Islam is a religion of peace

The "violence" in the Qur'an and foundations of Islam is not what you all make it seem. Let me try to explain.

"Jihad" is the Islamic concept of "struggle." There are two main types of jihad: greater jihad, or the internal struggle to make oneself a better person, and lesser jihad, the external struggle to make society a better place. In the latter, there are three subcategories: jihad by the word, jihad by the hand, and jihad by the sword. The Qur'an strongly encourages external jihad to first be taken with the word and by the hand. Jihad by the word includes actions such as writing books to change a country, writing letters to businesses and congress, etc. Jihad by the hand is crafting or building things to improve the world.

Jihad by the sword is strongly discouraged in the Qur'an, but it is allowed in certain circumstances (strictly limited to only in self-defense and to overthrow a dictator). And, the Qur'an has extremely strict rules for this warfare, stricter than the rules of war of the UN. Killing the elderly and children is forbidden, killing those in mosques is not allowed, warriors are not allowed to commit suicide in their battles, etc. Islam is truly a very peaceful, humanitarian religion, but it is also practical in this sense because it allows war when it is the only successful and effective method of improving the world (objectively).

Muslim terrorist groups such as ISIS take this idea of jihad and radicalize it. They ignore the principles of Islam that forbid inhumane acts of war, and they are criminals of Islamic law. We all need to become more aware of these core foundations of Islam, and we cannot associate these horrible organizations with the beautiful religion itself.

Islam is a religion of peace, and we all just need to learn about each other before we form such harsh judgements and prejudices.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t_Qpy0mXg8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's great, just want it to be peaceful somewhere else.

>Jihad by the sword is strongly discouraged in the Qur'an, but it is allowed in certain circumstances (strictly limited to only in self-defense and to overthrow a dictator

How do you reconcile that with Muhammad being a warlord who was personally responsible for deaths of thousands?

when dealing with the rabid western imperialist gangsters, peace is the last option on the table you should seek.

And that is why I support islamic extremism

Will you explain why Muslims invaded the west several times back in history, and why western Muslims hardly protest against Islamic terrorist attacks and Islamic fundamentalists?

In his entire life Mohammed went to war for only 6 months total. Compare that to other historical figures of that time.

>this flag
>this post
>this trip
Truly sad, give back germany to the krauts Achmed

Is this what every discussion boils down to? "This flag this post lol an immigrant in europe how is this possible????"

Remind me how many years Jesus went to war for again?

3rd worlders need not respond
welcome to 5 years ago

wtf im muslim now

>Will you explain why Muslims invaded the west several times back in history
Islamic conquests through the sword were carried out by caliphs after the time of Prophet Mohammad pbuh.
Prophet Mohammad pbuh never spread Islam through the sword. He sent envoys to various lands to teach them islam and afterwards asking them if they would like to join Islam.
That is how the Yemeni converted, and it set the stage for other areas to convert in the future as well.
This. When Prophet Mohammad pbuh was at war, it was in an act of self defense against the invaders of Mecca.

None, which is why Jesus is a prophet in Islam and his teachings are important to us as well

>German flag
>is a muslim

It's not even a meme anymore, it's literally more common than it isn't these days on Sup Forums. Interesting.

Consider the youth population demographics of Germany - well, we know
Then consider the subdemographics which visit Sup Forums - lonely men
Ironically the ones who put the most effort into defending something online also tend to be the ones who have gotten the least benefit from it. They're the ones who made the most sacrifice though, and they don't want to admit it was wasted.
*puts on rice hat*
ching chong

Thank you for this insightful post, I will think about it on my next sharia police patrol where I will try my best to destroy western civilization and rape white women

Le very xD! You made a funny exaggeration, becaus ur not actually gonna do that! XD

No, Ahmed. It just feels like there's an over-represented number of you on Sup Forums for some reason.

>go to a thread regarding muslims
>be suprised to see muslims here

Okay pal

I didn't mean in this thread specifically you idiot

It would be wonderful if Islam was peaceful somewhere else.

>>Discouraged Jihad by sword
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Quran (4:89) "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward "

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

You know what? You are a fucking troll. If not, you ether a muslim, either a brainwashed guy.
1\2

Wow that was dumb post, I don't like islam either but please do not do that again, it's embarrassing.

Then what do you mean? You do know that this site is full of bait posting and trolling. Most of the time its probably 3 people spamming under german flags probably.

Epic meme now look at this

Full quote: " I hate my mom but only because she won't let me play video games."

What you just did:
"I HATE MY MOM"

You do not belong to my country and I will make any efforts to show you and make you feel not welcome.

