What are some examples of overproduced music?

What are some examples of overproduced music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9ABuasa1Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=LYFXbGQcfoE
youtube.com/watch?v=UXjT8qWZ-aQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anything jim steinman
he's simultaneously the absolute GOAT and hilariously bad

anything using electronics is overproduced
mechanical music or bust

youtube.com/watch?v=L9ABuasa1Cc

youtube.com/watch?v=LYFXbGQcfoE

All deathcore

lmao nah

did you hear them live? hear them live

I listened to that Phil Specter Christmas album the other day, and I liked the first song. But then the rest of the album just had the same over the top sound, and I completely lost interest. Dunno if that's overproduction per se but whatever.

99% of Panda Bear's solo work

Just stop man it's all for a reason with him or any of them

stupid opinion

> starting a thread with a tasteless opinion

Well ok

Pic related. Some of his produced albums will make you nauseous.

>hear them live
i dont think thats possible

it would only sound worse if it has worse production

Terrible opinions itt

MBDTF

Be Here Now

Run The Jewels

No, but true for Tomboy and PBVSGR.

Sonic Boom wtf are you doing.

As much as I dislike RTJ for their leftist lyrics, the dystopian EL-P beats are always on point.

Obscure but Never Mind The Stragglers by Mindless Dodger. So grossly cheesy.

I love Dan Deacon but literally the albums bromst and America are so layered you can't even hear half of it.

it feels almost sterile compared to other ween releases

youtube.com/watch?v=UXjT8qWZ-aQ

Sonic Boom polished a turd, previous live versions of some of those songs are bland af. And PBMTGR sounds more like a collaboration between the two, as a Spectrum fan, I dig it

Centipede HZ is the correct answer, the production completely ruined what could 've been their most intenses album. To make matters worse anco deciced to "dial it down" and followed it with the most insipid and "meh" album possible
Such a shame

>CHz is overproduced
It's mad muddled what are you talking about? If you mean the whole super busy plunderphonics sampling thing, then I get what you mean, but that was more of musical choice

Also PBvsGR is pretty good imo some of the tracks are just too drawn out, like lonely wanderer. The whole thing is just a debussy sample looped over and over again. Crosswords EP is what PBvsGR could've been at it's full potential.

Also I'm listening to PW for the first time in about a year and it's better than I remember

I'm pretty sure this is the classic example.

It's especially heinous because the entire point of the project was to be as raw and unfiltered as their early material.

>the whole super busy plunderphonics sampling thing, then I get what you mean, but that was more of musical choice

Strawberry Jam is just as busy (and noisier) but its well mixed and a masterpiece

I agree with you there, although SJ also has better songwriting than CHz, not that Centipede is poorly written, I actually like it a lot.

Anything that uses more than 2 layers per drum.

Absolute best version of frosty the snowman I've ever heard

Just listen to anything from the top 40.

you mean everything post-Person Pitch
fuck Sonic Boom for cocking up Tomboy, the single mixes of it are great and would've made a worthy follow-up to Person Pitch

Muse

nah, i think a dirtier sound would do the genre good, just look at slam. you're just playing simple chugs why you need all that quantization
it's so weird that that's actually hard to find, even small deathcore bands seemingly use the same production job as anything on victory records