So I guess the "GB Cinematic Universe" Sony wants so badly is going to remain a pipedream right?

So I guess the "GB Cinematic Universe" Sony wants so badly is going to remain a pipedream right?

Post your face when the GB Cinematic Universe is dead on arrival.

What would it even encompass besides the new ghostbusters? You can't really call it a "cinematic universe" with one set of movies.

Franchises over the world would have worked, if this had been in the original universe.

I think what Sony had in Mind was a Slimer solo movie.

Unless they make it that Murray entered a portal that wiped the old movies and then returns in his Costume alongside the women.

Only way to save it.

I never want a new ghostbusters anything. The novelty wore off in the 80s.

Didn't the old cartoon start to suck when Slimer got his own cartoons?

There was some potential for a proper reboot, what with the franchise's world and mythos that were expanded in the cartoons and comics, but is completely thrown out the window for Fembusters.

>GhostBusters is DOA
>BattleBorn is DOA
>Brexit happened
>rest of Europe is burning on the SJW-led Muzzie pyre they built under themselves
>Trump movin' on up to an eventual presidency
>Bottomless Pit dropped and was fucking lit
>just got a job last week, saving for car and gun
This year is GOAT. Things are really looking up.

Since the beginning the whole reboot thing was about scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
The retarded controversy by Sony and Feig pretty much killed it.
And they'll never be able to sell it in China anyway.

It seems that only Disney or that hack of JJ Abrams can reboot and sell successful expanded universes.

What about Jurassic World?

That had Chris Pratt's face on it.

I dunno. Marvel stumbled a few times in their cinematic universe but I guess they started running with Iron Man so it evens out.

Maybe a sequel would fix things? I haven't seen it.

I want a Highlander reboot if anything. None of that pussy PG13 shit too. I want Verhoeven shit.

They we're complete idiots with how they handled this.

You can't just reboot a universe that has been in the making for over 30 years.

It's fucking senseless, and all because Feig was too stuck up to make his mark with a franchise that ironically would've been a red carpet for him otherwise.

Uh huh...

That wasn't a reboot. In fact Fembusters should have learned from that and been a continuation from the old movies.

Just like DC.

I notice you didn't post the financials.

The problem is nobody in the original cast wanted to be on it after seeing the script.

You forgot about Turkey, Nice, copshootouts, faggots getting massacred in clubs

Then why was Ackroyd in the movie?

Didn't Sony also tried to blackmail or sue Murray into doing something for this? It was in the email leaks.

You think Sony know or care?

He's a real life ghost chaser and a complete tin foil hat who has been pushing for more Ghosbusters the whole time. It's the reason Murray hates him.

He's probably the only one from the old team who actually had some passion for this movie, but he's too desperate to see that it sucks balls which makes matters worse.

he's absolutely insane on every level and desperate for cash

Ackroyd is Exec producer on the film. He gets MILLIONS for this and all he had to do was show up for a few days of shooting and okay some things.

He hasn't had a career for 20 years. He is just happy to be important again.

Yes. It was part of the network's ideas to "fix" the show, along with toning down Janine's character and adding in the Junior Ghostbusters.

Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, and Sigourney Weaver were also in the movie.

Wait i thought misogynistic man children were btfo. What happened?!

A cinematic universe with no established universe. I'd like to see how they pull that off.

How fucking sad is that

The reason GB2 was so mediocre compared to the first was because he threw a fit about not wanting to be in the costume and even had it in his contract

Now he's Sony's whipping boy and forced to dance for them in the new movie

>mfw Sony is so desperate to cash in on Marvel's decade old business plan that they will throw money at any concept that might merit a sequel

NOW YOU SEE ME PART THREE WHEN

$$$$$

That photo is from an awards ceremony six years ago.

>rick moranis is the only one with scruples enough to not be in it despite being offered a shitload

i bet he asked for too much money, ur a fucking moron for believing him,

He probably did.
However, he did so because he knew the turbojews would refuse, thus giving him a good out

He probably would have done it if they offered something more interesting than cameo that only lasts for a few seconds.

Nothing against the other actors, but I wish they would have pushed for a little more. Or at the very least, Sigorney Weaver's cameo should have been better thought out.

Eh, EH?!

>NOW YOU SEE ME PART THREE WHEN

Oh for fuck's sake, don't be so stupid.

It would be called "Now You 3 Me".

Zombieland is a better Ghostbusters movie than the new one

An "P" turns into an "E" so easily. You got lazy.

>Ghost corpse

isn't that a little redundant?

He talked about it in an interview. The guy is retired and I remember he said something along the lines of " I wish them luck but I don't see the point in coming back to do a pointless cameo for something I was in 30 years ago".