Then what you doing here
Sorry lad but it really makes me sad what you muzzies are doing there, i visited germany in the 2010, and i came back here to prepare myself as a productive member of the society dreaming to one day going back to a first world cunt where i will be accepted because ill be valuable and then you guys go there just for the lulz claiming moneiz. I have no sympaty for your kind and the same goes for any illegal immigrant including mexicans.

Your country invited me here and didn't make any efforts to make me leave. And I'd really like to see you do that in public and not on an anonymous image board tough guy.

>taking verses out of context by not posting the verses that come or after
>posting translations without the source of the translator
>not knowing it is best to learn the Qur'an in a Qur'an class with islamic experts because the terminology of 1400 years ago was much different than today
I am sorry you are so ignorant.
exactly! alhamdulillah brother

Me and my family have been here for 3 Generations its not like I just came here. I wa

Quran changes from translation to translation.Since Allah was retarded enough to spread a religion in a shitty language no one talks in the modern world everyone can bend its rules.

Lass treffen am ZOB isch ficke deine ganze Famillie Wallah!

Okay kom isch fick disch du opfer!!

Aber jetzt mal ganz ehrlich, was ist dein Problem? Ich bin kein ultra salafist und werde auch nie einer sein.

Part two.
So, I've read qur'an, catholic, orthodox and now reading Tora texts. And in all ways Islam is not fit to be humanitarian or antiviolent, and is not fit to make European civilisation better. Moreover, the concept of humanism, was made complete in Europe in circumstances where christianity was dominating. And humanism follows spirit and word of the christianity far, far more than it follows those of Islam. If Islam would be as good as atheism\agnosticism\christianity for civilisation, then you would not be in need to protect its peacefullness. Also there would be no 9\11, poor decisions in means of culture forming, violence and crimerate boom, barbaric shariah law enforcement and all the shit Islam brought to humanity.

Come at me and argue, because I want a good, proper rattle with proofs and shit to show and ensure every passing user that Islam isn't as nice as some could paint.

3 54 And they cheated/deceived and God cheated/deceived, and God (is) the best (of) the cheaters/deceivers.

Your god is a liar, so why would I trust you?

Why do people think the religious books show how a religion is?
I'm raised Catholic. I never saw a text saying you were allowed to fuck small kids. Now look at the reality, where all over the world Catholic priests are fucking little boys.

>God is the best at everything

And my God is yours assuming you're Christian

God is a figment of your imagination

Then show me full translations and context here, and say me how it makes these quotes peaceful.

And I in Qur'an classes you wont hear objective point of view, and also will get in argument with people who was teached to shit into brain.

If the Qur'an and Islam was in need of changing its therminology to seem peaceful, it means that it roots are already violent.

youtu.be/t_Qpy0mXg8Y
>This

and intraverse is a reality, so god exists in the multiverse even within this line of inane reasoning.

>scientific way to proof God exists

You owe me a cup of coffee, Kimi

I'm not going to take time out of my current activities to spoonfeed you. I'm only here as a muslim to educate you. If you don't believe what I say then do the proper research yourself.

And in a Qur'an class you will get the actual truth. It's pretty narcissistic of you to think you know more than people who devote their lives to the pursuit of islamic knowledge.

If the Qur'an were to be changed then it wouldn't be in its original text anymore and then it will be no more legitimate than the bible.

Most of it boils down to "will you not defend yourself if you're being attacked? And attack until your enemy stops, in which you should stop too"

What Françoispointed out. Please be somewhere else, radical or peaceful, idgaf. Just leave Europe. Thanks.

Didnt mohammed raided polytheist caravans pretending to be pilgrims themselves?
Also the whole thing about latter verses overriding the former and him making shit up all the time by sudden revelations+him getting much more aggressive once he got a hold on power and wasnt a minority shitting on other peoples gods all the time in public makes him not really a peaceseeker.

>And, the Qur'an has extremely strict rules for this warfare, stricter than the rules of war of the UN.
Pretty sure UN doesn't allow taking the woman of defeated side as sex slaves

If we trust the ones who have the most scholars speaking the cleanest arabic then we look at saudi arabia.
Its a cruel land that supports wars on its neighboors backs, if such are the fruits of the prophet then no thanks.

This is all very well and good as a victim complex, please tell us how this explains the conquests of Muhammad? The disbelievers did not begin wars, and even if it was in self defense how could that justify taking control of new land?

I'm not saying blindly listen to whatever a scholar has to say, but learning the Qur'an from a Qur'an class is much more beneficial than trying it on your own without any islamic knowledge.
Just make sure its with a normal muslim scholar and not a wahhabist who uses Islam as a cover for their political and geopolitical purposes.

i never claimed metaphysics is a science

So you saying me:
>>main book of religion needs a ton of bandaids to pass as peaceful
Also. 2:190 not means not attack women and shit. I'd like to see how "those who do not commit aggression" transformed into such valorous thing.

