twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1/2

Wrong. Would you like another go?

75% chance

Also incorrect.

Man, Sup Forums is fucking dumb.

1/2 Fuck you op

Wrong.

Don't go getting upset just because you can't work it out.

Just try again and I'll give you the solution soon.

(You)

>pretending to be retarded

I literally posted another pic of her before your retarded response.

It's not my fault you can't keep up, simpleton. That's literally you in the gif, projecting like a faggot.
>m-mommy! S-should I just say "no u" or-or call h-him r-ret-tarded again?

jesus fuck its 20% u spastics 1/5

you're given the information that it's a box with at least one gold ball. there are two boxes with at least one gold ball. one has another gold ball, the other doesnt.

100% chance of at least one ball, 50% chance of a second. or is the image completely misworded, and means that the chance of you getting the first gold ball isn't 100%?

it's not 1/2 cause when you take the first gold ball it eliminates the box with 2 silver balls

>follows me from another thread
>can't into greentext correctly

kek you're a winner, user.

>"no u"
>"you're retarded"
>"I'm going to go troll people on another thread"
>You can't greentext
>kek
>"I'm going to go troll"
>"thats literally you in the image you posted"

>m-mommy! Th-the m-meany is b-back!

Wrong

Yes, you either have the all gold box or the gold/silver box.

But it's not 50% chance.

Try work it out, son.

If you pick a golden ball you either picked the box with 2 golden balls or the box with one golden one silver, but you dont know which, so either you pick the one with 2 golden balls -> 100% of next golden, or the one with 1/1 -> 0% of next golden, so in total 50% chance of next ball to be golden, other answer is just retarded

if I pull a gold ball the following possibilities exist:

1. 2 Gold balls -> I pull a gold ball
2. 1 and 1 -> I pull a silver ball

these two boxes were equally likely to be selected (random) and the fact that I've drawn a gold ball discounts the third option...

2 outcomes with equal chances of it happening = 50%

>projecting

You have no idea what that term means.
Get mad.

You seem upset.

2/3

ez

0%

I don't go around grabbing balls, miss me with that gay sht

1/3

Like you were because you're shit at damage control?

>2 outcomes with equal chances of it happening

Incorrect, user.

You are, in fact, twice as likely to have the all gold box.

it does not say in the picture that you put the first golden ball back in the box, so if it doesnt say that you dont put it back, in that case 50%

You followed me, user. How shit must your life be?

nevermind

because the chance of you originally picking the box with 2 gold balls is higher, the chance of getting a second gold ball is higher. i cant be assed to do the actual math though

>in that case 50%

Incorrect.

You are correct that the gold ball is not placed back in teh box however.

Thread was pruned. I love seeing you get butthurt.
Lets not forget the "I'm going to go troll in this other thread" comment now, summerfag.

You're twice as likely to have picked the all gold box given that you're holding a gold, not that the box itself was twice as likely. But yeah, that's where other user's error was.

>i cant be assed to do the actual math though

It's pretty simple.

If you take the first box the prob is 1
if you take the second the prob is 0,
In this problem you dont consider the third box.
because it does not have any golden ball.

I started the thread, simpleton.

You're welcome to stay. I get teh feeling your answer would be 50% though. You strike me as a 50% kind of simpleton.

1/3

Over 100%

Answer for those lazyfucks;

>Do the computation. P(both gold|first gold) = P(both gold and first gold) / P(first gold) = P(both gold) / P(first gold) = (1/3) / (1/2) = 2/3.
Edit: or just do the usual trick of changing 2 to 1000. If one box has 1000 gold balls, one box has 1 gold and 999 black, and the third box has 1000 black, and you pull a ball at random and it's gold, which box did it come from?

It would have been this before you picked the first gold ball and eliminated the 2 silver ball box as a possibility. Now you're down to just the other ball being a binary choice of gold or silver. If you got to switch to the other box that would change the odds but as you are stuck with the box you already picked the only answer is 50/50. It is already either gold or silver and nothing changes that.

Yes, that's what I meant.

>the only answer is 50/50

But that's wrong.

Who gives a shit about your thread, dumbass? I'm here to see how much of a pseudo-intellectual you are. Your shit is straight cringe, bro. Looking in the archives for that thread so I can paste shots here for people to see.

2/3

Thread me pls.

>literally stalking me on Sup Forums
>getting this assblasted

Pls don't, user. How will I ever recover?

Well done. Have a cookie.

>Stalking
>Posts link to the thread you were going to "troll" in.
>hurr durr quit stalking me

Only wrong if you misread the question. As it is written the only options a binary issue of the already selected ball. There is no choice and there were only 2 boxes 50/50. If you got to change or answer or had not yet selected the box it would get complicated but here there is no choice involved.

