So am I the only one who thinks everything sounds pretty good so far?

So am I the only one who thinks everything sounds pretty good so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1dONxX9rifs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t. libshit who is scared of being killed by the president

what

>is 15

Unfortunately, no.

>rapper mentions Trump on a contemporary album
>user gets triggered harder than a tumblrina at a rest stop in North Carolina

Serious question: what's it like to be so fragile? Honestly, how do you function?

Most people outside of Sup Forums like these tracks.

Political shit can go fuck itself but otherwise not bad material

>Talking politics on Sup Forums
Kill yourselves. Especially the guy who responded to the first post.

>hyped album by a big name artist finally coming out
>Anthony Fantano doesn't really like the singles and is skeptical
>Sup Forums says they are sure it's gonna suck
Color me surprised.

Sup Forums lost its shit over Plastic Beach, m8. Hell, I expect that discussion of the album will go strong well into June based on what I've heard so far Humanz simply doesn't sound very inspired in any respect.

Andromeda is the only tracked released so far that isn't garbage. It's out there, it feels big, the feature isn't taking over the song, it's reminiscent yet new, and it doesn't have some monkey speak garbage blasting your ear drums and insulting your intelligence by calling it music. Why is it Jenny Beth sounds like she listened to Trout Mask Replica and thought that that should be her whole asthetic? I have a feeling the Danny Brown song will be around the same level as the other ones.

Andromeda feels too much like a discount On Melancholy Hill for me to get into.

>the feature isn't taking over the song
I don't even like DRAM but does that even count as a feature? He's mixed in with the backing vocals. I wouldn't have even known he was there if he didn't have a feature credit. Should use him more if you're gonna use him.

1. Saturnz Barz
2. Let Me Out
3. Andromeda
4. Ascension
5. We Got the Power
6. Hallelujah Money

>a lot of people don't like Let Me Out
Massively surprised by that, desu. Did not expect that song to be divisive. It sounds incredible on my speakers.

I hope they make 100% of the tracks on this album garbage grime rap featuring nobodies with horrible flow and shitty lyrics, all that beautiful composition and smooth aesthetic from their past albums is getting boring! xD

>Plastic Beach comes out
>WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE DEMON DAYS!!!

>Humanz singles come out
>WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE PLASTIC BEACH!!!

Same old story. Always happens when a band changes its sound in between albums - which is sort of the whole idea of Gorillaz. If they release another new album in 7 years people will complain that it doesn't sound like Humanz.

>The album's overarching theme is the emotional aftermath of an unexpected world-changing event. Albarn has said that during recording sessions for the album in late 2015 and early 2016, he would tell collaborators to imagine a future in which Donald Trump had won the 2016 US presidential election as an example, later noting that "unfortunately it became reality".

really makes me think

>theme of the album is celebrating in the midst of the apocalypse
Sounds cool
>hey, hypothetically, think about something like the election of Trump
OMG I AM FUCKING TRIGGERED NOW I CAN'T ENJOY THIS ALBUM ANYMORE FUCK YOU DAMIEN ALBATN

HOW DARE HE CRITICIZE DADDY TRUMP
WTF I HATE GORILLAZ NOW

wow nice meme dude it's hilarious when you coopt a phrase from one side and flip it to the other side that's a good argument i bet you listen to the best music and have all the right political opinions

go btfo some trumpfkintards on a facebook page, king autismo

>Anti-war
>pro-refugee
>makes music in Africa
>collaborates with Syrian musicians
>parents were both hippies

I don't get it. Are people surprised by this? Have you never listened to his other albums? I understand hating an overt political message but I really haven't sense that so far on Humanz, sorry.

this x1000

always thought this was the point of gorillaz - trying out new sounds and collaborating where it's possible, and this is exactly why i like damon so much

me too OP

I didn't like the single with the four of them, and I didn't like the single with Keith Richards, but the Björk single was pretty good actually, and the others aren't bad at all.
And I didn't like the single about the money.

there is no gorillaz song with bjork or kieth richards

I was talking about the guys on the covers of the singles because I'm feeling lazy and I can't remember wich one was wich one.

>Let Me Out better than Andromeda
end your life

Gorillaz sold out. It's just a big name people recognise, used to produce shitty, generic tracks to advertise their mostly shitty guests.

Sup Forums liked Plastic Beach when it released, though

but why Trump? Damon knew that hilary was going to bomb shit just like trump, right?
making it all revolve around muh drumpf just makes the album lose its timelessness and seem overly preachy

Yep

Sup Forums thought the four tracks were shit before fantano voiced his opinion about em

I am currently digging Let Me Out
youtube.com/watch?v=1dONxX9rifs

No I really like it so far, pretty sure most people complaining are being contrarian for the sake of being different than "reddit"

You're objectively wrong and you thinking that is retarded

No, it's all the same club music.

I never thought an experimental collab band with ugly cartoon mascots would ever become a textbook example of uninspired commercial garbage, but here we are. And this isn't even touching on the Fuck Drumpf stuff.

Every song so far has been *shit rapper* featuring Gorillaz instead of the other way around

Nah not really

>entire theme of the album is fear and loathing of trump presidency
>"Why are these threads always political?"

>trying out new sounds and collaborating where it's possible

That would be great. Unfortunately every song sounds exactly the same.

Gorillaz now only exists to try and give aspiring blartists a push.

>boogyman buzzwords
what a fucking faggot

Saturnz Barz > Ascension > Andromeda > Let Me Out > We Got the Power > Hallelujah Money

Saturnz Barz is a legit SOTYSF candidate.

1 Andromeda
2/3 Saturnz Barz = We Got The Power
4 Ascension
5 Let Me Out
6 Hallelujah Money