17.2 opening day. "The problem isn't the women!"

Actually it is, because women aren't funny.

Come on, you can say it.

When the Feig crew were doing their own "original" movies (it's really just genre films but with "Woman can be gross too!" twist) nobody really took notice of how bad they were since they were isolated from actually good comedies. But when you put women into a comedy classic like Ghostbusters, doing the same exact MY VAGINA and VOMIT LMAO shtick you've had for your last couple of films, people realize that you're complete shit and get angry. Thus you have the Ghostbusters backlash.

Women just ruin everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCP937VRfI4
youtube.com/watch?v=4m6F9g9Mu64
youtube.com/watch?v=RPAklIlov-A&feature=youtu.be
tenaflyviper.tumblr.com/post/146914700045/victoriabeckhamncheese-theotakux
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't that a good opening?

Possibly for The Heat, not a 144 million Blockbuster that wants to start a Cinematic Universe.

No

How long is this stupid meme going to persist when people have explained why "no it's not" over and over by now?

Bridesmaids was funny.

Bridesmaids was a boring ripoff of the Hangover

It needs 500 million to break even.

It wasn't funny
It was just cheap shots and shitty jokes
I didn't laugh once for the whole movie

How? Because it was about a wedding party?

They didn't even have the hens night for fuck sake.

Its like saying The Hangover was a ripoff of Very Bad Things

For a lower budget film, it's amazing. Most films that open like this cap out at around 100mill. It's obviously a problem for a 144mill + film.

Wedding movies are shit

Period.

Very Bad Things was pretty good movie.

i could shit into a dvd and it'd have a better box office opening

Mel Brooks makes women funny, especially in Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles

when is the last time in recent history a movie opened with this much of a bomb at the box office opening weekend?

>period
heh

Warcraft, Alice through the Looking Glass, BFG...

Yes, but just as tumblr will find a way to spin all news about this movie into a positive, people here will find a way to spin all news about this movie into a negative.

That isn't women being funny though, that's mel brooks being talented enough to make up for the inherent comedy disadvantage of them being a woman.

just looking at this picture i cant take them serious

its not entirely because they are women but because of what kind of women they are, it just doesnt fit into the established image of the ghostbusters and thats why the only way they could make this movie was to make is LE SO FUNNY. They look so ridiculous and not competent in the least.

and so far from what ive heard this is just the start of whats wrong with this garbage movie. Lazy Jokes, manbashing, plot holes that are too big to ignore, boring villain who doesnt have any motivation and get superpowers for no reason, greenscreen overload, no chemistry between the characters, and so much more

There are 2 scenes in the movie where the characters look at angry youtube comments

Literally

Poop lma o

lol do you not know how to business?
Don't open your mouth about things you don't understand
Oh wait I'm being baited, here have a (You)

I think the problem is more the moralising.

What does it say that Thor (a man) was the best thing in the movie?

yes that too, its just so dumb, and then i see reviewers i usually find acceptable trying to downplay all this bullshit, ive never been a big ghostbusters fan mostly because i havent been in contact with it much, and i still find this shit ridiculous. and they fucking forced bill murray into it, really sad.

Back to >>>/tumblr/ with you.

Somebody asked for this shop in a different thread, so there you go Sup Forums

whats a jost-buster?

Women can be funny, but not consistently funny. They need the right environment and the right character. They often try too hard.

Examples; Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Office, few others.

Movie wise though it's pretty small.. I did actually enjoy The Heat, however almost every other mccarthy movie has sucked ass and is overrated. Heat had Sandy B who manages to make even ms congeanility worth a watch.

Bridesmaids especially was shit.

Oddly Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are perfect examples of funny women that are unbelievably inconsistent at it. They both had two incredibly great shows that they largely helmed and wrote for, yet almost all their movies are AWFUL and SNL was absolute garbage.

>women aren't funny.
jennifer jason leigh was funny in hateful 8. julianne moore was funny in maps to the stars, but you're mostly right

Well, the hate for this movie made me look into the 2009 Ghostbusters videogame I never had played before, and I'm having a blast playing through it by busting alongside the original cast, so I guess I'm glad this turd exists.