66%
Shit ain't hard.

How long have you known about your Aspergers?

Screencapped the archive yet?

I dont deserve a cookie, I ripped it from reddit

Pretty much this. Anyone that doesn't understand this is fucking retarded and needs to not breed.

24.75%

Nah, you're just wrong. The correct answer is 2/3.

Yes, you either have the all gold box or the gold/silver box, but you are twice as likely to have the all gold box.

Was it a thread about M60? Don't think it's up yet.

>aspergers
>"I'm going to go troll in this other thread, cya"

>I'm going to follow a random user around Sup Forums and call him butthurt

wew lad

That's definitely not autism.

>wew lad
>I'm going to link you to a different thread, talk shit, then expect not to be followed.
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>muh gf
>y did you post muh gf
>"I'm going to go troll on this other thread"

Sperg.

>wew lad
>"I'm going to go troll in this other thread".

( 1/2)*your_luck
Simple statistics

66.666...%

If you compute from the beginning then yes but that isn't what the question is asking. It stopped being that when the silver box became irrelevant to the question. Now all mention of that box is garbage data to what is being asked.

Found it. Brb.

That's what you're attempting and failing to do.

Imagine, you could be doing literally anything else that would be less of a waste of time, but you chose to follow me here. I must have upset you pretty bad.

Assblasted kek.

>pick random box:
A: GG
B: GS
C: SS
>reach in, grab random ball, which is gold
>at this point, that ball could have come from:
A: >GG
A: GG<
B: >GS
>so there's a 2/3 chance that the ball you drew was from box A
>this probability extends to the rest of the contents of the box you chose
>since there is only one choice involved in the whole problem

Like another user said, simply expand the example for clarity:
>three boxes, contents as follows:
A: GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
B: GSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
C: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>now, if you draw a gold coin, which box do you think it came from?
Anyone that's not retarded would assume the gold coin came from box A.

>If you compute from the beginning then yes

No. The answer is 2/3 from the point where a gold ball is randomly picked from the box. Yes, the all silver box is irrelevant at that point.

2/5

>wewlad

>"I'm going to go troll in this other thread"
>wew lad

>"no u"
>Wew.lad

OP here.

Anyone who answered correctly can fap to this pic of my girlfriend.

The answer is 2/3

If you didn't answer 2/3, sorry, no fap for you.

Not hum but I'm going to ask you to explain why.

Since you originally choose one of two boxes (the third was never an option since you are to pull a golden ball) it seems equally likely that you pick either box. You can't change your choice, so you always pick the two balls in either box which means the only factor is your original choice, again, a 50/50 pick.

I'm going to need some solid reasoning to see it otherwise. If there are any factors I did not consider, state them.

>Wew
>Lad

>Assblasted kek

>m-mom! h-he's going to sh-show everyone that I r-ride the sh-short b-bus!

Good job. Do you feel better now?

>Not hum but I'm going to ask you to explain why.

Ok

>Since you originally choose one of two boxes (the third was never an option since you are to pull a golden ball) it seems equally likely that you pick either box.
Yes, correct, although at this point the all silver box is still in play but that doesn't really matter.

>You can't change your choice,
Correct.

However, when you randomly pick a ball from the box, if that ball is gold (it is), then you are twice as likely to have the all gold box from that point forward, because there are 2 ways to get a gold ball as your first ball from the all gold box and only 1 way to get a gold ball as the first ball from teh gold/silver box.

Google Bertrand's Box Paradox

2/3

Have another pic of my girlfriend.

guess op got his own riddle wrong.
"same box again" so the 2*silver box is out of game.
2 options open.
1 = golden
2= silver

50/50 chance

>MOMMY!!! HE SHOWED EVERYONE!!!! MOMMYYYY!!!!!! I NEED MOAR TENDIES AND MOUNTAIN DEW!! STRAP MY HELMET DOWN TIGHTER BECAUSE I HAVE TO GO BEAST MODE!!

I've never seen someone this assblasted before. Do you need to lie down? Have you taken your meds today?

>Shitting your pants.
>Only has two pictures of the same girl
>muh gf
>Hey faggot, who told you that you could post muh gf

>assblasted count: 2038457

Hey guys, the downy knows how to say assblasted.

You could rewrite the question as there are two boxes and one has a silver ball. You have already selected your box. What are the odds that it has the silver ball. That is 50/50. The choice is already made and only one of the 2 is correct.

You know if I wasn't giving you attention, nobody else would.