I wanted it to be black to symbolize necrosis/dead tissue

also

>an P

what?

If the 2nd wasn't called "Now You Don't" I wouldn't expect anything as clever as "2Fast 2 Furious"

I think Ivan Reitman said in a recent interview that multiple movies are still planned, but they don't know what form they're going to take yet. What I'm guessing that means is that they know people want Ghostbusters, people like Ghostbusters, but they don't know if THIS Ghostbusters will be worth it yet. He said something about the original idea for Ghostbusters 3 that he was working on when Harold Ramis died still being possible. So maybe there is something good that can still come out of this catastrophe.

no, he just doesn't act now.
he does a few c grade things out of boredom now and then, but he's praticularly a housewife now

theyre doing a CG animated Ghostbusters, but I dunno if thatll change in response to how this one does.

Didn't Moranis' wife die of cancer so he chose to largely retire from acting to focus on his family? Patton Oswald could learn a thing or two from this "housewife"

>Patton Oswald could learn a thing or two from this "housewife"
did his wife die

Yes. that was part of what made his outspoken criticism of the AVGN's refusal to review Ghostbusters 2016 all the more questionable because his wife had died like a month earlier so he should have had more important things with which to be concerning himself.

No. The movie is likely to break even. But even if it doesn't, if Fox could decide to go ahead with a Fantastic Four sequel then Sony can do the same with Ghostbusters. There's something to build on and MCU proved that it's not a bad idea by going from Iron Man which made peanuts to movies that make Iron Man 1 money just in their opening weekend.

This. Brought this up earlier.

Guy's a class act.

>if Fox could decide to go ahead with a Fantastic Four sequel then Sony can do the same with Ghostbusters.
Fox only decided to make Fant4stic to keep the rights away from Marvel. Sony has no incentive to waste money on a sequel they wouldn't make money from.

Sony is in a shittier financial position, from what I gather.

I doubt they wouldve teamed up with the MCU for Spiderman if their own shit actually worked.

>"iron man which made peanuts"

>On a budget similar to Ghostbusters it made something like 300 million domestic and 600 overall worldwide.
>It opened #1 just shy of 100 million
>Ghostbusters opens #2 with 45 million.

Yeah mate totes the same thing.

If anything it's more like Incredible Hulk. The second MCU film that is only now getting a sequel when the success of all the others have guaranteed it won't underperform.

And speaking of Spider-Man, this keeps getting brought up. They had a whole Spider-Man universe with a Sinister Six movie and an Aunt May movie and fuck all planned. Amazing Spider-Man 2 made a lot of money, tons of money worldwide. And it was still considered a disappointment. Ghostbusters won't even make a fraction of Amazing Spider-Man 2's box office profit. That is something that must be taken into account.

>145 mil budget + est 100 mil marketing
>45 mil opening weekend
>not opening in China
>competing with other comedies like Bad Moms and Sausage Party soon
>competing with other blockbusters like Bourne, Ice Age, and Suicide Squad soon

It's dead.

I'll haemorrhage something laughing if Sausage Party outgrosses this movie.

Kirsten Wiig starring in both just makes it even funnier.

Only thing is that Moranis was a darling of the kino world.

Spaceballs, Strange Brew. The list goes on. What was that one horror musical he was in?
The 70s going into the 80 is the best era for comedy flicks

Little Shop of Horrors, based on the off-Broadway musical which is itself based on a 1960s Roger Korman film.

nop

no there was potential for a sequel that had the team retire and we see a new team work under them. But no it had to be a reboot

So Extreme Ghostbusters The Movie?

Fuck that should've been the third movie.

No agenda at all

He got to do a tie-in promo with his crummy crystal skull vodka with certain theaters, he probably got a decent wad of cash.

Matt Atchity isn't so bad. He's a regular on the Carolla podcast. He's not full sjw, just kind of a pussy.

Grae Drake is fucking terrible, though.

That Ghosbuster rerelease was an ACTUAL Ghostbusters rerelease in theaters. It was great finally being able to see it in theaters a couple years ago.

would the universe involve only women and killing ghosts shooting them in the dick.

I too feel Highlander needs a proper reboot.

why would anyone be happy? could been a sweet soft reboot made by the russo brothers, it's a damn shame they all drank the sjw cool aid

Just have them cameo like they did in this one, only as their original characters.

Like have the fembusters be the L.A branch of the Ghostbusters franchise and have Ackroyd and Murray cameo in a training video they watch or something.

exactly it would have been simple make the game canon too by starting the movie with them discussing franchising the ghostbusters and them training their aprentices, the final battle has them cross streams one last time and then the old cast retires for the most part.

But no we had to have a reboot that missed the point of the originals