Tina Fey did do Mean Girls...

I think the problem with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler is that they love doing projects with one another and their comedy is better suited for TV and doesn't translate well to the big screen. So they do these movie projects that have great premises, but for sketches and tv shows.

Which is a shame because you can tell that both are very funny and intelligent women but their box office receipts aren't anywhere near indicative of it.

Mean girls is such a weird movie, you'd think youd hate it but somehow its good...

Yeah though absolutely. Tiny also came up with Unbreakable and its funny as fuck, somewhat ironically though her guest star parts are pretty bad quality to the rest of the show unlike Liz Lemon.

Honestly though I never saw one good SNL from them, so I wouldn't agree with sketches part :P

but hateful 8 was utter garbage, so her performance is irrelevant

I think I'll go with Angry Joe's review.

youtube.com/watch?v=mCP937VRfI4

its because women cant be gross
men rule the world

Based on that, it was the writing and directing, not the women
the women didn't actually have creative influence in this movie, it was basically Feig thinking that Nutty Professor level humor would work for a ghostbusters movie, not understanding that it was more of a action movie with comedic actors than a comedy with action moments.

we hate men making gross jokes too.

le wise middle ground both sides are the same voice of reason

>the women didn't actually have creative influence in this movie
It's co-written by a woman and there's a bunch of terrible ad-libbing by the cast

>because women aren't funny.
Watch anything with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Women CAN be funny, but most of them are too lazy to joke about anything other than their own gender and bodies.
If the reboot was handled by someone else and had Fey and Poehler, I'd definitely see it. Why? Because they have chemistry.
Women can be funny, but these 4 cunts aren't.

I"ll just leave this here
youtube.com/watch?v=4m6F9g9Mu64

Wedding crashers is GOAT m8 fight me

the push for this movie was very real. if kek could get behind it, I would prefer our memes power a strongly written female comedy equipped with even stronger female characters that were the personification of the opposite of (and therefore superior to) the SJW farce that is their ideal woman. It would be so sweet to not only point to their failure in ghostbusters but also a success of their idealogical opponent.

uhh sexist and racist much?

Jem and the Holograms

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are legitimately funny people. I think its a cultural thing mostly. I'm Puerto Rican, and in Spanish speaking culture women are expected to take part in conversation and to be witty. Because of it, hispanic women are funny. As even Christopher Hitchens pointed out, dykes and jews are hilarious. Its the average anglo women who is unfunny.

boom

>headshot

>Based on that, it was the writing and directing, not the women
Reminds me of this
Dear lord I didn't know the issues behind the movie were that bad

>Angry Joe
Why
Fucking why
I'll never understand how this faggot is as popular as he is

trips splatter noted

No

Compare to others

yfw you saw a dic

>Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are legitimately funny people.
Then why did Baby Mama and Sisters suck? Why did Foxtrot whatever with Tina Fey suck ass?

>Baby Mama
Director: Michael McCullers
Writer: Michael McCullers

>Sisters
Director: Jason Moore
Writer: Paula Pell

>Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Directors: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Writers: Robert Carlock (screenplay), Kim Barker (based on the book "The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan" by)

see
>I think the problem with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler is that they love doing projects with one another and their comedy is better suited for TV and doesn't translate well to the big screen. So they do these movie projects that have great premises, but for sketches and tv shows.

Source on this?

Women can be funny, just not these women and just not with this script. It's a bad movie.

Then why was Death to Smoochie terrible, it had Robin Williams. Because sometimes good comedians are in bad shit. Liz Lemons is one of the funniest characters in sitcom history, and none of her jokes are based on "muh vagina". To declare that ALL women are unfunny is ridiculous. Most may not be, but some are. Tina Fey happens to be part of the enlightened few.

this thread is sharp as fuck

>I'm Puerto Rican
opinionos disregardos

>Liz Lemons is one of the funniest characters in sitcom history
Don't push it
Also, Lemon*

Death to Smoochie wasn't terrible. It is an awesome flick.

