How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?

Without looking anything up, explain how lightning works.

Its like a capacitor. Charges build up in clouds til they cant be held back anymore then find path to ground

lightning is generated in electrically charged storm systems

Big skydemon eat many enchilada.
Big skydemon rip big big fart.
Big skydemon realizes too late fart is actually shart

god is angry

>post gif

Smart enough to not jack off to that whale

lightning is actually god and all his wizard friend's cum

Extreme friction in the upper atmosphere due to a mixture of heat and moisture can compound significantly enough to produce micro black holes. However, since these micro black holes are so small, they near-instantaneously evaporate after their formation, emitting Hawking radiation in the process. Most of this radiation is in non-visible portions of the electromagnetic spectrum, but some of it is emitted as visible light, thus illuminating the sky. Even further, some of this visible light is converted to sound (since they are both waves, they can be converted into one another by changing the amplitude of the wave) via acute interaction with neutrino-electron collision, thus creating the thunder component of the phenomenon.

Lightning works by drilling round holes in a material to lighten it up. Basically the removed material isn't missed structurally because the torsional and compression forces follow the curvature of the hole, yet the lightning holes make the structure considerably lighter so it saves energy and Algore can sleep easier.

warm air goes up, presses together with cold air falling down, creating pressure, pressure pressure builds up as electrostatic energy which gets released in a lightning

Meteorologyfag. No lookup required.

So the lightning bolt itself is just a whole fuckton of electrons moving from one place to another to balance out a large imbalance of static charge, and most people know this much.

The analogy of rubbing your socks on the carpet to build up a charge and then getting shocked on a door handle works pretty well, except intuitively we know that electrons aren't being created or destroyed, and that the rubbing of the socks on the carpet is moving electrons from one material to another until the difference is great enough for imbalance to overcome the air's resistance to conduct electricity and cause a spark. But just what is rubbing against what to let a charge build in a cloud?

The cloud builds a static charge only during a storm, in which there is an updraft carrying ice crystals and something called graupel, which is mostly like hail. The ice crystals are being carried up by the updraft and the graupel is falling though it, and these things collide and it's these collisions that build the static charge. The graupel becomes rain and falls to the earth, carrying a negative charge with it. The ice crystals stay in the cloud, which causes the cloud to gain a positive charge. When the cloud has a large enough positive charge, the charge overcomes the resistance of the air between it and the ground (or another cloud, if the other cloud isn't also positively charged), and that's lightning.

Its an electrical discharge that occurs naturally. Bassically when a thunderstorm forms it moves into the atmosphere. It releases the energy in the form of lightning.

Its basically the atmosphere cumming

GOD

God gets turned on and starts rubbing his cock through his clothes. Eventually he works his way to climax. The combination of his screaming in orgasmic pleasure and jizz shooting from his shaft, makes for lightning. That's what my dad taught me when we played cave explorer.

hello yes i know about a specific weather occurrence i am very smart

Hahahaha you guys are fucking idiots. Lightening is created due to friction in the earth's crust. Continental crusts move over one and other creating electrostatic charge. This charge can be kept underground for thousands of years until the earth's diameter shrinks a few millimeters due to the moon slowly moving towards it, then boom, lightening. Some say we can use this method to look into the past because light takes thousands of years to travel through space.

What are you guys, fucking slow? Lightning comes out of your ass. Duh.

cloud friction builds up static electricity and it has to connect with ground, or random metal, but don't quote me on that

Ummm like the clouds rub together and that makes electricity and when there is two much it makes lighting?

I flip the switch and the light works. Same thing for my fan.

Lightning is Mike Pence telling God the coordinates of a fag but either one or both of them are dyslexic so they miss 99% of the time.

By breaking an oath so stfu and pay up my G

Visit SnapChat'y'.com to leak your ex gf tonight!

Damn (OP) , she looks like my ex girlfriend. Are you in USA Ga by chance?

this a good post