>can't read music
>can't easily transpose to any key
>can't read chord symbols

>muh extra strings

bro nick reinhart is a fantastic guitarist

>can only play in 4/4

Uses three chords
>Pavement-core

You can't play the notes making your index as a capo? how much time have you played? 2 months?

Why make something intentionally harder?

Why play an instrument at all when you can just push a button on a computer?

still sounds different

THIS

Exactly

>that's the best he's got for an argument

> can't play correctly
> "Just sounds different"

Just lean how to play, you shitty noob guitar player

>auditioning guitarists for our band
>narrowed down to the last two
>ask them to play Here Comes the Sun
>one asks if he can borrow a capo
>the other one can play it fine without one

Guess who gets the gig?

>playing with a pick

it does sound different without a capo tho

> playing high gain distortion without a pick

This plus
>doesn't understand Roman numeral progressions

youtube.com/watch?v=mrHZ6u5_eYw

here at synth and son

look i made that sound with the press of a button yay

>having pansy ass fingers
>enjoying the sound of the pick

this never happened

>2017
>still believening in bands

shiggy diggy doo

Wow did you figure that out all by yourself?

No shit, it was a hypothetical to illustrate a point you berry.

There are lots of amazing sounding colorful chunky chords that are physically impossible to access any other way. You should know that if you're such a hot player.

the one who sounded best?

> knowing finger picking on nylon and pick on metallic strings
> hybrid master race

>people who don't understand what a capo is for

Omg for real you dont know how to make all kind of bar chords?

If you can't tell the difference between a fingered note and an open note then you have pleb ears my man

x

Play it without a capo, I dare you

Your fingered notes don't sound the same as the opened ones? Ok, now i get it, you NEED practice my boy

>simplifying the situation to make yourself sound better
i can do it too
>why stroke some strings when you can press buttons

kek

>playing a song meant for a mandolin on guitar

sorry it was

I may just take you up on this.

you are a stone cold pleb

>never ever play a song on any instrument other than the instrument that it was originally "meant for"
wat

Bar third fret using left hand and press nine and ten strumming with ring and pinky finger using right hand

>wtf are jazz chords

That would sound like shit lmao

And if the notation indicated that the cord be strummed down and left to ring out, what would you do then?

Do this or shut the fuck up. I don't care if you can emulate it on less strings. Go.

Fuck this meme, there is literally nothing wrong with a capo.

Actually it's the opposite

Don't get mad, that's the idea, just try and make them explain themselves logically.

And you are a guitar noob that can't play without a piece of plastic

Go on.

Then why don't you exclusively strum the guitar with your penis? That would make it harder.

If what you're playing sounds nothing like how it's suppose to then you're the guitar noob.
>but I only fret notes with my dick that means I better than all the finger plebs, becuz dick playing is harder
Nobody wants to listen to your shitty sounding finger stretches faggot

Again, is not my fault that you can't play well and they sound different

Maybe you could give me a quick lesson on how to do something like this?

Again, it's not my fault your pleb ears can't tell the difference

/this thread
/this thread

If you are that desperate to do that

> if i can't no one else can
Oh, poor and cute soul

female bass player in an otherwise all-male band

they are all Tina Weymouth aka "band member's girlfriend who wanted to be in the band so they handed her a bass because nobody will know if she's actually shit at playing it"

Okay, so you're full of shit. There are a gorillion great sounding open chords in that vein that you can only make thin imitations of without a capo. But you already know that.

I played on a shitty hardcore band with a shitty female drummer and no one cared, all they cared about was the boobs floating arround

Eh. I'd change this to

>guitarists that use a capo as a crutch because they don't know barre chords and play in other keys without it

Some things are impossible to play without one.

>b-but i can sort of play a similar sounding chord without using all of the strings without nearly as much body so you're just a poop guitarist

Examples?

This one is pretty.

Playing similar chords is a legit skill though. You can usually get close enough.

I've been futzing around with and I can't find a way to play it exactly without a capo or using some weird fretted-with-both-hands-and-strumming-with-a-free-finger technique.

It absolutely is, but close enough isn't the same.

Scratch that, I just did it: 8 X 10 7 8 0

There's definitely stuff you need a capo for. A lot of fingerpicking stuff. I know a song where you need a capo at the start and remove it later in the song.

See
Your point stands though, I could only do it because I had a free string and could transpose on of the notes to an open string. I probably couldn't do

Thread done.

Seriously, if you're good enough to transpose anything but still can't understand how that might make it sound very different you're an autist

Normies don't care. I know what you mean though.

Fuck trump and fuck capos

Great thread

The guy who can play without it because two reasons:

the first guy didn't have the wherewithal to bring one in the first place.

the second guy can adapt without it

retards

This is how far I made it into this thread before the senseless bickering and duck measuring made my eyes cross with boredom.

>what i don't understand according to my epic theory knowledge it's the same chord just transposed how could it possibly sound any different you just suck

It's like you capo faggots only have two hands or somthing. Fuckin' losers.

This is objectively true

How you have seen Hendrix, SRV, Mayer ect use a capo? Nope

That's most of the thread anyway.

no but i'd like to see them try and play a chunky beauty like this without one. all depends on what your goals are. there are amazing sounds that are humanly impossible without one. unless you have honestly fooled yourself into thinking something like isn't just a terribly weakened imitation

The notes are exactly the same. The timbre of each note is slightly different but it's not superior or inferior to the capo version.

Exactly! Instruments suck, if you can make music just use a computer.
If you can't, learn how to use an instrument and play your favorite songs.

you realize that's how george played it?

Can we just conclude that all you faggots are shit musicians?

I thought that was just assumed.

It's not slightly different, the finagled capo-less version sounds utterly pathetic by comparison. Play it on acoustic. There just isn't nearly as much string to ring out. I know the notes are the same, so what, that's just one part of the equation. It's not the same sound.

>these friggin faggots talking about capos.

When I get home I'll compare them myself but I think we'll probably have to agree to disagree. I'll post a couple of clyps and see if you shady fucks can tell the difference.

I use 20 distortion pedals and 30 fuzzes you bitch

One chord is fine, 2 is pushing it but 3 is fucking jazz man

Please do and hear for yourself. It's a huge difference unless you're playing high gain or only doing quick chops. On acoustic it's night and day.

I use a capo for mathrock if I want to play in a different key, so I can come up with diatonic tapping licks in any key I want.