

if you were going to get a large reptile I'd get a tegu

Get a corgi, you won't regret it.

yee might be the terrier. shes just long and looks like scrappy doo kek
shes also 20 weeks old so that doesn't help

Chihuahua mix.

Corgi's like to nip and bark. And they aren't always well behaved. Get a mixed doggo from the pound, they're happy just to have a family.

Well doesn't need to be like 100% random, people usually knows the size of the parents and that's enough to estimate how big it's gonna be.

I have had all three, Cocker spaniels suck. Corgis get fat. Dachsunds are awesome but know that they are the most stubborn and aggresive breed of dog. Also be careful with their hips if you get a doxie or corgi. get stairs for them to climb on the bed.

We just adopted a rescue puppy from a shelter, on Monday we'll be getting a DNA test for confirmation but we believe she's a pointer terrier mix.

Incredibly smart dog and at 7 weeks already knows that going potty outside is ideal. If we miss letting her out she if course potties inside but it really blew my mind that she knew outside > inside. It took two days for her to realize where slider door was and that waiting by it indicates it's time to go outside.

She's a rampant chewer on the negative but with toys and discipline (we do puppy timeouts) she's even picking up on not chewing shit now.

Tl;dr adopted a smart and wonderful pointer puppy for only 200 dollars which included being fixed, shots, chip and deworming. I recommend checking out your shelter and seeing what you find.

Lol. They're stubborn as FUCK.

Corgis are sharp as a tack, a little hyperactive, but well behaved. Spaniels and Dachshunds are assholes.

My mini dachshund mix is indeed stubborn and barky as fuck - but also the most gentle and cuddly pupper. Never nips or snaps, even with grabby toddlers. YMMV.

Corgi all the way. I've had four of them. The best dogs ever.

Had

>2017
>Picks Corgi over Swedish Vallhund

Back to raddit, faggo

Share pics you shouldn't
USE sn,ap,chaty,com before its patched

Västgötaspets

Get yourself a Norwegian moose hound faggot.

nice ass