What benefit does medical marijuana have that current medicines do not?

What benefit does medical marijuana have that current medicines do not?

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You get high, nigga

Well yeah but is that it?

Only people it seems to legitimately help are cancer patients going through chemo (so they can eat) and sufferers of PTSD (so they can stay chill and happy). Even those, I think, can be dealt with through regular medication. So that's it other than keeping people with nothing to do from being bored.

It's a wonderful non addictive alternative to benzodiazepines and opiate drugs
Also extracts are very good for skin cancer (obviously easier on your body than chemo or something)

Id say cannabis is best for anxiety sufferers or people with panic disorders

I have a chronic disease called multiple sclerosis. There are some new treatments that lessen symptoms and disease progression, but there is little in the way of relief. Marijuana has been a godsend. Not only does it reduce inflammation in my brain/spine, reduce pain, and reduce tremors, it also feels good and reduces the constant anxiety that comes with the disease.

well seeing as opiate-derived painkillers are the norm in medical practice today,

medical marijuana is much, much safer.

Maybe temporarily, but therapy would be better in the long run.

theres a chemical in weed called CBD and there can be CBD only strains and the CBD stops cancer cells spreading

"CMD only strains" - or you can just heat the THC. That turns it into CBDs, which is why edibles have such a high level.

I can only speak from personal experience, after tearing three ligaments in my right ankle i became reliant on endon and oxycontin, hated myself for it, a mate suggested weed, it got me straight off the pills, is non addictive and now even 3 years on the pain in my ankle will build up so ill smoke half a gram once a month and feel so much better and also get a good nights sleep

safer, able to still feel, non addictive, etc

people who get addicted to pain pills usually end up going to heroin (because they're the same drug) because no one will help them get not addicted. with weed you just stop and you're good.

yes thats also true but there are also CBD only strains that get prescribed to people which help massively with tremors and shit

There are situations where only therapy makes sense, where utilizing both makes sense, and where only weed makes sense. The last applies in my case as an example.

Indeed. Those strains are derived from the already CBD rich indica strains through their selective breeding. However, heat is currently more cost effective still.

Read it right from a former DEA higher up.

thefreethoughtproject.com/dea-chief-propagandist-cannabis-is-safe/

So basically weed's good to help with symptoms; pain and distress. I think it's just desperation when people think it's any kind of actual cure to things though.

There are so much facts in this thread and people having a decent argument. What the fuck is wrong with you Sup Forums?

I can never really eat and never feel hungry due to my stomach condition.
Without weed, I'll eat once every 2 or 3 days... with it I can eat once a day.

It's more than that. Weed is psychoactive. This means that it can offer strong psychosomatic effects for people - effects which originate from the mind but are entirely real and observable. These effects differ from person to person, but usually revolve around some core symptoms you see realized through marijuana's effects on the brain. It's pretty interesting stuff, and has amazing potential for combining efforts with therapy. The same can be said for the other hallucinogens like LSD and DMT.

>What benefit does medical marijuana have that current medicines do not?

Not patentable. Ha. Fuck Big Pharma.

Maybe not, but its genes sure are.

I do think you're right, just that it comes back around to my point. Weed is only a good accompaniment to real treatment, it would seem.