Liberal Democrats of Sup Forums, I have a favor to ask you:

Liberal Democrats of Sup Forums, I have a favor to ask you:

Please explain to me why Vladmir Putin is a bad person. I really only know about the "it's illegal to be gay in Russia" thing which I actually don't like (am bifag) but aside from that and the hubbub over DNC leaks, what makes him "America's Number One Enemy"? I've heard people say he's a war criminal, but they didn't say what war crimes he committed.

(2016 Election need not apply, it's been discussed to death already)

He's taken some criticism for censoring dissenting journalism, pushing out propaganda in his favor, people go missing all the time with no explanation to their families or friends. I don't know how true any of it is, I think he's a decent leader and I would like to see better relations between the US and Russia.

Liberal democrats can never give you a straight answer because they honestly don't know 90% of them ask them about any issue and they have no real arguement aside from buzzwords and emotional platitudes regurgitated from the news and tumblr

Mostly the landgrabbing. Also the trump tier policies

That thing in Ukraine was started because you had a large chunk of the population of Ukraine who wanted to go back to Russia instead of the EU. Not everyone in Ukraine, of course, which is why they were all CIVIL WAR but it's not like Russia took over a whole nation that didn't want them.

Except Russia did invade during the unrest & occupied a sovereign country during their referendum of whether to return to Russia or not.

He's also sold the government out to the Russian Oligarchs, he has journalists who criticise him beaten, or even murdered.

And he invaded Ukrain and then was all like "oh no I didn't ukraine invadaedded ukraine lole!"

The guy is a fucking asshole.

Oh, and he also has a small army of Russfags whose job it is to infest popular sites like Reddit and Sup Forums and spew nonsensical bullshit at anyone who points these facts out.

>Not a Liberal Democrat

Put was a high ranking officer in the KGB in the USSR, he was a bad dude, once KGB, always KGB.

It's not illegal to be like you (a FAGGOT) in Russia you idiot, stop watching the fucking cnn

It's not illegal to be a faggot like you're in Russia you brainwashed cunt

Russia's classified as "semi-authoritarian" because of his harsh crackdown on free speech and press.

Also, it may not be technically illegal to be gay, but there is a huge amount of state-sponsored ostracism of LGBT folks. They've basically become the scapegoats for Russia's "moral degeneracy"

Limitations on free speech, questionable state of democracy, invading sovereign countries.
The main one 2bh

>during their referendum
Is that what you call those riots with fires and citizens in home-made medieval armor (those were badass btw) fighting police?
Russia made Ukraine a better offer than the EU (more relief effort money) and the citizens got pissed that the government wanted to go EU against public opinion.

He's not. He's fuckin awesome.

He's not a bad person, but he IS a hindrance to the prosperity of the US. He's doing all he can for himself and Russia, which means doing everything he can to hinder the US and its citizens.

He is, by definition, the enemy.

>Crimea
>Russian territory
>Russians gave to Ukraine as a gift and friendship signal in 70s
>Russian population
>strategic harbor
>soviet collapse
>treaties of non borders changes and no NATO expansion to the east
>NATO expands to east step by step, year by year
>EU influences on Ukraine
>Russia improve ties with Ukraine
>Ukraine was the cradle of eslavic culture, Rus Kievan
>Ukrainians fear a "new soviet union"
>the real possibility of lose Ukraine to EU
>the real possibility of NATO in Russia borders
>no buff area. No effective response time
>the possibility to lose a strategic harbor
>a large russian population in Crimea

Really? I think USA would do the same or worse in same scenario.

Sorry about my very bad english. also, I'm not russian.

Putin has stolen mr. Khodorkovsky's Yukos. This cannot stand.

You got it the other way round lmao

He's an authoritarian dictator with little regard for human rights, international law and who has almost certainly had political opponents assassinated. I mean, it makes him a bad guy, but there are definitely worse dudes out there. I'd rather live in Russia than North Korea or something. The DNC email thing is complete horse shit. Even if he did have a hand to play in that, they should have been released anyway.

Just look at Russia's economy lol
Putin is also just a strongman who needs to have the size of his penis inflated. But whatever man, the ruskies are soon going to collapse again. It's what Russia tends to do

No way, brosef.
That shit was all over Sup Forums when it went down. We were talking to Ukranians for days on end while that shit was going on.
If it was the government that wanted to go back to Russia then Putin wouldn't have needed troops and wouldn't be considered a war criminal for it.

This was a sub-plot on Fringe...

He was blowing up apt. bldgs in Moscow and blaming Chechen terrorists. They (FSB) got caught in the act. Read- "The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin" She details all of the murders he is directly and indirectly involved in.

He's a czarist, kinda.
He wants to be a czar, anyway.

He's a bad person because of the way he dealt with the chechens (that is, genocide).

I also find his nationalist policies detestable.

Best propaganda around, though. "Super Putin" is a brilliant political tool.

Yes way, Ukraine had a corrupt pro-Russian leader who was removed by public protests because voters wanted stronger ties with the EU. After a Pro-EU president was elected in Ukraine, Russia invaded.

I don't think he's a bad guy. He's just as bad as any American leader. I got a feeling he wants to expand Russia though.

>After a Pro-EU president was elected in Ukraine, Russia invaded.
That's the part I was talking about, nimrod.
The protests didn't stop with his election because a lot of Ukranians were still pro-Russian. The citizenry was on both sides of the argument, and pro-Russian Ukranians cooperated with Russian annexation because Russia made them better promises than the EU did.

Putin didn't even give them a choice. He already had a military force in Crimea and fully paid up puppets in the local government.

The referendum that came after was as obviously fixed as the one held in Russian occupied Poland in 1939.

We'll never know whether the majority of the people really wanted to join Russia.

>We'll never know
You might not, but every Ukranian that was posting cam pics on Sup Forums was pro-russian and talking like the president was an EU puppet who was only going to help the upper class of his own party.
And you don't have to "give them a choice" when they're already on your side. I'm not saying that everyone *was* on his side, but you're dismissing all the pro-Russian Ukranians just because it's convenient to your argument. He didn't give the pro-EU government a choice in the matter of his taking back Crimea, but that doesn't alter the fact that there were a ton of pro-Russian people who were happy about the annexation. Your view of the events is extremely one-sided.

Check this out!!

except population there wanted to join russia, how come you failed to mention that

I'm no more one-sided than you are.

A "ton" of people posting on Sup Forums can't considered representative of millions.

My only point is we don't whether the Crimean people wanted to join Russia. The referendum was rigged and Sup Forums isn't a representative sample.

Jesus Christ everyone on this website is retarded and autistic.

You must be new

>we don't know so I'm right
Nah, fucker.
There were people on both sides. Some wanted to go to Russia, some wanted to go to EU.
You see how "one-sided" I am?
I'm acknowledging that there were citizens on both sides of the argument.
You're saying they didn't have a choice because you don't know if there were pro-Russian people.
I'm telling you that there were pro-Russian people because I talked to them myself, and you're repeating that you don't know.

So, basically, you're stating that you don't know as much as I do about the situation, you're rejecting new information you didn't already know, but you're still trying to lecture me as if your ignorance somehow proves you right.

>It isn't illegal to be gay in Russia
>It is illegal to spread gay "propaganda" in Russia

ur welcum retard

republicans are fucking retarded...

>obama makes good with communist cuba and its leader and gets hate
>trump makes good with communist russia and its leader and doesnt get hate

Murdering anyone who opposes you is pretty bad IMO.