Who will be first to confirm this assertion

who will be first to confirm this assertion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-Y93N40o4
strawpoll.me/12230573
blogs.ptc.com/2011/11/10/math-basics-order-of-operations-precedence-and-tricky-brainteasers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its 2 (MAGA you libtard)

potato

32 u fucking nigger.

32 you cucks.
2 squared is 4.
Now according to order of operations math and division happen in the order they appear. So you have 200 by 25 times 4. Which is 8 times 4 Which is 32. I voted trump.

You plebs don't know order of operation..
Even ask google, its 32

200/25(2^2)
200/25(4)
8(4)

>i voted trump
you proved that with your answer.

it's 2, 200 divided by 100 is two, so two is the answer to op's question.
also, 5/7 for making me answer to trolls

This.

>Hurr durr how do I maths. Better ask Google and not pay attention to the extra brackets it adds, because not only am I retarded but also legally blind.

It's obviously 4. Jus sayin

>division comes before multiplication
Justify this

The rule of PEMDAS dictates multiplication before division .. therefore the answer is indeed 2

you dumb faggots need to learn PEMDAS.
200/25(2^2)
do parenthesis first, the expression becomes
200/25*4
do your MULTIPLICATION first peMdas
200/100
then divide
200/100 = 2

MAGA retards

Actually they happen at the same time because division is just multiplying by a fraction.

The answer is still two though

youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-Y93N40o4

Do you even.
200/25(2^2)
200/25(4)
200/100

gems is better because mut/division are interchangable when it comes to order
so grouping gives you
200/25x4 and you go left to right just like reading
so it is 200 divided by 25 then times 4 =32

Anyone who said 2 needs to kill themselves.

its 2 fuck everyone else

Look up Order of Operations, Multiplication and Division are done left to right at the same time you dumb cuck

MD and AS are same priority and are just done left to right.
so up to 200/25*4 you're right, but then it went down the track with you.
200/25 is 8, 8*4 is 32

32 is the answer.

The retard thread is that way libkike

In PEMDAS, multiplication and division are grouped together and are just left to right if they're the only things left.
This is 7th grade stuff

>left to right
>in maths

you people are fucking all retarded
200/25*2^2 =
200/50^2 =
200/2500 =

>my man

Cool story kid.

Whose the women on the left?

I'm liberal btw
Answer:28

yeah, dubs confirm: cool story is not only cool, it's true, too!

checkmate, trumptard.

Yes, left to right when two operations are identical or of the same importance in the order of operations.

PEMDAS you fucking morons.

200/25(2^2)
200/25(4)
200/25*4
8*4

>People ITT don't realize it's P-->Exponent-->Multiplication and division from left to right-->Addition and subtraction from left to right

Let's settle this

strawpoll.me/12230573

I'm in the 32 camp myself, PEMDAS should be more grouped like P E MD AS

MD and AS are grouped together and done left to right

ITT - Underagefags
I'll explain PEMDAS step by step.
P - Parenthesis
E - Exponents
MD - Multiplication and Division (left to right)
AS - Addition and Subtraction (left to right)

The problem in question is 200/25(2^2).
P - 200/25(4)
E - 200/25(4)
MD - 8(4) --> 32

Multiplication doesn't necessarily come before division, ask any math teacher. MAGA.

Being non-american and watching this thread makes me realize that Trump is not your biggest problem.

Do you people even go to school?

>ITT: OP has successfully created a situation that perfectly demonstrates how equally-retarded Americans are

Liberturds and cuckservatives are literally debating absolutes, disagreeing within their own parties.

except everything written in the denominator could be parenthesized. I didn't know people could be so retarded and still think they're 1000% right.

This. Finally someone with a brain. It's always been that way. In fact, here's a quote from Purplemath, and you'll likely find essential the same exact thing said on any other website.

What if it was read right to left, like Arabic or Hebrew? Is math no longer universal?

just throwing this out there for the retards

it goes P.E.MD.AS.

so when it get to the MD part, it's multiplication AND division, you do whichever you run into first in the equation going from left to right

Only reason you wrote MAGA was because you know it's wrong and wanted to reinforce the stereotype that all trump supporters are stupid

ok kiddo

it is universal, and they read it left to right.
that's why they use our fonts for math, not their moonspeak.

>thought people posting 2 were just pretending to be retarded and intentionally falling into the 3rd grade math trap
>show this picture to friend majoring in mathematics at rutgers
>answered 2

welp, i guess i can't argue with a mathematician

Leftist math 101
>number inequality

its fucking 32 you absolute retards
look
1) 200/25(4)
2) 8(4)
3) 32

multiplication and division have the same precedence, so you do them left to right.

Literally how the fuck did someone that retarded get into a university?

as a janitor, cleaning trashcans.-

if its a fraction it should be treated as such
(200)/(25(2^2)) and it would be 2
if its just a straightforward equation 200/25(2^2) it would be 32

Listen, retards. The answer is fucking simple and all of you are wrong. Here is how you do this so when people post this fucking image again you won't look like a mongoloid:

200/25(2^2) = (200/25*2)^2 = (200/50)^2 = 4^2 = 16.

