Ask a registered forestry technician anything

Ask a registered forestry technician anything.

Do you love your job?

Also check em

Checked, and no

if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?

No

do you use an axe / wich brand is it?

I don't cut trees down.

And nobody uses axes.

i do, in some case its easier.
also use 2 chainsaws stihl ms-241 and ms 461 30 and 50cm long

are you a faller, arborist, or just enthusiastic?

Finally, A tread where I can ask this. If I want to bring n Atriplex from its native environment to one where the soil is similar if not the same but the temperature is different how would I go about keeping it stable?

That's not really my department...I would say you should simulate what the proper soil type is.

Do you work with trees then? I have some questions about them too. I'm trying to create a micro-forest.

I deal with large scale forestry operations, not so much with individual trees.

What are your questions?

my grandpa had a little forest, i was working and playing there since i was 5 years maby, he passed away and now i have to "manage" it its not that much work just fell a few and sell them making firewood and plant new ones after damge by storm and keep everything clean also im from germay so bad english what do you do?

This got me interested, thanks, OP.

Due to the large fires across most of my township
during mid 2016 we lost the majority of trees on our lot (Mainly maple, beech, and pine) and I was thinking of trying to repopulate the forest. Any tips on how to deal with the different levels of vegetation so that it will be self-sustaining after 10ish years?

German forestry is extremely advanced, actually.

I would say to contact an arborist for a 1 time consultation.

Any forest will be self sustaining. It comes down to what you want to accomplish; a nice forest to play in or do you want to extract fiber?

am i going to give shit to someone who plants trees but refers to himself as a "technician"? no, i'm not. call yourself whatever you want, plantbro.

pic unrelated, but some birds are just cunts.

>Any forest will be self sustaining. It comes down to what you want to accomplish; a nice forest to play in or do you want to extract fiber?

I used to hunt in it before the fire, so I was hoping to be able to create something similar to what we had before which was dense enough to attract deer/pheasants while also being suitable for taking mid-range shots without obstruction.

I'll also mention that we also have a medium sized bog and a small river running through the area too.

O-ok?
Definitely get a consultation. They will give you some insight into what species will attract wildlife.

Sounds like a very expensive project that won't be where you want it to be in 50 years, though.

Money really isn't a sticking point and neither is time, I just want to try to make this the place I love once more. I appreciate the input though.

How often do you technic the forestry?

It could be handed down for generations. That's what the germans do.

You could even charge people to come and hunt there.

Owning a sizable woodlot can be very profitable and it's one of my dreams.

I used to work for Haliburtion Forest in Ontario. Largest private woodlot in the country. The owner bought it for like $30 k and has nursed it back to health and he has multiple uses that makes some some good money.

7 out of every 10

do you get to work outdoors? how do I take your job if you hate it?

I have to work outdoors. And it will take a couple years of schooling.

Ever run into Tarzan in the forests ?

I have an uncle that lives in Ontario near Penetanguishine that does bee keeping and maple syrup processing on his lot. They have some great forests in northern Ontario.

Who's taller, Forest Gump or Forest Griffin?

Install more trees and then more ram in those trees

How much money do you make?

Not much. I'm unemployed