>muh gf
>assblasted
>wew lad
>"I'm going to go troll retards in this other thread"

No. Explain what you mean in more detail and I'll tell you why you are wrong.

1/2

If you can't grasp the level of detail I'm already providing you should go buy lotto tickets. You will make a fortune because you clearly know how great your 2/3 odds are.

It must make you rage even harder that literally nobody in this thread gives a fuck about your Aspie chimpout and the only reason I reply to you is that you're clearly buttblasted to the max.

>inb4 M-MOMMY underage tier response

But that reasoning is flawed.

It matters not which gold ball was it, only the fact it was a gold ball. Sure, if you pick any gold ball there's a 66% chance its from the all-gold box, but that's only if picking the silver ball of GS first was ab option.

Since you are fated to pull a Gold ball first whichever box you choose, it becomes irrelevant what box is it more likely to come from.

For example, with a guaranteed gold draw even in the 1000 G box vs 1G, 999 S box it is just as likely to draw it from either.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

The box is both silver and gold at the same time so until you draw it is 100% and 0%.

>you clearly know how great your 2/3 odds are.

The answer is 2/3, you simpleton.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand's_box_paradox

>apsie chimpout
>m-mommy, wh-whats a n-nigger? C-can I say that n-naughty word online?
>inb4 another "buttblasted"/"assblasted" shit-tier response.

>simpleton
>"no u"
>"muh gf"
>"I'm going to go troll retards in this other thread"
>assblasted
>stop stalking me, here's a link to my new thread btw
>simpleton

>m-mommy

Like clockwork

A: GG
B: GS
>possibilities, if gold coin is chosen:
A: >GG
A: GG<
B: >GS
>still a 2/3 chance that the ball you chose was from box A
You, like many people , have an inherently incorrect approach to probability. You are trying to solve the problem with common sense instead of logic. That approach usually leads to an incorrect answer. Seriously, if you doubt this, go look up one of the many mathematical resources that outlines the Bertrand's box paradox.

>buttblasted/assblasted

Like clockwork

your more likely to grab a gold ball out of the box with two gold balls. that's why its 2/3 not 1/2 for the people who don't get it.

>samefagging this hard

user, I can only give you so much attention. Promise you won't kill yourself if I ignore you now.

2/3

Who gives a shit if I'm samefagging? I'm going to keep reminding you and everyone else that you're under the age of 15 and that your whole intellectual bravado is bullshit.
It's pissing you off isn't it? Get mad some more.

I love how you're frustrated to the point to where you can't even articulate a response. Its just gibberish at this point.
Your life is a joke.

>I'm going to keep reminding you and everyone else that you're under the age of 15 and that your whole intellectual bravado is bullshit.

You're doing a great job, user.

I'll be in this thread next if you want to sperg out there too.

>It matters not which gold ball was it, only the fact it was a gold ball.
Yes, and since you are only making one choice in the whole problem, that choice is the only one that matters. IF you choose a ball and it is gold, there is a 2/3 chance that irt came from the GG box. If you chose a silver ball, 2/3 chance it came from the SS box.

>Since you are fated to pull a Gold ball first
There is no fate. The problem simply stated, as an example, you chose a gold ball. It could simply have been stated as: "if you choose a ball, what is the probability that the second ball in that box will be of the same color?"And the answer would be the same: 2/3.
> it becomes irrelevant what box is it more likely to come from
Incorrect. The only choice made in a question of probability is never irrelevant.

>with a guaranteed gold draw even in the 1000 G box vs 1G, 999 S box it is just as likely to draw it from either.
This is proof that you have a severe lack of understanding of probability.

For the question you posted yes but not the question OP posted. You're answering the wrong question. We didn't start at that first draw to have the odds of the double silver box come into play like in your example. That extra sentence is what makes the difference and has reduced the odds from 2/3 to just being 1/2. Yes this is a classic logic equation but if the actual question in the picture from OP is just that you're stuck with 2 boxes that have gold and a gold and you need to know if yours also has silver. In your image it is what is the probability that I will pick a box with two coins of the same color or one with gold (which would be 2/3). They aren't the same question.

No problem man. See you there.

>there are 2 ways to get a gold ball as your first ball from the all gold box and only 1 way to get a gold ball as the first ball from teh gold/silver box.

But this is false as long as the first draw is guaranteed to be golden. There are infinite ways (or merely one) to pull a golden ball from either box if the first draw is 100% of the time gold. The paradox only applies when both your draws are truly random.

Thus, the problem is worded wrong. It should be "You pull a ball, then a second ball from the same box, what's the chance it's the same color as the first?".

If it isn't simultaneously valid for Silver and Gold then there the premise is invalid, there must be symmetry