Also there's a thing why Islam is dangerous as ideology. If a peaceful muslim comes into a european country and he feels that his islamic way is not fit to him, to which way he will come? Christian? Atheist? Naaah, to the fucking soon-to-drive-trucks.

Could you tell me, what should happen with apostate, according to Quran?

Racism is against German law, also not permitted by the German Constitution, also Germany is a signatory of the Universal Declaration of human rights so technically you are breaking international law as well

>muslim thread
>filled with western flags

really makes me think

t.jamal

I'm not talking about legitimacy. The entire convergence of concepts like "struggle, argument, war both economic, strategic and on-field" in one word "Jihad" is bad. Because linguistics forms thought and thought forms deed. You see where I'm leading you, boi.
I'm not telling that I know more than imams, but I am claiming that one who learns something for his entire life can not be objective towards it, especially in terms of religion, and especially in terms of Islam. Is this right or not?

>Jihad by the word includes actions such as writing books to change a country
why try to change yuropoor countries to become an islamic country?

As you see, my friend, there's much opposition from western flagged anons. Brings me nice sip of hope.

>Islam is a religion of peace
I agree that there are many nice things written in the Qua'an about benelovence, and being good to each other, and etc.
But you know just as well as me that the Sira and Hadith is also a part of slamic faith , just as much as the Qua'ran.
So obviously, someone brought up with European/Western cultural values, will not see Islam as particulary peacefull. Rather quite the opposite, actually.

>Prophet Mohammad pbuh never spread Islam through the sword.
If he didn't, he wouldn't had made war, statesmenship, etc ahuge part of islam compared to christianity.

>>taking verses out of context by not posting the verses that come or after
The thing is that is what the majority of people do that join isis.

Yeah, no. We're not buying it anymore, people are fed up. You'll have to deal with the consequences of your shitty religion and culture.

Sure, if you are a peaceful person then you can be peaceful through Islam

However if you are a violent psychopath, you can easily justify your violence by quoting the Quran. I'm convinced most of ISIS fit into this category

>their political and geopolitical purposes.
If muslims can't even do that, I highly doubt anyone outside can do it.

>I'm convinced most of ISIS fit into this category
It is just incredible the extend it has spread in this age.

I expect this shit back in the middle ages, but it is crazy.

this is actually a relevant point. He killed people, but so did lots of revered historical figures. His teachings and actions are just a product of his time, which is why that alone doesn't make him a bad person. What makes him a bad person is the fact that he created the concept of a religious war, and his pedophilia (sex with a 9 year old girl has only ever been normal in barbaric societies) for example Emperor Tiberius' reputation was damaged in Rome at the time after indulging in similar degeneracy in Capri

Indonesians are Muslim
But how Muslim are they?
Very? A lot? A bit?

Religion is one hell of a drug. If the Bible had terrorist-enabling verses with cult-like, political agendas, there would be a Christian ISIS today.

they're like 90% muslim

Is this the new antifa propaganda?

I went to Java for a few weeks. They're quite religious, but pretty chilled and secular. They recognise the rights of Christians, Buddhists and Hindus and there is usually no violence between the communities. They don't really understand atheism, but it doesn't matter, they're not going to know it's not like you need to wave a flag saying you're atheist.

Alcohol is everywhere kek, and lots of women wear the veil but many don't. Just don't blaspheme etc. obviously

Actions speak louder than words and muslims commit the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks. Just saying "they are interpreting it wrong" or whatever isn't good enough, I don't care what your scriptural interpretation is the fact of the matter is they are killing people all the time in large numbers. If you don't make them stop than we will use harsh action.

That's good to hear. Honestly don't know anything about Indonesia. How's the food?

yeah I only really know because my cousin lived there for a bit so I got to visit him. Pretty good food, they have fried rice, satay skewers, curries and tempeh is great and that really smelly fruit durian. You can get really good cheap food from stalls from the street, but you can get sick. I got a stomach bug which made me shit badly until I got home so only if you're brave perhaps

>Religion of Peace
>literally millions of muslims hate OP because of his slightly different branch of the ""peaceful"" religion

My sides

>"Jihad" is the Islamic concept of "struggle."

The advent of this meme is literally centuries after the foundation of Islam. For the vast majority of the existence of Islam "inner struggle" as Jihad did not exist as a concept. And even in the 20th century Islamic scholars were not in agreement about this. Qutbism as a movement is essentially the rejection of this idea and that "fixing" the world means eliminating the ignorance of all to the light of Allah through military force.

You are worshipping Lucifer. Accept Jesus as your messiah and repent.

