P O P P Y

What do you guys think about ThatPoppy's music and how come you don't pray to her every night like I do?

youtube.com/watch?v=qjCSH2e-cOo

youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY

youtube.com/watch?v=fS9f6_i6v3Q

youtube.com/watch?v=E4vUxVwb_G8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8PJ51W45pmw
youtube.com/watch?v=jnIxIlpkDog
youtube.com/watch?v=U9PVGYf_haE
youtu.be/Ta2-VXNIhH0?t=16m26s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

after seeing the videos on her youtube channel, I was disappointed that her music is actually fairly normal. Ariana Grande coulda made her songs and they wouldn't have been any different. I was expecting some next level experimental stuff from Poppy to be honest

>not posting Poppy's good songs

youtube.com/watch?v=8PJ51W45pmw

youtube.com/watch?v=jnIxIlpkDog

her music is social commentary on the modern day pop star, its supposed to be ironically generic

>posting Poppy's popular pop songs to provide a light introduction to her music to people who have not yet partaken

I don't think the music is supposed to actually be interesting or good, the whole poppy character/project is a commentary on stuff like ariana grande

are her songs actually popular? are there people who listen to them without knowing they're satirical or whatever?

Her own stuff is meh but I fucking love this cover

lol nah, my sister are the typical basic normie girls, and they didn't know who Poppy was until I showed them. Then they compared her to Melanie Martinez.

Quality music

She's the female Sam Hyde and redpilled

reminds me of Christina Aguilera/No Doubt

>they compared her to Melanie Martinez
yeah that's the usual normie response to Poppy

desu MM is boring as fucking shit

Never post again.

I actually do like the music, just idk, the weird vids made me think the music would go along with them.

this is good

Melanie Martinez is cool imo. But I do think her music is every "I'm not like the other girls" tumblerina's normie idea of "art" pop.

This.
These videos reminds me of Sam Hyde/MDE at points

this cover reminds me of a girl I used to talk to, for some reason the original doesn't hold the same feeling.
accurate

but thats the most generic thing

didn't she release an ambient album
i want to listen to it but don't remember what it's called

dude shut up fuck off racist

it's called 3:36 Music to Sleep To

Mars Argo was genuine.
Poppy has no heart, it could've literally been anyone else willing.

hehe

How much is Island Records in on the "joke" with Poppy? Do they know she and her music are satirical or did they sign her to be Ariana Grande or whatever?

I don't watch people who hide their sub count

that's part of her gimmick

every record label knows that pretty young white girl = lots of cash

literally the point

they just want $$$ goy

thoughts on the poppy ambient album? Actually good or just part of the meme?

Poppy loves us all, pray to her

posted on here months ago about poppy and you dickheads made fun of me

>i was merely pretending to be retarded XD

Fuck you faggot

I discovered poppy

Poppy is cool but she's like sometimes in your face with the point too much, I forget the word for it

fuck both you fags Poppy commented a heart on my picture she's mine

>her music is social commentary on the modern day pop star, its supposed to be ironically generic
Well, do you know who else did that? Zappa. And it was hardly generic or simplistic. Why not do it that way? It would require too much effort and actual talent I suppose.

Zappa commented on it from the perspective of an outsider. Poppy is supposed to be an actual popstar, just exaggerated to cartoonish proportions.

Moreover, Poppy isn't actually a musical project in the sense that you aren't supposed to listen to the music as music.

>Moreover, Poppy isn't actually a musical project in the sense that you aren't supposed to listen to the music as music.
That's a shame. But, either way, is highly unlikely we will ever see and hear another Zappa. I expected too much from a modern, cute white girl after all.

Her music doesn't match her visual and video style for me, she's built up this personality on Youtube and yet the music doesn't match at all to the vibes she goes for on those videos.

So it just doesn't work for me. I wish the music was more esoteric, more of a pop pisstake and more experimental. Instead they're just average pop songs.

>called poppy
>music is poppy

really makes you think

it's a meme
it's too ironic for me to worship
i am going to go back to my cave and listen to techno while I pretend the late 2000s never ever happened

Start playing Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "Static" at the 16:26 mark:

youtu.be/Ta2-VXNIhH0?t=16m26s

Then, after four seconds, play Poppy's Mac DeMarco cover of "My Kind of Woman" from the very beginning:

It's oddly calming. Too bad it only works for the first minute or so, though. :|

Unpopular opinion I have: Poppy's music is good but her videos are just mediocre. Some of them can be funny or interesting but most of them aren't great. By contrast, her music is some of the best pop music I've ever heard. I'd put it above Carly Rae Jepsen and Sky Ferreira in terms of GOATness

is it just me or is Sky Ferreira's whole thing her image, like her music is really mediocre

holy fuck dude

Regardless of authorial intentions going into it, purposefully vapid, pointless art/music is still vapid, pointless art/music at the end of the day. Irony can only be taken so far. parody something too closely, and you end up actually being the thing you were trying to make fun of. That is the central problem with things like the Poppy project.

To put it another way, making fun of stupid people by pretending to be even more stupid than them just makes you look even more stupid to bystanders.

you don't really understand the art of Titanic Sinclair

I'm poppy.

I can't believe Sup Forums is posting about Poppy, what are you cunts 12 years old?

I legit have a crush on her. Fuckkkkkk........

Hi Titanic.

So when are Poppy and Mars Argo gonna fight to the death for the crown of illuminati princess but then make up and make a collab album together?

really wish she wouldve gone down a more serious path musically, continued with her ambient stuff, and produced something that felt genuine to her alt icon aesthetic instead of just deciding to make some pretty shallow psuedo insightful post ironic pop songs
she had the potential to become a pretty interesting figure with a cult following but she fucked it up by making parody music

I understand it perfectly. The problem is that random (regular) bystander listeners can't, because he forgot to factor them into the equation of the project.

Regular people don't listen to artists like Melanie Martinez because of the music (since it is vapid.) They listen because of who she is. Poppy is a literal nobody who performs vapid music. There is literally no reason for a normal person to listen to her. The only way this project could've worked is if she was being "played" by an actually already massively famous person.

what else is there to criticize these days? if anything i think poppy does it more cleverly than most artists

I unironically like her Ambient Album - it's a little bit simple but it still is good music to sleep to