IT'S 16

lol you fucking idiot, use google and find out that you're retarded. PEMDAS means resolve everything inside of the parenthesis FIRST. And then M/D and A/S only have left-right precedence over each other.

When simplified, 200/200 so 1

what in the fuck is this bullshit, are you fucking stupid?

This is the truth. It is 32. I can prove it multiple ways, I could explain it, I could give examples to show how 32 is the only answer... but who would listen? Who that actually thinks it is 2 will be able to follow the logic necessary to realize they're wrong?

its not a fraction, you dummy

Show your work. I want to see your stupidity in slow motion.

>multiplication and division have the same precedence, so you do them left to right.
why is this so hard to understand for these people? I guess I am on a website filled with underage retards and dropouts living on welfare.

I blame circumcision

PEMDAS bitches.

Learn implicit vs explicit multiplication and division.

1 is the correct answer, stopping at "PEMDAS" is the problem, people think that math only goes as far as 3th grade.

>doing multiplication first

LMAO. Have fun flipping burgers for all your life.

Im pretty sure people just intentionally answer wrong to fuck with people. its a meme at this point

y'all niggas postin 32s in a 16 thread.

>multiplication comes first cause of pemdas

pemdas = pedmsa you stupid motherfuckers

division is multiplication and subtraction is addition

jesus christ read a fucking book

Okay, if you fucking learn and understand how PEMDAS fucking works, it works like this: Parenthesis->Exponents->Multiplication and Division (left to right)-> Addition and Subtraction (Left to right). Multiplication/Division and Addition/Subtraction work as they do because it's the same operation, only backwards. So 200/25(2^2) -> 200/25(4) ->4(4) -> 8
Go back to school and learn math you fucking apes.

implicit vs explicit multiplication and division. Just because your math teacher lied to you to make things simple doesn't mean your math is real maths.

Its left to right
And more like this pe(multiplication or division) (addition or subtraction) left to right.
Had to look this up myself because i thought the same thing.

Google implicit vs explicit multiplication and division. PEMDAS isn't the end of the rules for multiplication and division.

>pemdas
>procedes to not use it and get the meme answer
you did it champ
>le 16 maymay

False. Google implicit vs explicit multiplication and division. Your math teacher didn't finish their job teaching you maths.

>Okay, if you fucking learn and understand how PEMDAS fucking works, it works like this: Parenthesis->Exponents->Multiplication and Division (left to right)-> Addition and Subtraction (Left to right). Multiplication/Division and Addition/Subtraction work as they do because it's the same operation, only backwards.
right

>So 200/25(2^2) -> 200/25(4) ->4(4) -> 8
you stupid motherfucker

5 because common core.

nigger how about you try to explain yourself instead of making the same post 5 times

fucking faggot.

PEMDAS!

1. Parenthesis
2. Exponents
3. Multiply/Divide
4. Addition/Subtraction

Congratulations on learning 4th grade math.

the * and brackets denote different multiplication.

The division sign and fraction bar denote different types of division.

These differences are specifically related on how the equation should be computed.

Thus learn some maths beyond 3rd grade PEMDAS.

thanks for reading the thread

your input is greatly appreciated

faggot

proofs or fuck off cuck

you are retarded. 200/25 equals 8, not 4

implicit vs explicit multiplication and division.

Congratulations on learning higher math that deals specifically with interpretation issues that THIS PROBLEM SHOWS with PEMDAS.

shillary has got you beat

100% of her supporters are mentally handicapped

This picture is the definition of autism.

Self Diagnosed none the less. That makes them double retard.

>calling me retarded for quoting a retard
fuck off and die newfag

What if I voted hillary and can't solve this?

To the faggot going hurr durr explicit implicig etc etc. it doesnt fucking apply here dipshit, this equation is as straightforward as it gets

last time I checked, calculators followed order of operations.

then you're a double dumbfuck

Congrats on spending this much time of your life showing how wrong you are. The problem with your logic is that this question doesn't specify explicit or implicit. It's a trick question designed to throw everyone off.

Congrats to everyone for getting baited.

here's how I worked it out btw

>to the faggot
>not replying to a post

fucking newfag

There are multiple ways to write the order of operations. PEMDAS, BEDMAS, BODMAS etc. Notice how the M and D are moved around a lot.
Answer is 32. You kids are idiots

There isn't "proofs" this is about math being a language that is read. Learning and understand the syntax involved solves these issues.

People are stuck on PEMDAS, yet due to the obscurity of PEMDAS multiplication by juxtaposition or better known as implicit vs explicit multiplication and division helps solve these kind of troll math questions.

See : for more info blogs.ptc.com/2011/11/10/math-basics-order-of-operations-precedence-and-tricky-brainteasers/

Or as a reasonable college math teacher.