Feminism can be a scary word for some people

Feminism can be a scary word for some people.

There are a lot of myths about what it means to be a feminist – that feminists hate men, eschew “girly” things like dresses and heels, look down on stay-at-home moms, and want to take all the world’s power out of men’s hands.

And none of them are true – at least not universally.

Sure, there are outliers that fit the stereotype of every group. Some people who call themselves feminists certainly hate men. And yes, some feminists do not want to wear four-inch heels that make their toes bleed. But man-hating, power-hungry, totalitarian nastiness is not what feminism is about.

Personally, I like Sam Killerman’s definition: “to create a society in which individuals’ genders don’t restrict them from an equitable shot at success and happiness.”

What people often get confused with feminism is misandry, which means the hatred of men. Like I mentioned earlier, there are some misandrists who also identify as feminists. But they are the minority.

I know that. You probably know that. But how do we explain that to non-feminists without coming off as defensive or insulting?

To be honest, it’s not easy. But we have to try.

Real change will not come unless we engage the opponents of our ideals in meaningful, centered, and realistic discussion.

So how do we do that when it seems like the very people we are trying to reach have been completely brainwashed by the patriarchy and society?

Maybe, before we can answer that question, we need to look at our audience.

why did i read this

Because you're a good person!

>meaningful, centered, and realistic discussion
Welcome to Sup Forums

I asked myself the same question. It's all so demonstrably wrong,

fucking feminist

Too bad r/SpaceFeminism got hijacked

still dislike u... selfish gender centered lobbyist... unless u become a humanist... then we can talk

>no real feminists hate men, only some
>no real feminists hate heels and dresses, only some
>no real feminists look down at stay-at-home moms, only some

>No True Scotsman: the post

sexist pig

Okay, now back to tumblr with you faggotina

FUck you

It's a deal. When and where

Lol, reasonable opinion here. Taken as bait

sexist

Well if your best decisionmaking results in you posting reasonable opinions to Sup Forums you fucked up from the getgo

No, it's not bait. I just wanted to add something new to this shithole.

>at least not universally
When you stand with the rest of us against sexists among you, I'll stop acting against you as a whole. Not a moment before.

>Brainwashed by the patriarchy
Not everyone who disagrees with you is brainwashed you intellectually deficient cunt

>Personally, I like Sam Killerman’s definition

And that right there is the problem with feminism. There's no one definition, you bitches can't agree on anything, and you think your personal opinion is somehow more important than objective facts.

Fuck off.

I know. I'm the sexiest. You need to work on your spelling though

>feminism.

Comes from femme, woman in french, and -ism that refer to social, political, or religious beliefs

Ie its already tilted towards women and separatism at the start. Hence it can never be even humored to be called egalitarian. Just lying bitches who want to lure men into their religion who claims its about equality for all.

Fuck off you fat tumblr whale

This one knows. Send the thought police and get to your safe spaces.

As long as folks insist on dividing ourselves into groups of "us" and "them"?
We are doomed to fail.
The people of Earth need to unite.
We need to understand that as long as we have enough shelter, and clothing, food, and water? These are the true needs of Earth all other things are wants.

We must meet the entire Worlds needs then we can move on to providing wants and dealing with the emotional issues.

But until that time?

There will remain an elitist class made up of both men and women who have no regard for us and only for themselves, and we can not defeat them by subdividing the rest of humanity.

Still as you can see?

Even with the wisdom to know the truth it is nearly impossible to NOT divide ourselves in to "us" and "them"..

Good Luck the real test will soon be upon us and most are going to fail it.

Peace and love isn't going to make the inadequate think rationally-- but I appreciate the effort.

See, there we go.
Using ad-hominem instead of objective facts.
Like a woman.

And the failure to learn the simple lesson and continue to think as you do? Is just part and parcel of the real problem.

So, we are cursed to live out prophecy.

Prophecy that says the vast majority will fail this test, and possibly be destroyed.

Because they do not love the truth they are given over to the lie.

Now you know why the Lord was caled a "Man of sorrows"....

Some of us we understand the truth and yet can see all the others running towards the flames lead by people in funny hats who lie and claim to be experts in all things but instead steal folks blessings and lead them to ruin.

With lies like "Keep calm, and carry on."

icwydt

Soon she will be calling you retarded and resort to nothing but name.calling, cultural heritage and when that doesnt work she will call you a virgin, like a true feminist.

Going to the only thing she has going for her that has value in the real world, her FUPA cunt.

>The people of Earth need to unite.
Fuck off globalist.

Until you know who you really are?

You are doomed to fail.
What do you want Alex?
Other than to be divisive.

All of the stuff you say until patriarchy seems all genial and stuff, so I'm not gonna address it.
But the patriarchy, do you have any empirical proof of it actually existing in the west?
Sure there are inequalities, I'm not going to dispute that. But are they state instituted? And if so who do they detrimentally affect?
If they are state instituted, you must be able to name some laws that support these inequalities.

>Because they do not love the truth they are given over the lie
>by people in funny hats who claim to be experts in all things
Have you met feminism?

shhh don't bring logic here!

Its OK because it wasn't real communism

appending failure with "the post" is cancerous and newfaggy

In as much as I have met any other group that lies to empower and enrich itself? Yes...

Again just another group that wants to sieve through the morass of humanity and extract a few more slaves to add to its coffers.

Sounds a lot like any other Church group or School.

Remember guys, it wasn't real communism and therefore the 10+ millions that dies and were tortured during the rule weren't reeeeeeally affected by communism.

Feminists are pathetic. They don't understand that if you start off from a gynocentric place (just look at the root word of feminism), you won't ever be able to fix the problem.

Newfag here

Is this a pasta? Seems like it should be a pasta

Scholarly rebuttal there, fuck-o. Stay mad. :^)

Cool. What's your point?

Feminism is cancer.
Milo Yiannopoulus

If you say............

>no real feminists , only some

logic input failure.

>Brainwashed by the patriarchy
Sure, you're brainwhased by matriarchy.

WHEW WHEW WHEW!

Meme police are on the scene! Don't breaking any of user's rules or messing with HIS CHAN. He will destroy you if you change a damn thing.

Beware the Meme Police

That society already exists. You are likely living in it. Why dont you go fight battles for women who are actually powerless? I mean instead of strong-arming, and insisting on speaking for, women who already have power and voices

Interesting....

Feminazis are just ugly-ass fat bitches that will NEVER get laid trying to ruin it to others.