>17 millions in one day

Sup Forums blown the fuck out

To be honest, every link in the original post I find redirects or to youtube videos or previous tumblr posts.

youtube.com/watch?v=RPAklIlov-A&feature=youtu.be

Here is the tumblr post i found the whole thing tho, in case anybody want to check more on it

tenaflyviper.tumblr.com/post/146914700045/victoriabeckhamncheese-theotakux

Removing the fat autist would make this way more bearable. Maybe the guy on his other side, too. The middle guy's at least a bit charismatic, but the other two (especially the fat one) are unbelievably awkward, and the middle guy makes it worse by never acknowledging their statements and working it into a dialogue. It's difficult to watch as is.

that would be a shitty movie experience haha

>tfw clapmurica has no based dykes like toksvig or burke
No wonder you think women can't be funny. It's all poop/sex jokes coming from hotties - great to fap, not so great to chuckle IMHO.

Ever watch his review of Order 1886?

Or Ays n Tittays?

Piss off gaylord. Based Fey and Amy Poehler are funny femmes.

Maybe they haven't found the "stuff" to make a funny movie but the shows are good.

Fuck you user I fucking love Death to Smoochie, possibly my favorite comedic role of Williams, he was so deliciously dark.

hey tumblrina how about you learn to fucking read you newfag I literally said in the post quoting that they are funny, but their movies are shit. Parks n Rec and 30 rock are some of the best comedies in the last decade.

>Won't even be number 1 movie for its opening weekend

Ouch

All you "muh tina and amy" should really fuck off back to red dit seriously honestly
I know this doesn't mean much anymore, but their humor is super red dit core

When they were planning on 40mil+, not really.

lurk long and hard

>last airbender made more

This can't be real

It's EXACTLY what the producers expected you sperglords (55m in the opening week). Ghostbusters is a success.

Original
>4 guys trying to earn a living by treating the paranormal the same way as a blue collar exterminating job
Reboot
>4 women wanting to be cool heroes and fucking failing at it
Is this perhaps Hollywoods biggest case of "missing the point" ever? I honestly think no one at SONY understands Ghostbusters despite how fucking simple it is

>Mfw I just spent a cozy evening watching the original Ghostbusters with the family after convincing them not to waste their money on this garbage.

What's the matter faggot? Are you threatened that funny women like these two exist and are consistently highly praised and rated?

Which itself was a boring rip-off of various "Wacky antics in Vegas" movies and that episode of the Simpsons.

>I did actually enjoy The Heat, however almost every other mccarthy movie has sucked ass and is overrated. Heat had Sandy B who manages to make even ms congeanility worth a watch. Bridesmaids especially was shit.

I think at least Spy worked quite well for McCarthy

They reduced their expectations not that long ago, and estimates have it still falling short by about ten million.

>Parks n Rec and 30 rock are some of the best comedies in the last decade
Office, arrested development, scrubs, not to mention cartoon shit, are all miles better than that rebbit shit

It won't break 40m. Screencap this.

>highly praised
Only God is worthy of praise. Now fuck off back to plebbit you idolater.

Dunno mane. Madeleine Kahn is pretty hilarious.

>tenaflyviper.tumblr.com/post/146914700045/victoriabeckhamncheese-theotakux
Holy fuck I actually read all of that, someone intelligent on tumblr. She btfo'd gurlbusters HARD.

and it didn't even have any competition, either.

What else opened this week? The Infiltrator, Cafe Society, Equals, Phantom Boy, and Undrafted. I think they were all limited releases.

Even with zero competition, you still came in dead last. Couldn't even win by default.

threatened lol
No but it does upset me a bit. But boy are you all pissy about it

your box is incredibly limited. you would have to be a zealot slaved to some ideology to not concede that tina and amy are contemporary masters of a specific genre of comedy.

even wasting a moment to barf up muh reddit meta is gay as fuck. be more interesting.

Define "reddit shit" then you shitposting memester.

Great retort, faggot.

It was alright, but largely the non-comeian males easily stole the movie, like no contest. Basically she did nothing.

What does him being Puerto Rican have to do with anything?

>some
how about you learn to read you fucking edgelord.