They should convert, and we as muslims should help them.
But it is not our job to carry out violence against them. They are to be judged by Allah and only Allah on the day of judgement.
We're not. Most muslims come to the west to escape "Islam" in the government and politics.
>Sira and Hadith
those are secondary sources, and must be taken very cautiously as they are ranked by which are "strong" and which are "weak" by different scholars and clerics.
They only exist to assist in answering things not answered by the Qur'an.
Christianity was very violent until Europeans took most of it out of the Bible.
ISIS is not muslim. They do not follow Islam.
Most muslims do not care about sectarianism. It was all but dead until it was revived to serve the political purposes of evil people.
Sectarianism is virtually non existent in the US and if someone tries creating sectarianism here they are immediately shunned and alienated by the muslim community. Here we are one ummah.

What we muslims on Sup Forums should embrace is the stereotypes that Sup Forums has about us. Don't be apologetic, don't be pathetic with #notallmuslims campaign.

Embrace it. Yes we are terrorists. Yes we will terrorize you. Yes we will invade your land with refugees. InshaAllah Europe will be muslim in the near future.

Neckbeard neets can only complain on Sup Forums. The leftist media is on our side. Edgy 4channers only dare to spout their hatred here on the internet, for they are pussies in real life while we muslims, we prepare to die for our deen.

Remember, convert their families, marry their daughters, put hijab on them and make sharia the law of the land in the whole of Europe.

Takbir ya ikhwan.

if they dont want to convert, why should they? Just leave them be?

Because we have empathy, don't want them to suffer, and want to help them live a righteous and good life.

Seems the empathy in muslim countries gets them in jail or killed. Why not just leave them be?

*leaves islam*
whoa hey put the knife away buddy haha

Yes radical islamic terrorists are not islamic, they're just terrorists that believe they're islamic

obviously you know Islam more than me, but how are ISIS not muslim? They recite passages from the Quran, no? They know it back to front? I get that it's subjective what you take from the Quran, but how do the more peaceful, less terrorist-enabling verses necessarily negate the more violent ones? Honest question

>Christianity was very violent until Europeans took most of it out of the Bible.
And why can't muslims do that? It seems the biggest hurdle is war being (to whatever degree) is part of the religion.

It is a terrible idea to have any religion that deals with the matters of war and how the state should run.

>in the US
Islam is virtually non-existent in the US you are like 2% of the population. Doesn't count for anything compared to Saudi Arabia, Indonesia or Iran.

If violent muslims aren't really muslims, how can thousands, if not millions do such terrible things in the name of islam? If it was one lone wolf or a couple of nutjobs, I can understand but at its height isis and all those islamists spread throughout countries all seem to be preaching the same thing and they have plenty of followers.

If it is pretty obvious they are not muslims, why are there so many following through with what they say?

There has to be a core that resonates, it not just blaming part of the puzzle on lone nut jobs.

>Sectarianism is virtually non existent in the US
of course, no one would stand for that here, there are so many cultures it would be impossible. Europe is another matter.

ISIS claims it's at war with certain countries, so their violence is justified by the Koran.

If Muhammad's companions decided attacking neighboring empires and cities was ok then why isn't attacking any modern nation ok? Do you believe Omar wasn't rightly guided or do you just draw special exception for conquest under his command?

That only happens in Saudi Arabia.
And I don't consider wahhabists to be muslims as they believe shia and even normal sunni's who do not subscribe to their wahhabism to be kuffar.
All non wahhabists in Saudi Arabia are persecuted regardless of religion.
The leader of ISIS has a PHd in Islamic Studies so he knows how to manipulate or deceive young impressionable muslims who have never actually read the Qur'an. Most terrorists have never read the Qur'an they just follow whatever a higher figure tells them.
Most extremists turn that way due to the injustices they see being committed towards muslims from Israel, the US, and other foreign powers, and they believe what they are doing is an act of self defense or the overthrowing of the foreign powers occupying the middle east.
Because if you change a religion then it is no longer that religion. That is why early christians only considered Jesus a prophet until the holy trinity was added to the bible. Europeans are not christians despite what they want to believe.
I've already covered Saudi Arabia, I don't know much about Indonesia, but in Iran Sunni and Shia are both given equal rights.

IMO hating any religion is as much a waste of time as defending it

Whatever happened to hating people? If you're dumb enough to be a Muslim then we're not eve scratching the surface of reasons to hate you

>That only happens in Saudi Arabia.

>All 13 countries identified by the study are Muslim majority. The countries that impose these penalties are Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

I don't think so tim.

wtf I love Sweden now

>Most terrorists have never read the Qur'an
I read that is pretty much a requirement to join any of the terrorist groups, and even if you don't by the time they train you you have to know it. It would be idiotic to proclaim yourself defender of the muslim faith when your own followers don't read the qur'an in the first place.

None of those countries except for Iran or Saudi Arabia have sharia law.
And most of them are ruled by anti islamic monarchs backed by the western governments.