Hey Sup Forums, ive wanted to play DayZ for so long. Is the mod or standalone better...

Hey Sup Forums, ive wanted to play DayZ for so long. Is the mod or standalone better? im looking for that survival in an open world, scared of being found vibe. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ9UXA5rCkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this game is trash

DayZ is pretty bad. I suggest 7 Days to Die.

mod is better, get arma 2 combined ops and use dayzlauncher. Standalone added a lot of stupid shit and they have like 3 cars. Mod also has more maps.

doesnt know what he's talking about. I've had years of good memories on this game. 2,500+ screenshots, around 50gb's of vidyas, I love this game. Both are good but since 0.61 is out on standalone, standalone is better

0.61 is a godlike update on standalone. You obviously havent played in a while

Mod community is practicaly dead senpai
It's only overpoch garbage now

mod is only good if you played it in its prime. only good for nostalgic reasons

I played at .59 it got better?

this game has made me experience sincere panic.
dont listen to ppl who say 7 days to die is better, its just easier and feels like minecraft

10000000x better
they fixed the framerate. I can play maxed with a shitty amd cpu and a gtx 950 at 1080p. They also added a sound and no desync update >youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ9UXA5rCkk

so is the standalone worth getting then? anything worth knowing to improve my experience?

yes

Get Standalone when it's on sale.
Otherwise you can try other similar games, I've liked 7 Days to Die a lot.

Itt
Fags that haven't played Exile for Arma 3.

can barely run it :(
amd fx 4300
gtx 950
16 gb of ram
1080p

Arma 3 Breaking Point mod is the best. its everything that the DayZ standalone could have been.

bp sucks tbh
its just a deathmatch where you have to mind your own weapons. I literally walk past zombies

.61 standalone patch is good. Still buggy but fun. Takes a bit to get used to

Arma 2 CO with Dayzlauncher, Most common mod for best experince should be Epoch.

Upgrade to a cheap GTX 1060 and a i3 7350k, then you should be more than able to play Arma 3 and have a GPU with VR support.

I overclocked my gpu and I'm buying an i5

I think theyre kind of neck and neck with one being better than the other for a short period of time.

Its littered with cheaters that make it not fun and nearly impossible to find any gear, making server hopping honestly the only real viable choice to get anything worth a fuck on SA or the mod.

just buy Arma 3 and play the exile mod for it

no zombies, but at least it fucking 100% works

anyone wanna gift me DayZ