Did anyone see Dope? I'm training with the acting coach who trained all the main actors for the first time next week...

Did anyone see Dope? I'm training with the acting coach who trained all the main actors for the first time next week. I'm actually doing it lads. I'm so excited.

>studied hard
>gets good grades
>accepted into ivy league
>"DEY RAYCIS"
those last 5 minutes really came out of left field

Which means I'm training with a guy who worked with Toni Revolori which means I'm only two stops away from Wes Anderson :I

Na he was simply writing the type of essay you need to write to get in which means he's smart

why didn't they let the white guy say nigga? If it wasn't for him they probably would have died.

they were fucking with him

Seen it twice, enjoyed it thoroughly, very fun movie. Congratulations, by the way.
Malcolm and Jib didn't care, Diggy was just being stubborn.

Thank you.

I couldn't stop staring at Diggy's ass. Damn I wanna re watch this. I liked how they used various hip hop tracks throughout the film as well.

>~*gushy gushy*~

He was a faggot to ask in the first place.

They needed him, he could've just told them to fuck off.

>get accepted into ivy league school because black
>call them racist anyways

He got accepted because he blackmailed Jacoby.

Not sure if any of you took AP english but everything he did and wrote is the type of thing that ivy leagues actually want. They want clever, edgy, intelligent underprivileged people to put them in their place. It was 100% realistic that what he wrote would get him in. Was he being manipulative? Sure, but so is anyone who has to compete with other applicants.

I disagree. The ending was pretty good although it did mismatch with the rest of the movie a bit. Overall I was really disappointed with the movie. Boring, cliche, and pointless.

Still for OP that's great news to be working with the coach

nobody's saying ivy leagues don't eat it up, just that the movie wasn't presenting the essay cynically. you were meant to take it at face value

>wasn't presenting the essay cynically.

It was.

Not him but it wasn't.

It is in the sense that he's only going to get into an ivy league by playing the race card, not by his own merit.

The plot of this movie made no sense.

Random kid you deal these drugs for me and I'll get you into college. Never mind how much money I'll lose if you just flush them, never mind that isn't how molly works, never mind the shoehorned in 90's rap music, never mind how much shit I'd be in if you went to the cops. Then of course the kids just happen to have the know how to effectively deal drugs and wire bitcoin and just enough to get the bad guy caught too.

OP here. I agree, but i still think it was a fun and pretty good movie.

It was a fun and charming movie, but a bit of a mess plot-wise. And it got unnecessarily preachy at the end.

I'm that guy you're replying to

Despite my criticisms and my hatred of the phrase "Fun movie" I agree it was a decent movie and I enjoyed.

Some of the shit was just better if you tried not to think about how little sense it made.

the movie wasnt terribly directed and the actors were fine, but it was fuckin stupid and was trying to send mixed messages. and the director is directing the new flash movie with ezra miller.

New user here. The movie did nothing to convey that.