Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
Getting ready to install Kali Linux as a second OS for my laptop. What are the pros and cons for this OS?

Pros: it's linux
Cons: it's linux

Why?

I have Windows 10 and I just want some more versatility.

Get Mint LMDE distro

Kali is already installing, but I will definitely have to check that one out. I like the look it has.

>Getting ready to install Kali Linux
>What are the pros and cons for this OS?

Did you even bother reading the documentation?

Why do you want Kali? Its literally a "pen test distro". Blaoted with stuff YOU will never use.
Get a normal distro. Get debian + Gnome if you like the look of Kali

Yes and no, I skimmed. I see that it is used for penetration testing, or "hacking". I should have been more clear with my question, which I have more of now.

1. How easy is it to fuck with the neighbors' WiFi?

2. Can you use it to hack an Android or iPhone through the same WiFi network?

3. Can it run games or Wine?

(I'm sure I'll have more questions soon)

1. you probably don't have an adapter
2. no
3. yes

1 you can do it with other distributions or even under windows with the proper hardware (an as my fellow said, your wifi hardware might be innadapted)
2 see above
3 see above

I take it that my built in adapter won't cut it. Sad panda. Don't really care about the phone tinkering too much, would have been fun too. And I'm sure nearly all distros can run Wine.

I haven't booted it up yet, but I'm probably going to wipe that partition and get a different distro. What would be a good one to use Conky on?

1 very easy to fuck with (deauth), goes from very easy to very hard if you want to hack it, depending on his setup

2 yes, but requires user interaction and social engineering

3 linux is not meant for gaming. It can do them, but windows is better, so stick with that.

Also, while this is possible, Kali is NOT meant to be installed, use persistence in usb instead.

If you want a cool distro with no botnet, try Manjaro (the one without systemd).
Or Mint. Mint is sexy.

Conky works for almost all. You need a conky script to rice it anyway.

I bet you can't even get the gui to pop up, lol

>Getting ready to install $FUCKIN'THING. What are the pros and cons for $FUCKIN'THING?

faget, this is Sup Forums, not google.

1. Like said you probably don't have the network adapter to do it. They are cheap you can get them on amazon. But if fucking with your neighbours wifi is your main objective than I wouldn't bother getting Kali. Yes it's easy to run a script for a few hours and get the wpa, but your neighbour still owns the router. He will see your details as well. If he doesn't care much he will simply disconnect you, if he does he will be the one fucking with you.

2. Define "hack an android or iphone"

3. You can run games on wine in any distribution of linux. If you were so determined to run a windows executable shell layer in windows you could probably do it (though it would be rather redundant).

>
>Yes and no, I skimmed. I see that it is used for penetration testing, or "hacking". I should have been more clear with my question, which I have more of now.
>1. How easy is it to fuck with the neighbors' WiFi?
>2. Can you use it to hack an Android or iPhone through the same WiFi network?
>3. Can it run games or Wine?
>(I'm sure I'll have more questions soon)

are u like 9 years old brah?

This lol. OP is wasting his time should just run Kali virtually.

By the way, even if you get the handshake, most of the times you won't be able to crack it...

Kali is more appropriate to use on a live cd, not as an everyday os. Look into Mint, Ubuntu, Arch, etc.

Don't really care much for gaming on Linux, but that penguin game is addictive. Haven't had or used Linux in a few years tho. I think I'm just gonna roll with Mint.

I was wondering where the guy that assumes everyone's age was. Thank you for showing up

just use ubuntu

The user was speaking of running Windows games on Linux thru WINE, not native Linux gaming. Seems like you have a lot of learning to do. Don't give up. Even more intuitive distros like Mint can be a bitch to configure when you first start off, just be patient and don't expect anything to "just work."

Kali is better to be used on live usb with persistence on it.
It is also not better in anything compared to other debian/ubuntu-based distros except it comes with software preinstalled.
If you are newbie just go ubuntu or mint.

But thank you Sup Forums, I would have googled this stuff, but I would much rather ask some fags that are familiar with this rather than scroll through bullshit for hours trying to determine what is bad and what is best.

The most recent distro I used was Ubuntu, I didn't like it

Thank you Sup Forums, OP out.

>I was wondering where the guy that assumes everyone's age was. Thank you for showing up

and I came here wondering why underage faggots installing kali linux asking questions about how to hack phones and wifis outside of Sup Forums are

Seriously, just use Ubuntu or Arch or something. Why would you ever install Kali as an OS on a hard disk? Is this bait or are you just unfamiliar with Linux. If you are unfamiliar with Linux, I would suggest starting out slow with Ubuntu or Debian or Fedora if you're a little more experimental, than move your way up to Arch or Gentoo or some GNU/Linux distro or if you have no life you can try LFS, but Kali is really only meant for pentesting.

Dual boot installing Kali Linux instead of booting from USB only when you need to use the tools. What a dweeb faggot. I don't think you understand what kali and backtrack Linux is. Idiot

This HAS to be b8. I don't think anyone could truly be this retarded.